Orangeboys dream grove

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by orangeboy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Thank you so much, im going to go Lowes maybe in a day or so and see what I can find.
    should i just let the spiders spin their webs on the leaves then?

2.   My jumping spiders don't spin webs they use the silk like a bungee jump cord and just launch into the air.. What few spinners I find I try and relocate to nearby plants as some of what I spray is toxic to spiders Neem oil being one and spinosad being the other.. I don't get all carried away as I run to many plants to inspect that close..
      Lowes, Home depot or a garden center like Armstrong's should have a BT and a spinosad.. I get Bonide Thuricide as my BT and spray lowest mix ratio @ 1 tablespoon per gal apply weekly..
      My 2nd highest threat is Powdery Mildew.. Looking like white blotches or spots on your leafs I use Green Cure @ 1 tbsp. per gal once per week.. This I have to get at the local hydroponics store..
      One gallon sprayers are cheap so I just bought a sprayer for each product I use and marked them.. That way I don't ever have a cross contamination issue or wonder what was used last in the sprayer..
      Lower on my local list of pests are both spider mites and Thrips but to a lesser degree and that is usually controlled with Neem oil spray while in veg.. I've learned if I pay attention and Neem treat while in veg like I should I rarely have issues with Mites and Thrips later on while in flower..

3. All of the products I use are organic listed as OMRI for crop production.. Mostly what that means is while they work they have no long term persistence and need to be applied frequently to maintains protection..

4. Allright thanks alot man! since this has been my first grow, i really havent used pesticides but im definently going to need to on this next round of plants i just sprouted.
    Also what store bought soils would you recommend? I have miracle grow readily available but am hesitant to use it, i do however have a compost  bin that is making some pretty fertile soil, with tons of worm castings. Should i use only compost soil or dilute the mix in with native soil.

5. By the way the natural soil isnt that great, it loose and pretty sandy. I have amended it however with fertilizer from a friend not sure what it was but it looks like it did a pretty decent job for just one tiny plant.

6. Thank you so much, i have much to learn from you!
    What are you're suggestions for me to do come harvest time?

7. http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html/page-1

This is what my mix is loosely based on but to be honest it's not complete as it's missing a few ingredients.. It also started as several bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forest from my 1st grow but I keep adding stuff to it every time I replant so it's hard to say just what it's composed of now.. Peat moss, perlite, compost in about 1/3rds.. Add earth worm castings about 10th by volume.. Much more and it's muddy and to heavy a mix.. Being your first couple of grows you don't need to get all crazy on mixing soils.. EWC perlite your good compost and some of your native soil will get it done..

8. update on the lady
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428436160.861202.jpg
    how does she look? is the yellowing good or bad?

From the Orange grove of Eden

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428436884.962468.jpg
    birds eye view

10. The oldest major fan leafs fade is a normal enough sight on many strains as flower progresses.. She looks fine..

11. it looks super frosty allready too, im amped to say the least😎😎

12.   Have any of your next round of seeds sprouted yet?? You'll need to figure out some kind of additional lighting for them.. It's to late and to soon to start them unassisted.. To late in that they won't have time to finish and they'll reveg.. To soon for the same reasons but you can get a jump on summer if you add lighting one way or another.. The trick is not so much light that your flowering plant gets messed up but enough to keep the new plants in veg till about June first..
      Your new seedlings need 16 hours or more of light per day.. It doesn't matter much how it's done.. I veg inside a garden shed under Fluorescents at night and take them outside during the day as much as I can both because sun is better and it saves on power bill.. Others I've done with a solar powered light and just left in place.. Other options are a CFL on a cord over the plants but again you'll need to be careful of not lighting up your flowering plants..

[​IMG]

This provided enough to stay in veg without so much light as to screw with the flowering plants 20 feet away

13. yea only 2 of them are looking good all else didn't really make the cut
    only problem is I'm guerilla growing because I cannot have plants in my house due to family reason so additional lighting isn't really an option, but I do plan on trying to set up a room at a friends house or something
    I have a 6 bulb 4foot long T5 light ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428443290.480009.jpg

14. That's a great light you need to put it to work..

15. I know! problem is my family is very prominent in the town i live in, and if I do get caught i could jeopardize my entire family's integrity. so I am going to keep it outdoor/guerilla until either it becomes legal or i pack up and move to where it is. I'll probably end up in Colorado or SoCal in a few years anyways so im not trying to get to much of a set-up going

16. #36 BrassNwood, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    Ahhh family does complicate things a bit... LOL..
    I'll leave you with what's playing in my head at the moment.. Damn we had some great music in my generation..

https://youtu.be/CpOjQvADLG4 Bread - Guitar Man..

17. Checked the plot yesterday and the the one flowering plant seems to be doing great. Half of the bud even has been turning purple? This concerns me because it looks like it's caked in trichomes but it could be mold?
    I can't get a really good photo because of my phone is pretty old and my camera kinda sucks, I plan on getting a new one in the next month or so though
    The buds are starting to smell real good though, I like where the stench seems to be going. Classic deep with a strong hint of piney over powered by Lemon. Definently a pretty dank smell😎

18. Also screw Apple for blocking mmj cultivation on the city app for iPhone users out there.
    Switching myself over to an android soon, it's about time

19. About a third of my strains show some purple when grown in the off seasons and it's mostly a response to colder temps.. Some even turn all the way to black as they finish..

20. Honestly it kind of scared me because I thought it was mold, but my reassurance is a blanket of trichomes! The smell is amazing too, im blown away at how dank it smells; i can smell it just standing above it! Haven't really put all my effort in this grow, it was more of a first run before I plant more around end of May.
    My computer's taking a dump on me too, not connecting to wifi and etc. Im convinced that technology hates me. With that being said, updates will come when my friend fixes my computer which should be soon
    Keep toking as always and stay safe blades😎