AK-49/Cotton Candy Re-veg Speed Devil #2 Auto

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by 100781, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Day 204 (82 of re-veg,) 76 for SDA#2.

SDA was harvested this morning! 76 days from seed and I'm very happy with how it turned out:

[​IMG]
    (the mason jar in the photo is for reference purposes only)

About 7 days of drying, plus 3 weeks of curing and she'll be ready to enjoy -- just in time for July 4th [​IMG] Expect an update with some photos and a final, dry, weight around then.

Both AK-49 and Cotton Candy, over the past several hours, have began to "relax" a bit and are now occupying the entire tent:

[​IMG]

Both plants, after being so cramped in the tent due to SDA's unexpected size, have quite a bit of dead foliage on them -- particularly on the sides closest to the tent walls. I'll be cleaning this up, along with working on safely decreasing the height of both plants until they are an appropriate size for the 2nd round of flowering.

I'm guessing that this will take 2-3 weeks, and I really look forward to seeing what happens. I built a scrog net out of 3/4'' PVC and nylon twine today, so that's all set and waiting to be used.

Expect another update in a week or so; in the meantime, be sure to check out all the photos from this grow, so far, in the gallery:

View attachment 6989

Until next time!

2. #22 100781, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
    Day 217 (05 of re-flower)

I was away most of last week and I'll be leaving town again tomorrow afternoon, returning on the 24th. Until I return, a good friend will be taking care of watering and feeding the plants, and will be sending me snapshots.

SDA has been dried and trimmed, and is now curing in a jar:

The final weight came out to approximately 3.86oz. I'm sure a small amount of weight will be lost as the cure continues, but it should be a negligible amount. Not bad!

I sampled a small amount last night -- the smoke was smooth with a sweet, heavy floral taste. Sweet Seeds describes the strain as having "flavors reminiscent of yeast and cheese," and I'm sure that'll be the case once its been left to cure for a while. A yeast-like aroma is definitely beginning to become more apparent each day, so we'll see how my current description compares to one in a few weeks.

Here are a couple of photos of SDA's roots post-harvest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are a couple of bud shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really happy that SDA turned out as well as it did, and I'm excited to get back to concentrating on AK-49 and Cotton Candy. I built a scrog net about a week and a half ago, chopped about 8'' off of the top of each plant, and managed to get nearly all of the existing vegetation under the net:

[​IMG]

There were a few cases where I had to get a bit creative:

[​IMG]

I even had to bend and contort some branches more than I expected, which was a bit nerve-wracking at times:

[​IMG]

Got the job done, though, and both AK-49 and Cotton Candy are doing well:

[​IMG]

The light schedule in the tent has been flipped to 12/12, and I'm going to exclude red light for the first 2 weeks to help reduce stretch a bit:

[​IMG]

Once I'm back in town, I'll be concentrating on doing some cleanup underneath the net and will trim away any branches that aren't receiving enough light. Almost all of the old flowering growth is gone, and I'll likely trim away the last bits at the same time. Here's a shot of some calyxes from the first round of flowering that are now long-dried:

[​IMG]

As brittle as they appear to be, these calyxes are still very much attached to the plant. If they fall off by brushing against them after the 24th, I'll remove them. If not, they'll stay so as not to risk causing any unnecessary harm.

Until next time!

3. Hi
    Your journals look amazing man, well done.
    I love your updates and most say im really impressed with you growing style.
    Im subeed for whats left and im sorry i couldnt like more of your post this site ownt let me.
    You shoudl check out mine when you get the chance.

4. Thanks, [member='AFN-Grim']! I checked out your journal, and its looking great. I'm looking forward to your next update!

Day 233 (21 of re-flower)

[​IMG]

I got back to town a few days ago, and today was the first time I had the opportunity to take a good look at AK-49 and Cotton Candy. Overall, they are looking good! AK-49 is pacing a bit slower than Cotton Candy, but that was the case during the first time they were flipped to 12/12.

[​IMG]

They'll get a normal feeding tomorrow, so I added 16mL of Snow Storm Ultra to each reservoir while topping them off earlier today. They'll receive some Sensizym later in the week to help keep the roots in good shape.

[​IMG]

I'm a bit nervous about not having enough vertical space in the tent, but considering that they plants are already 3 weeks in to flower, I think things will be OK. We'll see over the next week or so, and worst case I'll just start bending branches.