First Time Grower...White Widow...help Please

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Janee27, Mar 29, 2015.

1. hello all I am a new first time grower and was wondering if i could get some help...can anyone tell me if my plant is suppose to look like that? (see photo below) Please anything would help. I just want to make sure I am on the right track. IMG_5149.JPG IMG_5150.JPG

Day 11
    PH: 5.7
    PPM:357
    Humidity:47.0%
    Air Temp:77 degrees
    Water temp:64 degrees

2. What kind of light how far away and yes it looks good, it has couple set of leaves and stacked very close together...that's what you want.

G

3. I'd suggest your Nutes ppm may be a little high for a plant that young. I'm growing whIte widow along with other strains and have found less is better with this strain. I'd cut ur nute strength in half at this stage

4. #4 jras2218, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Normally I would agree with you as one of the strains in my garden is WW as well and tends to like the lower ppm's especially during flower but my one baby is near the same size of his just another node bigger is right around the same ppm and thriving and his isn't show any signs of burn...yet lol. Keep a eye on it and see how she does and I deff wouldn't go above those ppms till she's 6" tall. I'm not calling you out either just offering personal experience and observation is all.

G

5. If it were me id toss that ring you have over the net pot.

I get mold when I cover that part.

6. 4 65k and 1 27k both cfl
    Is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Thanks for that I removed it. It seems to be growing steady just keeping an eye out...any one have any suggestions on keeping the water cool? I've been using water bottles for now

8. My box is a little smaller maybe around 3ft

9. hey this is my grow log ive been keeping since sprouting, im following General Hydroponics Feeding schedule (capture 2 image)
    yesterday i just did the 1st week of early grow (week2) ppm is in the lower 500s

Ive been having a little issue with air temp, any tips on keeping air temp low? btw i have SOLER & PALAU TD-100 Mixed Flow Duct Fan with (outside of box) for exhaust attached with a custom carbon filter and a Noctua 80mm fan for intake also have Vicks Humidifier on the outside of the box for humidity, which has been keeping humidity on check, however, temps always get really high (upper/mid 80s)
    any advice is very helpful

Attached Files:

10. I can't give you too much advice on your lighting, I only use a 150 cfl for early stages of growth, and the light I have seems to be good for 1 plant until it about 1' tall then after that they would stretch and have fragile stems. So I bump them up a 250 hps but I have multiple and once 250 isn't enough light they get the 600 untill they go into flowering. I understand some lights can be expensive but keep in mind 600w is most efficient as far as consumption to output and led's are nice to keep the heat down but a little more pricey for a descent unit that will have good results. So this brings us to your heat issue one thing I noticed is your air pumps are in the same room, if you could put those on the outside of your grow area where the intake can take in cooler air it may help lower your temps some, and think about removing the carbon filter for the time being as where there should be little to no smell at this time and you can increase the efficiency of your exhaust and circulate more fresh air which may help as well. To be clear too your exhaust vented from the top of your grow area correct?

G

11. Are you doing dwc? Looks like it and that nutrient schedule you posted is for drain to waste, meaning your generally going to want to run on the lighter side. You may be ok but just in case remember always start off light and you can always add slowly. Pay attention to what the plant tells you and if she's drinking more water than nutrients or vise versa you'll need to adjust accordingly.

G

12. You mean the water pump, yea it's inside, figured that wouldn't make much of a difference...
    Yes exhaust is at the top, the TD 100 exhaust fan is on the outside
    I removed the filter and temps are a little better
    I also think I over packed it

13. You have a water pump in there? What for? I was referring to your Aqua culture air pump I see hanging next to your timer, if your air pump is in the tent with 80 degree temps it's pumping hotter than 80 degree air into your res there is always a little added heat due to compression and resistance. If you take the air pump and just place on the outside of your tent the air should be cooler also reducing temps in your res as well.

G

14. Lol I meant the pump for the water. Which is the air pump lol I'll do that to tonight hopefully that helps some

I did remove the carbon filter which made a nice change in temp

15. Yea carbon filters really restrict the airflow but that's what's needed to get rid of that stank haha, and it's not like you going to see a 10 degree drop but taking that pump reduces heat in the tent and reduces temp of air into your buckets which you should see a couple degree change, but sometimes a little is all you need .

G

16. Hey guys just noticed last night before I went to bed I'm drying to have a little root rot (slimmy brown stuff on root) and a couple leaves looking a little droopy I will send pics shortly

17. I have a pump in already I think my mistake was leaving some empty grow pods uncovered (figured I try one plant before growing more and wasting seeds) which made light get in and heat up water causing algea
    I'm in the middle right now of changing the reservoir water now and giving everything a good scrub down

18. 'None Taken, i could use all the help i could get
    my reservoir is only 2 gallons, actually just under 2 gallons, about 2.96 (16lbs and change, converted to gallons)
    have any recommendations for a smaller reservoir?