Rapper Gives One Of The Greatest Speeches Ever.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Mar 29, 2015.

1. #21 landrace, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015

What's the point? It seems you have a personal problem with mr. technique. It's seems every aspect of him doesn't impress you at all. so who are you exactly and Why the fuck should we care? You do know we are not in a position to defend his perspective, just because we dig his music and to an extent his message, one aspect should not discredit everything, for if it worked like that well they're alot of hypocrisy all around we would have to discredit.  

Furthermore I don't know where you're from nor do I care, but here in america we have something called due process and the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" he will have his day in court. We don't convict people based on popular opinion. 

You have a gripe with mr. technique so be it join the list of many people that do, and we are in no position to argue on mr. techniques behalf I would advised being that you have some vested interest is to sit down and construct an email or letter your complaints to his record label viper records. 

We are just trading music of political music artists. 

/end of argument and waste of time please. 

Yo I dig that civil war, it's real dope. Love the quote too!

3. #23 garrison68, Apr 2, 2015
    I know that you and Mr. ImmortalTechnique do not believe in free speech for those that disagree with him but, fortunately, he does not own this website, nor do you.  If you don't want to hear criticism of this person's politics, and why he is a hypocrite, then don't come on here talking about how great he is, especially right after he was arrested for assault and is accused of threatening witnesses to the alleged attack.  There is a music section, and there you will be far less likely to run across opinions that are critical of anybody.  Otherwise, this is Politics, and everybody is entitled to their opinions.     

4. Revolutionary Rappers are awesome. Rhyme asylum is also nice best group in the UK. Rap like this can't be exposed to mainstream media. Kind of like Ron Paul, The best are underground only a couple good artists are mainstream. Lupe has two albums coming out including "The Cool 2" says they're better than Tetsuo & Youth.

5. #25 landrace, Apr 2, 2015

Lol You're funny.

I don't mind your criticism on the substance of his music or his message, but you're not; You are attempting to discredit him on an action he isn't even convicted of lol. How sad

The mere fact that I don't believe in freedom of speech when someone is making an argument of criticism is far from the truth, i would actually love to hear criticisms of his music that would be fair.

Like i stated before I'm in no position to defend mr. technique nor did I ever stated that I was a Fan. I dig his music and his message so don't make ass......umptions.

To insinuate I don't believe in the first amendment is a desperate attempt to discredit me after I call you out on your BS it's really amusing do go on.........

I don't think you understand the first amendment I never attempt to silence you; I encourage you to contact the person and have an active dialogue with that person instead of asking us to defend him I'm not his lawyer, I'm just some guy on the internet who digs his tunes. 

If perhaps you made the actual attempt to listen to his music and actually have a constructive criticism on his message than perhaps I or one of his fans will engage you in a spirited debate on those topics. 

Further more it's a political thread and it's political rap if you disagree with the political message or I should say the substantive of the message lets debate it but you're not doing that. 

But it's really annoying to see someone attempt to argue over something with another person and asking them to defend another person action and then call people names and make false claims. Then question his child hood like on secondary sources. When has it became a prerequisite to have bad childhood to be revolutionary or a rapper I remember El Che came from a well off family. I don't even know.....

But carry on.....

Lupe album is going to be dope for sure, he's a worthy political rapper I love his debate with bill o'reily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2nHqOt_c4

He handle it like a champ. 

7. You  have suggested to me to write to this man's record label if I disagree with him.  However, the point of this Politics forum is to provide a platform for different opinions.  This is not the music forum, and since politics seem to play a very important role in this man's music, it's OK to start discussions about him - but if you expect everybody to agree with you then you're going to be disappointed.  

I do not think that I called ImmortalTechnique any names, other than a hypocrite, but if I have, I'm sorry about that.  

Of the arrest and charges against him, I believe that the accusation of threatening witnesses is even more bothersome than the alleged beating and robbing of people outside his concert, who were allegedly selling merchandise without paying him a percentage.  

8. The following is from a 2012 interview with ImmortalTechnique, in the Guardian 
    Now, what exactly does Immortaltechniqe mean, when he says that less than 15% of people polled did not know that Bin Laden was employed by the United States?  There is no evidence whatsoever that the man known as bin laden was ever employed in any capacity, by the government of the United States, through any of it's agencies such as the CIA.  Bin laden himself vehemently denied being in the employ of the United States, in an interview published during the 1990's, well before 9/11, yet ImmortalTechnique says that he was employed by the United States.  Immortaltechnique has not offered any proof of this, in fact nobody who has ever made a similar claim about bin laden being employed by the United States, has ever been able to prove it.     

I actually agree with that violence does not beget violence, ............ You did in fact called him a thug. 

I also believe you insinuated and called into question my political beliefs on what grounds did you arise to that conclusion? that I'm against the first amendment when I never silence you and I even provided an alternative where you can debate with mr. technique or even can contact his lawyer.

I do believe I also warrant an apology considering I'm a staunch supporter of the first amendment and those claims made against me is baseless and rather on the grounds of a personal and mean spirited attack if i must say.

Given the circumstance I told you I or one of his friends would of debated you with the message of his music, not with his actions because it's a pending investigation I would not comment on any ongoing investigation. Furthermore he hasn't been convicted so technically he innocent until proven guilty.

As a staunch supporter of the constitution, he is innocent until proven guilty, so I would be speculating and wouldn't want to based an entire argument on one secondary article until I have all the facts or at least a better understanding of the case. 

But yes Like I said I will debate you on any premise in his music or his message considering this is a political thread and that is something tangible in which the evidence is prominent on both side. 

10. #30 landrace, Apr 2, 2015

From my understanding he is implying that people forget history and given that premise, they have forgotten the west arming the Mujahideen fight against the soviets. For many of the youths who follow his music they wouldn't have a memory because it was before their time. 

I do believe "employed is a bit of a stretch" but the overall premise is their considering the west support for operation cyclone. 

Given the rap world, and the ability to spit concepts into a rhyme of the beat I can understand the premise in which he was eluding. However Like i said it's debatable. 

Overall though I believe fact checking is important, but I would prefer to fact check the politicians which has more weight and can lead to conflicts that cost alot of lives rather than a rapper, but I do understand the need to bring anything to light. 

I believe it's in reference to the Mujahideen I believe operation cyclone. Which was supported and propagated by the US to fight the soviet. Bin Laden was in fact a staunch supporter with the Mujahideen. The connection is plausible and is debatable.

A really good person to check out is Michael Scheuer on this particular topic he is in fact the former head of the osama bin laden unit at the CIA. 

In this article http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/dec/30/uk-mujahideen-afghanistan-soviet-invasion

i believe 15 paragraph down:

"The west's arming of the mujahideen in Afghanistan has been seen as one of the contributing factors in the rise of al-Qaida. Osama bin Laden was a prominent Saudi financier of the mujahideen."

So like I said it's plausible given both the West and Osama had vested interest in Operation Cyclone. 

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/09/sleeping-with-the-devil-how-u-s-and-saudi-backing-of-al-qaeda-led-to-911.html

11. I have read just about everything on the subject of bin laden and the alleged connection to the CIA, at least everything that I could find. Mr. ImmortalTechnique states in no uncertain terms that he believes Bin Laden was employed by the United States, and the CIA, and seems to be very bothered by the poll that shows less than 15% of American people "know" this.  This is very likely because there is no evidence that bin laden was personally employed by America, trained by America, or in league with the CIA other than being against the Soviets in Afghanistan.    To say that he was indirectly working for America because he opposed the Soviets, and supported the rebellion with his army (one of many), is not the same thing as what ImmortalTechnique is claiming.  I will find the article, when I get a chance, where bin laden was questioned by a British journalist in the 1990's about being involed with the Americans, accepting aid, etc., and he vehemently denied ever being friends with America, or accepting aid.  

Funny you say people are entitled to there opinions but in the same statement you tell him not to come on here talking about what he wants. I think its you that have a hard time with his "entitled opinion".

13. #33 garrison68, Apr 2, 2015
    I suggested that if he does not want to hear opinions which aren't always in agreement with his, then politics is not the place for him and he'd be better off in a politically neutral area like the music forums.  You have not quoted me, I never told him not to come on here to share his opinions -  you just made up what you'd probably like readers to think I meant.    If people are going to whine because there are members who disagree with their favorite rap hero, politician, or philosophy,  and complain when there isn't 100% positive feedback about them., then perhaps they should not come here and save themselves some aggravation.  

Yes I can see the argument given no tangible evidence to provide. 

That a supposedly spy admitting to be in cahoots with the empire he is attempting to destroy to then agree he is not a spy for said empire, for sure. 

Like i said given both has vested interest and the Mujahideen were supplied weapons and military aid from the west. 

Perhaps Mr. Technique had different sources such as:

BBC article:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/155236.stm

"He received security training from the CIA itself, according to Middle Eastern analyst Hazhir Teimourian."

The insider has more sources: http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=0228

Thankfully that is not up to you.

16. For the record these are all untruths about me. That holds no merit. 

Here is what you said Mr. Forgetful.

"If you don't want to hear criticism of this person's politics, and why he is a hypocrite, then don't come on here talking about how great he is, especially right after he was arrested for assault and is accused of threatening witnesses to the alleged attack.  There is a music section, and there you will be far less likely to run across opinions that are critical of anybody.  Otherwise, this is Politics, and everybody is entitled to their opinions."

He stated a opinion...you told him "then don't come on here" then you say everyone is entitled to there opinions.

If he so desires he can come on here declaring that guy the new King....as you said everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Unless you live in North Korea or something.

18. There is absolutely no proof, or even solid evidence, in the articles you have linked, that bin laden was trained by the CIA, or even accepted direct help from the United States for his army.  I've been trying to find such proof for over 10 years, and have been unsuccessful.  If ImmortalTechnique wants to go around saying things that are not provable, then he has a right to do so, but it does not make him look very good.  In fact, it discredits his image and whatever mission he is on.  

19. #39 garrison68, Apr 2, 2015
    Hey, I'm not telling them to get lost, just to be more accepting of the fact that their opinions are not necessarily going to be agreed with by everybody.  

20. I'm not surprised people try to tear down Immortal Technique.

(Oh no, he got into fights when he was in college, whoopeedee doo).

His subversive lyrical content is bound to make enemies.