Most mindblowing abstract concept/idea youve ever thought?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AbstractMinds, Mar 29, 2015.

1. any kind of  mindblowing concept/idea you've had. Maybe a philosophical idea or even a metaphisical one, I am curious to know!

2. thinking of myself in third person always trips me out. Like remember what I did that day then backtrack but look at those events through the eyes of other people so that I'm actually seeing myself.

3. Not my idea but I have thought about this often.  The fact that mass can slow down time.  Black holes have large mass, take a space ship and fly around a black hole for 100 years(earths perspective).  But the people on the space ship only feel 20 years pass....come back to earth and you are now in the future.

This is a fucking fantastic practice. I'd suggest never stopping that.

5. I think it's almost an indication of one's health to be startled/taken back by new concepts as they come and go in life. Personally, through meditation many realizations have come about. It need not have words, just an awareness of what was or is taking place. It's a beautiful thing to have a deep relationship with self.

I think it's funny too when people say "myself" or whatever version. As if the fact that there is two; an observer and a doer (bad explanation lol) goes over people's heads. Even the term human being....heh.

Yea time dilation is really interesting. I can only wonder what weird and wacky sorts of technology will be created in the future when our understanding of space/time is even more in depth. It might even be possible to create time machines and teleportation.

Gravity is another thing that I believe we will learn to manipulate. It would revolutionize transportation. I can only imagine cars and planes that are able to hover.

7. I've always thought of that, I think that is called the twin paradox. That always makes me wonder how much lifespan do we humans really have (in earths perspective if we take the spaceship).

There is only a doer. You are just doing observation later. And the observation is only based on your fragmented memories which are quite malleable. 

How did you quote yourself with the same post within that post?

10. Right. However in order to speak on behalf of yourself you must use a double...K maybe not MUST since you can say self. It remains though, that...there is an observer speaking on your bodily behalf. In essence there is one, for whatever reason in speech we say my-self. Sort of taking ownership as well i suppose, as it is inherent in the time-space material realm that we roam.

I would like to know too. I meant to edit it and add a word maybe that's why.

11. This,  if actually achieved is pretty major. 

During a particularly strong brownie experience I had this sensation completely by accident.   I "watched" myself converse with other people while crossing a fictional street.   It wasn't like a dream, as I was fully awake and aware, but more like a very detailed  memory of an event that never happened.      It was astounding how detached I was from this memory "me",  like completely observing another person.    He had my appearance, my behavior, my personality, but I was viewing him completely from a 3rd person perspective.     There was no haziness, no clouded mind or otherwise weirdness.  Just a stone cold observation of "myself" in action.   

I've only had this happen once as that was a pretty heroic brownie.

12. lol yes!!!!

❤️

13. Someone mentioned third person experiences. I think like that a lot, like during a conversation with someone else I imagine listening to the conversation in third person and cringing at some of the shit I say. It's far out and makes me you see and hear things you might not do in first person.

14. I used to be able to stop/travel back in time. Then I realized I was just insulating myself against aknowledging reality. Or something, I dunno. 

15. #15 Deleted member 839659, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

laughed like hell at this

how did you manage to quote yourself withjin your own post and why is the quote from an hour AFTER you posted

how whigh were u

16. #16 Uncle_Meat420, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015

So now you're saying the observer is the doer? Seems like a convoluted concept. I think that we are basically extremely complex reaction devices that also self-modify, the self being the entity of my body/brain all of it. Conscciousness is just our word for the awareness we have, which is still just based mostly off heuristics.

Impossible to actually achieve that in an un-biased way. You can't see through other peoples perspectives. It's just you using your own perspective to judge things you did.

17. A ballsack shock proof vest. Like a bullet proof vest but for your nuts. Not to be confused with a sports cup. Those still hurt when you get kicked in the nads.

18. The observer precedes the doer. That is my main point...the observer is intrinsically interwoven into the medium, that is the doer. The heuristics you speak of are mainly natural tendencies ( of lower Chakras). However we hail from the upper, timeless Chakras. hope I somewhat explained my-self, it seems like hocus pocus at first, surely.

Ok dude chakras are what exactly? Please define them and then demonstrate the effect of them. I want hard evidence not mystical woo woo.

20. #20 Deleted member 281310, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    i just think they are taking ownership of themselves because there's a collective self (all of us as humans) and there's an individual self (myself). since we see ourselves in others but have different views. those first letters (whatever their called in grammar) help describe what form of self we're talking about.