Most mindblowing abstract concept/idea youve ever thought?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AbstractMinds, Mar 29, 2015.

1. My life is like a dvd movie with the commentary always on. Never just letting life happen - always analyzing and commenting on my behavior and actions. Always feel like I have to look good in other people's eyes, never just doing me for me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2. "We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively" - Bill Hicks
    Took me 6 months to understand this. Only yourself can grasp its meaning.

"There is no such thing as time"
    Again took me ages to comprehend this. Where is the future? and where are you in the future? In the now. Where's the past? And in your memories, the past, where were you? In the now. The now, this very moment, is the only place we can ever change anything.

Read this in the Hobbit.
    That road out front your house...where does it lead? Everywhere. You can get everywhere from that road. All over the country, to the sea to the airport. All roads are interconnected. It's a trail filled with possibility.

3. Lol!

Alright.

4. Chimps and gorillas build nests, too. Ours are just more complex. Beavers also change the environment to suit their needs. And last but not least, the statement that we are "parasites on this primate host body" doesn't make clear sense any way I look at it.

Yup, time is basically just a human's way to measure the passage of events. Time is just an idea. The only thing real is the present, because nothing exists in exactly the same state for even a second.

I'm also not totally convinced that time travel is possible, for the same reasons. 

6. Experience taught me this. There are 4 ways to be in life, and they are in order:

Married and happy
    Single and happy
    Single and unhappy
    Married and unhappy

What this means is, the only way to true happiness is to share your life with someone you love. This is also the only way to reach hell on earth (living with someone you can't stand).

You'll never hit the pits of life being single, but you can't reach the top either. Being single is the betting mans life.

7. Text cannot suffice.

8. Scientology. It blows my mind that there are people stupid enough to buy into that shit...

9. G.O.D. is inside of you.

10. There are at least three in all of us. The positive, negative, and idle. Some can not see this difference for whatever reason. They are intricately intertwined throughout all existence and determine the fate of everything.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

11. Thinking of outer space and how huge it is, and how puny and small we are in relation to it. Of course we are all created from the universe, so we are the universe, but in physical form it's crazy to think about it.. there are suns 100s times larger than our sun in far galaxies, and our sun is 109 times bigger THAN EARTH.
    It's so cool thinking about on a good sativa it's really fascinating ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438968867.344887.jpg

12. The biggest mindblowing moment for me was when i realized the whole time, I set myself up to this holographic illusionary existence in the first place.

Too see how far we grow and develop :D

13. When sober images you perceive are upside down. When high, I am high. mind = capped

14. #54 CasperTheTokerGhost, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2015

16. #56 catgirl, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    I used to live believing that there's so much more out there to experience in the human world, regardless of your mindset. Whenever numb or disconnected, I used to always think about the possibility of doing different "shocking" things, ranging from "I could do something really strange right now like throw a book at a stranger" to "I could jump on a plane to Brazil/ rob a bank/run away from conventional academia and marry a farmer".

These things are obviously just examples of experiences that I assumed would, in theory, make me feel less disillusioned with life, and more human and alive, because of how drastic they are. It was along the lines of "don't worry, you might be bored of conventional living and family duties etc., but there's a lot of stuff that you could, in theory, do to make your life interesting."

It has suddenly dawned on me that this "living inside a cave you can leave at any time to experience more" idea is completely false, and that it's actually tragic that we believe in it. Unless you can actually change your mindset, (which I can't do), nothing will be different if you get that job, move house or end "toxic" friendships.

As we know, mind-altering substances change your perception of life so damn much and can make everything seem exciting again. It's because they change your brain and NOT your location/wealth/position. If I have a cup of coffee and return to my friends, I'm double as vivacious/sociable/talkative. If you're slightly bored with life, unless you change your mindset and your brain's way of operating and responding to things(which may be impossible), doing something radical like running away to another country (just an ex.) wouldn't feel particularly different or exciting.

Equally, and more relevantly, being massively wealthy/marrying your dream partner wouldn't feel great and wouldn't improve your life much if you're a bored, unsatisfied person.

This all sounds cliche and quoted, but you've got to feel this yourself. This revelation hit me like a ton of bricks. Thinking "life will make sense when I've settled down with a S.O." or "I'll be a bit happier when I move house" is tricking yourself, because if you're not happy now (not saying depressed, but if you're bored), you won't magically "be happier" if you change physical stuff.

So= how much you enjoy life is all down to how you think and experience things. The moral isn't "be happy", it's "realize it's all down to your perception". Going for a walk with your parents in the woods might be really boring and you might detest the cold weather, but chilling in that SAME forest with friends you like could make you realize the beauty of nature, and you might leave loving the location.. Nothing physical has changed the second time you go to the forest - you're equally healthy/the forest is the same, but you're happily with your friends, so you treasure the location and the moment.

This idea has changed my life, no joke. Probably sounds like a ton of bullshit - you've got to feel this stuff yourself.

17. #57 Mel Gibs0n Guitars, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
    both abstract and totally natural - everything is based on the number 3.

If you took 7 boxes, or 9 or any number, you can EASILY divide everything into 3.
    || || || || || || ||

so the middle bar, and in the middle of THAT bar, is your half point. To make it quick and easy for now though, it's 2 and a 1/3rd per section. But despite a fraction being used to divide them it is still perfectly easy to understand. Each third is compeltely symmetrical and every division is also based on 1/3, 2/3, 3/3. So the left and right are mirror images (like the human body being 2 halves mirrored) and the middle mirrors itself on it's own ends. Any other number CANNOT do this. if you use 4 for instance to divide them, then it becomes assymetrical. You can do it surely, but the sections will not mirror each other. the 2nd and 3rd parts of the 4s would not be properly symmetrical to themselves. But with 3 the middle third always overlaps by 1, 2 or the full 3 thirds of a box on each of the middle third's ends. You cannot do this with any other number.

Colors also use this logic. Blue red and green. Red is 1/3 lighter in molecular density than blue, and Green is 1/3 lighter in molecular density than red. With these 3 colors you can have any color OR GRADIENT you can imagine. My printer is only printing with a color cartridge right now, but can still produce high quality black (all 3 main colors mixed together but instead of white it is black).

Music is also this way. 3 notes to a major chord, even if octaval repeats occur. But now to count the actual music you can make instead of just the structure and backbone of music (major chord), we leave out the root note as it is a given and a starting point that is redundant to count as we are already there, and can count 3 different other notes, with 1 of them being 1 of 4 (a third of twelve) possible notes. The other 2 are structural and cannot be changed.

There are 3 fundamental subatomic particles. Protons, neutrons and electrons.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pratitcha sampara, I butchered that but the idea everything is interconnected and there's no difference between anything in this world.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Perhaps the Big Bang has happened multiple times and there is history to be found that follows the timeline of the universe before ours [​IMG]

20. #60 growperro, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2015
    Have you ever sat to think how valuable and dynamic your life in a daily basis, every fragment of the day is a lesson that will make you stronger and wiser for what comes In the future. is because you are human and that is special