90w led?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by supervitalog, Mar 29, 2015.

1. New to growing. A friend hooked me up with his old set up. An armoire set up with about 4ft head room to grow in. Completely covered in Mylar. I was wondering if the 90w ufo led would be enough for 2 plants to thrive properly. Also, I'm using ffof and ff dirty dozen nutes. I get the babies in a couple days and just wanted to get more feed back of this set up. All help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427612550.622824.jpg here is the set up

3. #3 Grass boy, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    I am using 75 cfl growing two plant. Potting soil and hydro gro solution. It seem that the plant doesn't look promising, not sure if it is because it just re cover from root damage while transplant or because light is not enough. I think you may need more light. More light is alway better

4. Thanks man. I was thinking I should put a couple cfls in mix. Maybe 2 should be fine right?

5. From the looks there is not vent fans you need air circulation especially in a grow like that you can make that led and two cfls work but you need the air to be moving is there vents and fans in the back ?

6. I did add a small fan in it. Today I'll be in the process if adding another fan to blow the air out through the top back. I'm just having issues mounting it since the back of the cabinet is particle board so it doesn't hold much weight :/ I tried cutting a hole on the side but it was a complete fail with the saw zall. Should I make another hole toward the bottom backside for air to come in?

7. Cfls don't have very much penetration, so you want them within a couple inches, it's a pain because you have to make sure your plant doesn't grow into the light, but ya you want them closer than the LED. Put the LED in the middle and a cfl or two on each side and you will be good. I've used the 100w equivalent which are 23 true watts. Then get he 6500k (daytime) ones for veg and 2700k (warm light) for flower. They are cheap, but effective. Your best bet is get a 2nd LED, but we all understand budget restrictions.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

8. Ok thanks, I'll add the cfls. I have two sockets that I got from Home Depot for like a couple bucks. Just need to get the extension cords to hang them down. And yes, budget is a big restriction at the moment. Besides getting the set up for free, I've invested a bit more than expected with the necessary pots, soil, ff dirty dozen nutes, ph meter, fans, thermometer, etc... I'm hoping adding the cfls is the last thing I have left to do besides making holes in the back for ventilation. -_- any other suggestions you might have for this noob? Lol

9. #11 killset, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    What are you doing for fresh air intake and exhaust? Passive intake? Inline fan? What about a filter if you need 1?

10. I have a little desk fan for circulation and one of those PC fans that I'm gonna hook up to blow out. Hopefully it works. As for carbon filter, I'm not too worried about the smell. Do you think those two would work fine?