Please help. Is it too late to increase my yield?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grass boy, Mar 29, 2015.

1. #1 Grass boy, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Please please please help. First time grower. I growing two plant, the stronger plant turn out to be male. Very disappointed already:( but luckily the other one turn out to be female. unfortunately this female look weak and have little leaves because it just recover from severe root damages. Is it too late now to increase yield now?? As all the female pistil already come out.

Attached Files:

2. what kind of lights? grow medium? nutrients? is it still in veg stage?

3. At this moment I only using 75 Walt of cfl. I have oreder a 300w led light plus side light arriving tomorrow. Shipment was more than 1 month late because the website I ordered from was bad. Growing in soil and just started to use hydro gro for nutritient. I not sure if it still consider veg stage because the pistil is already out. But I still using 16 hours of light.

4. it's natural for the
    pistils to be showing, it's the preflower but she won't start flowering until you change the light schedule to 12/12.

You need that extra light. You can veg more when it gets delivered before you start flowering to increase your yield.

If you don't have a lot of vertical space look into plant training, you can bend the plant over and tie it down so it won't grow as high.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cool! Means that I still can try to increase the yield ;) thank you.... If I clone from this plant will it be also bad?

6. It looks too small to clone now. Maybe after you get some more light on it you'll get some side branching and can clone that. I don't do my own cloning yet though so I'm not sure.

Hopefully someone else pops in with more advice, good luck

• Like Like x 1
  7. thank mate for the advice. Hopefully someone can advise on the cloning part.

8. Yeah you can definitely take a couple of clones but I'd wait until growth speeds up a bit after you get your LED light. Fast growing cuts make faster rooting clones.

16 hours of light is an unusually low amount of hours. You are better off with 18 or more. I veg my plants on 24/0. 

The pistils you see are from the plant pre-flowering, it doesn't mean it's flowering so don't worry.

It will be worth topping and also LST. It's a good idea to train the plant to spread out and fill the area to make use of all the light 

• Like Like x 3
  9. wow that is fantastic bit of information. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was afraid op was only gonna get advice from a scrub like me, good thing GG showed up :p

I'm under the impression a few hours of dark in the light cycle promotes root growth.

Do you do 24 because hydro is different or do you just prefer to give them maximum light?

11. #11 GoldGrower, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015

Growth slows and eventually stops when their energy source (the light) is removed. So I prefer having my plants grow at full speed all the time. They love having energy available all of the time.

Roots are best kept in the dark, they should be kept in the dark all of the time. Light above the soil line, and dark below the soil line

• Like Like x 2