First Time Grower...White Widow...help Please

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Janee27, Mar 29, 2015.

1. #81 Janee27, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    Yea I saw that but that's for any strain in wondering for white widow specifically

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #82 jras2218, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    Since there are different variations of WW I doubt you'll find someone who runs your exact genotype that has experimented with specific ph ranges and results,'not dying someone hasn't just saying probably lil hard to find. What I've noticed through years of growing both soil and hydro and many different strains all cannabis likes the same ph range and it comes down to simple biology a plant can uptake certain nutrients at certain ph's and the species is what determines what that plants likes best. The only thing I've noticed with plants are the strength at which you apply the nutrients, some like more my WW for example runs on lower ppm's than the other strains in my garden and that is something it continues to do after multiple grows. If you end up noticing something with your ph don't hesitate to post it curious on what you see..

JRAS

3. Great info thanks. So I should experiment on different ranges? I saw somewhere that at 5.8 has the most absorption or nutrients
    Yea it misses a couple nutrients but at 5.8 seems to get the most

How do I experiment. Should I leave it at a certain oh for a week or a few days (what time frame?)

Also what types of changes should I be looking for?

I'm sorry for all the questions I'm trying to learn as much as possible but a lot of articles for example say different things at times

4. If you were try and set up a steady experiment you probably would want keep it at a set ph throughout whole life cycle and note growth rate nutrient absorption rate. Then repeat with different ph's, if I were you I would go off of what gh says being they've run these kinds of experiments already in controlled environments that's why they tell you 5.5-6.2 or whatever it was. Being certain nutrients uptake differently at different ph's is why I let it drift. For example in veg my ph tends to go up so I start at 5.5 usually will drift higher than 6 then I bring it back down this is all in a days time, then for flower it's pretty steady till the mid to end of flower then it starts to drift down so I'll raise to 5.8 and let her drift down, if she's drinking heavy ph usually drops to 5.3 in 12hr time span then I bring her back up to 5.8.

JRAS

5. Ok hats what I thought. I figured hat was just for any strain. I was trying to get specific with the WW
    She's always stayed within that range. I mean it's really easy lol

6. Hey guys she's growing BEAUTIFULLY she's about 6" tall now VERY VERY bushy but I've noticed some things on the leaves I took some pics under natural lights (LEDs tend to make them pinkish)
    Anybody know the causes. It's only a couple leaves and also noticed the top are having a little yellowing at the tips. And the all the leaves colors are a dark green just wondering if it's all normal ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430379029.372813.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430379045.075311.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430379059.259823.jpg

7. Looking good girl I see you got the PH issue in check hit me up if you need any more help and stay tuned I'll be posting another youtube video on Monday of my white power led grow starting week 2

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430673050.862415.jpg
    It seemed to have gotten worse I change the water yesterday hopefully she shows some improvement...anything I could do?

9. Are you using any magnesium

10. This is what I'm using week 3. She's looking worst and worst I'm not sure what to do please help ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430693252.525841.jpg

11. I don't like GH nutes for this reason. You'll have to reduce the dosage and add some Epsom salt 1 tsp per gallon. The plant is showing Magnesium issues

12. Should I just add the Epsom salt now? I literally just changed the water a couple days ago

13. Well I just added some Epsom salt it's about a 2 gallon res so 2 tsp hopefully she'll get better

14. Hey I have a question should I just snip those tips away? I've read that it'll spread to the rest of the leaf so I don't know if that means I should snip them ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430725719.132403.jpg

15. #95 jras2218, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    That's pretty dramatic for a few days cal mag deficiency doesn't happen over night, what did you do from the time you noticed the spot and then bam big change? Did you give a fresh batch of nutes, that's what it's looking like that or your light is too close, but something has burned your girl. I know you were going off a feeding chart did you adhere to it specifically or did you give less considering it was a smaller plant? Also it's been noted that led grows tend to use less nutrients as the plants seem to be a little more efficient. Think about what happened and correct accordingly if you have hot batch of nutes and you start tossing in salt and who knows what else your just going to hurt any progress you were making. As far as tip cutting ...,this is a little bit more of a cosmetic issue than anything else, it won't "spread" unless you are continuing to have a problem. Remember always research any advise given you are the one in front of your plant and know what you have been doing to your girl like if you tried something silly and are to afraid to post it, this will also help educate you along the process...knowledge is power. When in doubt clean it out, if your afraid nutes are to strong or whatever issue get her in some fresh water for a day or two then go light on the nutrients and bring her back gently. Good luck happy growing

JRAS

16. According to the feeding schedule it says that amount/gallon I have a little over 2 gallons (about 2.3 gals) and I think before this started I changed the res to match the feeding
    I think that may have been the trigger. That's the only thing different that has been done

Today I changed the res again to the equivalent of 1 gal feeding(I have noticed slight improvement since I've added the salt) ( no salt was added to the new batch)

I do however need to change to flowering soon (due to height restraint, she's about 8" now height wise she can't go further then 16")
    How soon should I wait? Until she starts improving again?
    I'm guessing forcing her to change now would hurt my buds

17. I would give her a week to recover then if you wanted to induce flowering she probably will do fine just remember go light on the nutes. This is the bummer with growing if something negative happens it takes some time to recover, basically just prolongs your grow a little. Keep her at the ppms you have and check tmrw did they go up or down, this is how you dial in what strength nutrients she needs and will help prevent burn in the future. If you ppms go down that means she drank more nutes than water and you can increase accordingly and vise versa. You didn't kill her and I've seen a lot worse it should end up turning out ok for you.

JRAS

18. Just thought this was a little ingenious
    Made my WW clones today And used my old CFL lighting hung from the shower curtain rod (Clones inside of dome) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431240203.677664.jpg

19. I did that she's looking great
    Thanks a lot!!!
    I can't wait to start flowering!
    Everybody in here I really appreciate all the help u have given me throughout the growth ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431240510.766161.jpg

20. #100 Janee27, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    Anybody know why the PH keeps dropping? Does she need more nutes?
    My last nutes had half strength. Is she trying to say she needs more? Or the opposite