Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My parents are coming by and the bongs are out in the open, will they freak out?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Ganglajanger, Mar 29, 2015.

1. I would keep them out of sight while they're there.

2. Just shake you head and let your parents think what they want.  At this stage in life you can do what you want.  You said it's all legal so her only arguments are health concerns.

If she doesn't want to educate herself and make a valid argument then you don't have any reason to respond. You aren't going to their house making absurd judgements about their alcohol.  Just keep a level head about it.  They're your parents so you have to show some respect.  Not everyone grows up to adhere to all their parents moral codes.

3. #23 Ganglajanger, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015

Dude they will try and throw me in rehab, they have the money to do it and they will try it. At least I try and show some respect. 

4. #24 Storm Crow, Mar 30, 2015
    Couple of possibilities if things get unpleasant-

"Mom, if there was something simple that I could do that would greatly decrease my odds of dying from a head trauma, would you want me to do it?" Says you all innocent-like. [​IMG] Then after she says yes-

From “How MEDlCAL MARlJUANA'S Chemicals May Protect Cells” (Scientific American- Vol 312, Issue 2- Jan 2015)   “trauma surgeon David Plurad and his colleagues did a retrospective review of 446 traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases treated at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center from January 2010 through December 2012. Their study, reported in the journal American Surgeon, found that 82 of those patients tested positive for THC and two of them died, for a mortality rate of 2.4 percent. The mortality rate among the 364 patients who did not have THC in their system was 11.5 percent, nearly five times higher. After taking into account other factors, such as age, severity of injury and blood alcohol level, the researchers concluded that the link between THC and a lower death rate in these patients stood up.”[​IMG]

Do your parents worry about Alzheimer's as they get older?  [​IMG]

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” From “Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's” WebMD.  

There is a lot more to cannabis than just the "high"!  [​IMG]   

Granny

5. dont you have the right not to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #26 Ganglajanger, Mar 30, 2015

haha yeah

7. Well said, granny.

8. #28 dankness420, Mar 30, 2015
    Not like they can really do anything, your 100% legal.  But out of respect how hard is it to put a bong or even 10 out of site?  I guess if your roommates are stoners(in a good way) its easier said then done. 

9. Tell them tp fuck off if they say anything. They will come around

10. #30 Ganglajanger, Mar 30, 2015

I hate their view on it and all they go on about is the negative affects and looks at weed like heroine. They say Im going to be homeless on the street if I keep smoking. I think that is offensive and a rude thing to say. She keeps trying to use scare tactics to get me to stop smoking.

She says the positives don't balance the negative affects and literally thinks weed is as bad as heroin and sees my house like a heroin den.

11. It sounds like her opinions aren't gonna change anytime soon man. Just gotta live and let live. You're over 18, so everything you're doing is legal and your parents can't make you do anything. I'd just forget about them, go worry about bigger more important things.

12. If you want to change her view, don't beat her over the head with it.  Treat it kind of like alcohol, don't leave bongs around the house.  Have a place for them and bring em out when you want to tuse them and put them back when you're done.  You can only lead by example.

13. If they have such massive issues with your cannabis use, just tell them to fuck off and not come to your house then. I'd be really pissed if my parents came to my house basically to just bitch about me smoking. Fuck them.

15. Lol! Bad excuse.. This world would suck ass (even more) if you could pay to send someone to rehab on the spot lol. Unless your under there roof under 18, you aint gotta do sheiiii.

Try to clean up just real quick man, nothing serious.. If she has a problem with you explaining ypur end then thats on her she has to deal with it. You do you.

16. #36 Ganglajanger, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015

They pulled all my college money for classes and are forcing me to drop out of school...... It pisses me off because classes started and I can't get a loan. I can pay for the classes but I quit my last job because they weren't paying me. So I am unemployed at the moment so I would be struggling all quarter to pay for food and stuff. 

Next quarter I can pay for my classes easily.

She says I am going no where in life.....

this is what happens when I offer to pay for my classes.... Im about to get a job at a friends shop in a couple weeks but that is a for sure thing.

17. #37 vghxvgh, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    hopefully those O's are stored away cause to your parents, seeing that much product equals you possibly being a dealer especially with you parents view of herb, but if its just bongs out, just say its the other roommates property [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Shit man that's terrible...I was in a similar boat, worried that my mom would hold tuition over my head to control me, but luckily she's smart enough to know pretty much whatever I do she'd rather me have an education then fuck that up too and our relationship.

Sticky situation man idk. Maybe try and show her that at least at a minimum, paying for college will help you sooo much. I can't believe anyone would not pay for college over weed. Actually I can and I know people that would and that's the worst part...lol

19. They're worried you'll go nowhere in life so their solution is to yank your education. That's some of the dumbest parenting I've heard of in a while. Well your mom just became more harmful than your habit.

Congratulations Mom!![​IMG]

20. You've some crazy parents op, how can they possibly think that they are doing the right thing.