First Time Grower...White Widow...help Please

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Janee27, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Oh, yeah that'd be alright.
    Judging from the pictures, I thought your res was larger.
    You don't want a smaller res. That one is hardly enough to sustain one plant, let alone 8.

2. So u think I should get a Deeper one?
    I just built this grow box from scratch lol a lot of work went into it don't want to have to start from scratch for more plants. Maybe don't need 8 per say but a few would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I would, but I'm not a box/micro grower.
    That setup would only be good to me if I put rooted clones in it, and almost immediately flipped em to flower.
    However big you want the above ground part of your plant to be, you better provide damned near that same amount of root room.

4. #26 Janee27, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    I was thinking of doing that, I'm not planning on having the plants getting 6ft high or anything
    My setup is only about 3ft high
    I think that if I put one on each corner there should be enough room for the roots, I'll see how one plant goes first

5. I wish I sent pictures earlier for comparison but here's a short update
    Plants looking healthier (IMO) a few shots ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428031726.415764.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428031743.467048.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428031789.190355.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428031816.093772.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428031873.269604.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428031969.047082.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428031991.196257.jpg

6. Water is at a cool 66 ph is 5.8 ppm is 500 humidity 58 Temp 80

7. Hey noticed this today any help on what it could be? At the tip its a little yellowing? I adjusted the lights and put it up a few cms maybe that could help? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428089910.431763.jpg

8. ppm's are a tad high. Pry slight nute burn.
    Likely it'll grow past that, but you could knock the ppm's down to around 300 - 350 to prevent it.

9. I lowered it to 380 let's see what happens

10. I just woke up and noticed these burn marks on my plant can someone help! Please ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428424565.802950.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428424577.054591.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428424594.223115.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428424611.191400.jpg

11. Did that leaf have something dripped on it that's pretty circular and smack in the middle like liquid would pool up there, dunno otherwise you have some nutrient burn which looks like on other leaves shows a little take half your nutes out and replenish with st8 water and then ph and check ppm

G

12. What he said, and you've got some pretty bad humidity swings. Your temperatures are getting a little warm too.

13. Get your temps under control, so your plant's not transpiring so much water.
    Your ppms are pry raising on you.

14. Thanks. For all the info guys, what it actually was I sprayed it with water but accidentally with the reservoir water instead of regular water (I think I was high lol). So it is a little nutrient burn. My question now is, what should I do with the leaves? Just let it go or snip the burns

I will send pics tonight the plant leaves look bad (the burns) however she's healthy otherwise

15. Hey guys when I was changing my frozen water bottle i noticed these things in the water ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428546872.037099.jpg

16. Here's the pic for the first question. Should I just wait it out? Or snip them out now. I know it looks bad but everything otherwise seems good ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428546937.703321.jpg

17. Sometimes less is better, by that I mean the less you do to the plant. Don't worry about foliar for now don't be going around snipping leaves cause they have some spots on them, until they fall off or a gently tug and the leaf comes right off with no resistance leave them on. They are still good and working for you. Think of it like a solar panel just because you have a spot on it doesn't mean that the rest of the panel won't work and should be removed, those big leaves are doing a lot for photosynthesis rights now.

18. Ok no problem, I appreciate the help!