First Time Grower...White Widow...help Please

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Janee27, Mar 29, 2015.

1. How difficult is it to really make DIY Lights any instructions. I'm handy at soldering and electronics

2. Btw your WW looks better than mine. The free seed that I got sucked like the last one I got it didn't even germinate lol

3. I also have 8 Ice Wreck seeds but I made two clones (way more then I have space for now so I'm making a second grow of white widow, I might just make feminized seeds and keep extra seeds

4. Any info about the leaves and the holes on them?

5. Wow that's way out of my budget lol. I see the rw150 Area 51 led seem reasonable. I was hoping no more then maybe 500$-700$ for lights lol. I guess this is all working progress

6. The only soldering would be for the fans to the ac to dc 12v adapter just click on my signature better yet click here http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/1362150-diy-led-realstyles-step-step.html I even know where to get the good cobs cheap. I learned how to make them on rollitup not to many people make them on here.

7. For what you need $700-780 ish but will have monster yields with the right strains and please don't crowd big plants and know the strain. I'm trying new strains and I've found the few I'm gonna grow and the others will be the ones I clones and sell. I have Thin Mint cookies which I'm gonna grow mostly just look at this

View attachment 1786943
    View attachment 1788816

8. Wow that is amazing. How hard was it to make these? How long did it take and what was the total cost? What were the cost of the MAIN things? I will definitely look into doing this

Was it worth it? I'm guessing it was lol

9. Not that hard, just have to do some reading and asking questions. 1 day at 1st because I didn't have a plan lol. I just winged it the first time. Don't get me wrong I knew what drivers and led cobs to use as well as the heat sink and fan. I'll tell you where I got everything and the main guy I learned from his name is SUPRASPL google him he's my hero lol.

10. Thanks man let me know what to get. What was the total watts etc in the finished product? What would u compare it to as a retail led

11. Hey guys haven't updated in a while, but here she is 4th wk of flowering, 2nd week in Mid bloom,

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434537813.776024.jpg

Changed her nutes 2 days ago started to notice very little tips of the leaves turning a tab bit yellow so I lowered her nutes (ppm meter I have sucks balls)
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434537827.111475.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434537836.929474.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434537851.700374.jpg

I'm buying the cm-100 tomorrow on eBay should arrive soon. This one isn't accurate enough smh

12. Hey guys I could use some help...
    Today I did a close inspection of the leaves and noticed something strange. Maybe it's just me but the leaves are starting to do something strange I haven't seen before...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434705576.470721.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434705622.441046.jpg
    Second pic shows a little better
    Humidity went a little high today (74%%) weather got really hot down here (only a few hrs)
    Don't see any mildew growing or anything
    A lot of the leaves are starting to turn yellow?
    It's not nutrient burn I don't think, I lowered Ppm down by 100 just to be sure ( down to 500)

Oh was a little high the last couple of days (6.4-6.5) been trying to lower it slowly, seems to keep rising.
    Seems like she was getting Nute burn on the tips of a lot of the leaves so I lowered her yesterday to 600

13. I think it's the ph fluctuation how fast should I be lowering the ph? I put about 1ml ph down/5gals of water Lowers the ph by about .1

14. It's hard to tell how much actual ph up or down you'll need since it all various on nute strength your base water your using, the higher your ppm the more you will have to add tho. Mine fluctuate a lot especially come flower when they are sucking up those nutes. This is what I do for example I went to room this morning ph was at 4.8 and ppm's were around 1200 I took my solution of zone, silica and add.27 and I topped off my tank with that then I check again. Ok ph is at 5 and ppm's around 1000, so I too off on a couple nutes bring her back to my range of 1150-1200 and double check ph since my ppm's are good now I adjust ph. Let's say it reads five I know they keep going down so I'm going to raise the ph to the higher end of the preferred zone at 5.8-5.9 depending on how much she drops in a day. I know you are opposite so you would bring her down to 5.5 and let her drift up. When I ph also I am usually using around 5-7 Mils depending on nute strength, I add all stir very well wait a min check and repeat accordingly. After you get used to it you'll kind of know how much you'll need to add at what times, all part of the learning curve

15. Also your leaves look like they started to react to your ph issues as long as you correct it and no longer have those issues you will no longer see that in other leaves but those leaves may always look like that so be conscious of other leaves.

16. This could al be happening because the second ppm meter I bought is a crazy ass one smh. The third one (and hopefully last one) (com-100) is coming in today

17. Hey guys just a quick update on my precious lol ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435306542.598757.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435306562.667624.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435306601.105358.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435306630.493040.jpg

She seems to be adjusting Fairly well.
    Is it normal to have leaves starting to turn yellow here and there? I always see that in other pols grow late in flowering (I'm at 1st week of late flower)

And are the bud sizes right? Weird question but I guess I was just hoping for a bigger yield (I know my light isn't great (300w led) but still)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435306779.829429.jpg

18. Hey guys guess what I got today ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436266669.205997.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436266680.250339.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436266689.721293.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436266699.220532.jpg

19. What do u guys think about when I should start harvest

20. Anybody still following?