Orangeboys dream grove

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by orangeboy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. finally i have acquired 10 OG sour diesel bag seeds
    Orangeboy is back in business!!
    so far 4/5 seeds ive germed popped 2 are planted and waiting for the other two to develop bigger taproots

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437484944.874251.jpg
    sour diesel bagseed #1 first to sprout so far all 4 are in their beginning containers

3. sour D seed #2 sprouted
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437513273.280299.jpg
    both look off to a good start

4. #64 orangeboy, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    third sour d seeds sprouted sometime last night ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437570021.491288.jpg

the grove looks pretty promising so far if i dont say so myself ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437570072.659279.jpg
    oh yea and found another seed of the same supposed sour diesel so that makes 6 more!

5. potted up two seedlings today and mulched everything with cucumber leaves, just experimenting to see what works anyway heres a pick of the fam ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437673089.682644.jpg

6. Ive been doing some research and i came across the "Duck's foot" strain, supposedly its leaves are fused together so it doesnt look like cannabis! Only problem is im having trouble finding a seed supplier that has it in stock, does anyone have experience with this strain and know where i could get my hands on some of those fine seeds?
    It looks like the perfect guerilla grow plant ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437923535.554274.jpg

7. Seedlings doing well, their first set of leaves are growing. Heres a pic ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438290359.011046.jpg
    alls good in the groves! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438290415.352395.jpg

8. well its about time for an update! ive potted up my first plant, the one in the front in the previous picture, to a one gal with lots of perlite and some tomato fertilizer with a high nitrogen content, dont know the exact n-p-k off my head, but i did that one differently then my second seedling, the only one in the one gal pot in the previous picture, to experiment to see what works best.
    anywho here are some pics

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438785597.851107.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438785610.584744.jpg
    damn accidentally pressed reply ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438785651.033583.jpg :smokin:
    back to the past weeks activities; i found what looked to be some kind of mites crawling all around my soil and on the leaves of one plant so i diligently went out and sprayed with some neem and they seem to have gone away! quite a success for me considering i warded off my first encounter with pests, but i know thatll change soon probably... other than that though the ladies have been powering through it!
    With the exception of my third seedling, it
    seems to have died back for some reason but it looks like its coming back pretty strongly.

10. #70 BrassNwood, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    Orange..
    I like to start in a 3x3x3 inch square cup and I don't transplant until it's about 12 inches tall and well packed root zone that comes out intact with zero root disturbance.. A couple of reasons for this.. It's helps avoid the newbee tendency of overwatering.. Hell I still do it and after 4 years I should know better.. Roots need Oxygen and the cycling of dry and wet soil helps pull that down to the roots.. A small plant in a large container takes forever to dry out.. If your boosting-chemical ferts it works even better for rapid growth.. It's far better for the plant to dry out and wilt once a week then to stay waterlogged for that long.. If I need to water once a day to prevent wilting it's time to transplant.. Use small pots and lift to tell if it needs water.. Let one dry out to the point of wilting to tell just how light that really is..
    My next stage is a 5x5x7 pot and I'll grow in that till it's over 2 feet tall and ready to plant outside to flower..
    I like square pots as they seem to promote better branching as I don't find the coil of roots in the bottom like I've found so often in round containers..
    Just how I get things done.. BNW
    [​IMG]
    3x3 inch and the 5x5x7 inch pots.. At this point they go in the ground or 5 to 20 gal SIP planters on the patio
    2 months later I'll have this..
    [​IMG]

11. Thanks BNW! Your advice is really helpful. Im just getting a feeling for this so hopefully ill be able to dial in my garden to be similar to yours. Ill try to pick up those 3X3X3 cups next time i venture on over to my local nursery...
    Happy growing from the groves and stay safe out there blades ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439087596.671986.jpg

12. Well my ladies have been growing nicely and the gardens overall doing very nicely
    first up two sour d's ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439388081.514890.jpg for some reason the top one seems to be either getting nute burn or has some sort of mutations but it seems to be chugging along just as well, whereas the sour d on the bottom is exploding with growth and is throwing out 5 fingered fan leaves! stoked to say the least, planning on putting then in their final spot in a week or so..
    other than that heres a couple shots of my garden! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439388202.272591.jpg those are cowhorn and habanero peppers started from seed
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439388237.860283.jpg and these are my wildflowers wich i didnt really think id like but im very impressed with their colors and growth so all in all everythings going pretty well in the groves, keep tokin blades and stay safe ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439388320.217887.jpg

13. Well its been awhile since ive seen my ladies so i decided to head to the groves...
    heres a pic of the two ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439736715.451374.jpg
    the bottom, mutated one, grew about 2 inches and is growing more sativa dominant with the branches pretty spread out and kinda lanky. Whereas the top plant is growing much closer nodes. I FIMed the top plant also so it was kind of re couping from that so not as much growth. I watered today with some super-thrive solution in my hose water, gonna go to the hydro shop sometime soon to pick up some real deal nutes...
    Also my homemade wormcasting farm/compost bin, Im just gonna call it Red Wiggler Heaven, is already churning out tons of rich soil goodness! Ive been top dressing the veggies as a dry run and theyre absolutely loving it.. Maybe the ladies will get some next ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439737049.375040.jpg

14. Well turns out my ladies werent really ladies... I feel betrayed but eh thats what bagseed does to ya
    Should i just chop em or run them for edibles? Theres no way i would ruin someone else's grow as i assume its highly unlikey to be any cannabis plants around the groves

15. LST'd the mutated one, its really seeming to take off. It probably grew two or three inches in a two or three days
    And the other regular looking one is staying kind of smallish, maybe it didnt respond well the FIMing,

16. Looking good! Cant wait to see updates!

17. Well plants have really grown the past week but theyre both males so nothing really to interesting..., the mutated one still looks kind of mutated but is definently becoming the monster and rapidly becoming much larger then the other one

18. Two sour diesel seedlings are starting to show their stuff ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442853433.057454.jpg
    the top seedling seems to have some curling growth, im disturbed by this. I think the curling is due to bad genetics, as i had another plant do the same. It still grew stupid fast, hopefully this one is just as monstrous, the other is chugging along just as well

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1442853710.110761.jpg

also im ordering seeds from herbies soon, if theres any strains youd recommend for mold resistance, and beginner growing in general please share! this is all a huge learning experience and any input is a huge help

20. Here is my just harvested Blue Dream.. A standard staple in my stable of strains it's a good strain for all levels of ability with good mold resistance.. This one leans more to the sativa side but that's ok by me..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]