First Time Grower...White Widow...help Please

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Janee27, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Please don't flower yet, let this light work for at least 2-3 weeks depending on growth rate. 2-3 weeks will more than double what you would get out of it now, that means for the next few weeks do plant training then go ahead and do the switch, and I wouldn't do any plant training after 2 weeks in flower. Things you should look into would be lst tie down method, or super cropping scrog's are beautiful but don't know if you have enough space for that. Hope this leads you in the right direction.

JRAS

2. I meant about a week or so depending on growth rate but I'll hold out for a couple more weeks

One question when should I start cloning?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I found some old pics of my UCDWC growing for the dispensary

DSC00014.JPG DSC00030.JPG DSC00035.JPG DSC00036.JPG DSC00037.JPG DSC00044.JPG

4 blue dreams 4lbs 2 1k hps

4. Your going to take clones once your side branches get bigger and the budsites off that branch get big enough to clone that way you don't take a main branch and take multiple in case of failure. Typically I clone right before I flower being my plant is where I want it to be by then. Right now at your stage of growth is perfect time to super crop it will make your lower branches beef up and get longer. What you do is right below your top your going to punch your stem till you feel it fracture if it's big enough to rotate 90 degrees and do again you want to if not just fracture the once gently bend over if to fragile don't worry about the bend as the fracture will be enough for the plant to send auxins to other branches.

JRAS

5. I've seen several methods, I was thinking about topping method. Any experience?

6. Hahah pinch the stem not punch haha damn fingers.

JRAS

7. Don't top...please, you take away bud sites. Super cropping gives you the same results without loosing any bud sites in turn will give you more big buds and a higher yield. The only bud sites you should cut off are the ones that are on the bottom and get no light, essentially this is where I take my clones from.

JRAS

8. Makes a lot of sense thanks for the info. Will definitely do this

9. Hey guys as u know I just changed to LEDs yesterday
    Today she has grown ALOT but also started having drooping leaves
    Temperature inside has gone down a few Degrees since changing from CFLs to LEDs

Also I should mention I do spray it a few times a day with Regular PHd water (5.8) (because of high temps while at CFLs)

I'm assuming the drooping leaves are a result of overwatering?
    Specially since the heat in the box has gone down a few ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429736556.717256.jpg

10. Raise the PH to 6.0 I had that happen to me when I was using the Current Culture UCDWC

DSC00038.JPG

11. She's growing B E A UTIFUL now,
    Ever since I switched to LEDs
    She also been drinking ALOT of water. I see why this res wouldn't hold more then a few plants

I stopped spraying it with water and the droopiness went away
    The first picture is from yesterday. And the second is just seconds ago.

I noticed the top leaves are getting big and bushy. But the bottom ones aren't. I've been trying to supercrop them as suggested also specially to try to get the lower leaves more light. If it doesn't work too well I'll probably just use them for clones ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429902842.919156.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429902889.610309.jpg

12. The plant is too small for supercropping give it a little time before the you start doing that.

13. That's what I figured also

15. Hey quick question what is the optimal ph for the white widow. I've been keeping it at 5.8-6 I've read some go from 5.8 to 6 and to 6.2 during flowering

16. For my widow i do a 6.2 ph through out the whole grow. Works perfect for me.

Veg at 6.2
    1430071161518.jpg

Flower at 6.2
    1430071126072.jpg

17. It's actually the opposite 6-6.2 veg and bloom 6-5.8

18. I have the WW from greenhouse seeds, and am using Dutch Master gold nutrients. This is their manufacturers recommendations. I followed this by putting at 5.65 and would let it drift between 5.5-5.8, and I seemed to have excellent results with no deficiencies or toxicities. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430080553.664588.jpg

JRAS

19. #79 Janee27, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    I'm using General Hydroponics Nutes
    I just raised it to 6.2 let's see what happens

20. From gh website, you should let it drift between these ranges so you get full absorption on all your nutrients.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430085376.133738.jpg

JRAS