Kyg goes guerilla

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by kygiacomo, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Hey kyg, your plots are looking really nice. You might remember me from last winter, i was growing Cindys Blue Cheese in the organic journals and i went by the name of aggrowman. I remeber how excited you were to get started and try out organics. Looks like you hit the ground running. Water-only living soil is truly where its at. So easy. Really good work, man. I cant wait to see your ladies finish up.

You mentioned cheese strains. I had five of the cindys blue cheese seeds left over so i popped them and im getting ready to throw a couple outside in 10 gallon pots dug into the ground. I know you dont care much for OGS, but i got to say, despite the bullshit, her seeds arent bad. The cbc is awesome. Im stoked to see how they do outside.

How late does your grow season go where your at? Anyways, take care, kyg. Keep up the killer growin!

2. hey bro yes i remember u with that name. im happy u made it back to my journal. yep the only thing that i was concerned about was some the ingrediants in the living soil mix but nothing has even attempted to dig at. i just bought some bat guano as well that im gonna use as tea on a few of my plants as well. i use to be a hardcore chemical grower but i always kept a open mind as to what others was doing and what worked for them. Bud rot is what landed me with organics so im truly grateful that i got that shit last year bc otherwise i would still be doing alot of shit wrong and still have problems.My plants dont have 1 single bite of insect damage using this neem oil!! this stuff is legit!!.i love this living soil mix and how waxy the leaves are looking on these ladys. its something that i have never experienced before bc i wasnt giving the plants everthing they needed,they was seriously neglected using miracle grow for the last 9 years.. That is very comforting to know that OGS are good bc i got 3 different strains from there but i didnt pop them this year. they may very well be great for outdoor growing as claimed to be. My grow season can go into around first week of nov if i need to but i like to get all my strains out the hills before oct 15th bc that is when deer season starts and hunters go all over around here. thanks for dropping in brother! im happy to have u along the ride with me on this organic wave im riding on.

3. #123 kygiacomo, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    I just got back from plot#1 I gave the plants a neem,protekt,aloe and 70% neem spray. I have found that giving 5ml of 100% neem with 5ml of 70% hydrophobic extract neem that it emulsify the spray a lot better. I also watered the plant with 1 tsp of insect frass..This plot is one my favorite ones it's got the biddy that I was showing u guys the growth rate since using frass on it in 7days of growth. It's got 1 dela and 1 serious 6. Well the verdict is in on the serious 6 it's also flowering. I hope they go into reveg and produce something and not just a few fkn grams. Serious must have loaded my pack with autos is all I can figure out esp if they continue to flower with the days getting longer and longer or this strain is just to photo sensitive to my lat. I have already emailed them and I'm gonna ask for a pack of Kali mist to replace these since I won't grow the other 3 I have if these continue flowering. Pic#1 is the biddy, pic#2 is the dela and pic #3 and #4 and #5 is the S6

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432515428.233041.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432515444.584059.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432515456.770083.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432515475.769456.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432515485.056959.jpg

4. #124 kygiacomo, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
    hey guys i went to check on one my plots yesterday and on one of my leafs of the biddy early i noticed this weird looking damage to my leaf. the plants was germed at the end of march. i set them out in their final spots on may 5th. i havent gave any food at all yet. they are in happy frog potting mix. the only thing i have done was spray them down with neem,protekt,and aloe in the evening after the sun went down. all my other plants dont have this weird damage so i have no ideal whats causing it. 
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432570915.193517.jpg

5. Hey Gc i went to plot#5 today bc i had to trim back a limb that was blocking my 2nd church. i got that cut and painted the end of it brown so it wouldnt be a white dot sticking out. the first 2 pics are the Dela's that i topped. they are starting to recover nicely now so the growth will start moving fast. the 3rd pic is of my most vigorous church and its already up to my hips. its also already starting to have that fresh homegrown weed smell mmmmmm! last pic is of the 2nd church that was getting blocked by the limb. i put the biggest church out in this hole about 5 days before i put pic#4 church out there. they both was germed at the same time so it just goes to show how much better mother nature does to the plants then leaving them in little pots. Anyways its been dry here and i been working my ass watering these bitches so i hope that june and july isnt this way lol 

Attached Files:

6. My first casualty of war. It was the flowering serious 6. I'm glad it wasn't a dela or my CsshI wonder what else Mother Nature gonna throw at me this year. I'm sure she got a few more surprises up her sleeve. This plant looked like someone cut it with scissors but the cage wasn't to high and something like a deer could prolly reach in there and chop it. It was hanging by a thread of fiber. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432772078.520210.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432772093.289978.jpg

7. #127 kygiacomo, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
    Hey Gc i had to go and give my plants water again today at 2 different plots. first pic was taken this morning about 745am. that strain will grow massive here bc it gets sun all day from time it comes up till it goes down which is why i put the church there. i tried my luck at FIMMING on it to see how it turns out.Im loving how healthy the leaves look on this church. i know its the neem,protekt,aloe and liq seaweed helping.. i went to plot#5 as well which has a Dela and a critical super silver haze. i could see the start of a deficeny on both the Dela and Cssh. i think it is from lack of water so i laid it to them today. i gave both plants 2 gallons each i also added 2.5ml of protekt,5ml of liq sea weed. i also put a small top dressing of Ewc just in case that is the start of a nitrogen Def. i just ordered 1lb of azomite that im gonna add to plot #5 bc i didnt remineralize that soil this year. i was gonna lime it up a few months ago but i totally forgot about it till now lol..pic#3 is the Dela and pic#4 is the Cssh. i put a milk jug up there to show size comparison. im pretty happy with the growth rate right now though. U guys let me know what u think the Deficeny is.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432821282.873756.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432821300.276859.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432821319.413151.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432821333.782828.jpg

8. Hey KYG! I don't see any obvious signs of deficiency! If you're referring to the lighter green at the main growth points that's nothing to worry about IMO. Generally its indicative of a healthy, rapidly growing plant in my experience!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

9. Oh ok that relieves my mind bc that was exactly what i was referring to. im loving the organic soil so far. this is my first year using it and its really surprised the hell out me. thanks for stopping in bro! i can now smoke a joint and not have to worry lol

10. No worries! You will likely notice as the new growth that has the slightly lighter colour grows out it will become a dark green! This change is the chlorophyll A & B and other photosynthetic componds maturing to their dark green when combined. Basically your plant is growing so fast it is able to build the physical fibrous structure as fast or faster than the created photosynthetic materials can mature. That is not to say your plant isn't creating enough chlorophyll by any means, it generally indicates a very healthy plant that is thriving! If you notice the leaves never darken however or if the light colour started from the outer edges of the leaves then there is likely an issue! Just keep an eye on the growth but I'm sure you will notice as the small lime coloured leaves mature and grow in size they will start becoming a darker green starting at the fingertips of the leaves and gradually darken right to the leaf stem margin at the base so the whole leaf is generally uniform and green to dark green in colour as we usually expect!

Peace & Love
    PyspberE

11. Nice goin Ky!  Things are lookin mighty fine around here, it's too bad about that Serious 6 though.  The others will make up for the loss, do you have anything you can throw in it's place?  It's still early... [​IMG]

PyspberE nailed it.  Explosive growth will show those very signs - no worries!  You're killing it... can't wait to see how much these explode this month!  Stay safe out there.

12. yea I have quite a few to replace it but I'm just gonna leave it as it is. I got a email back from Simon on the serious 6 which basically said that according to my lat on Europe map I would be close to Sevilla Spain. He told me that strain is for more norther lat. I got of those left but I will germ them next year around may1 instead of April so maybe they won't start to flower till around july1st. Man I wish I would have had the money to buy all the plants in doing in Bas living soil. This shit is fkn awesome dude!! I know for a fact I will be using it next year. My plants are all praying in the day time with the most incredible deep green and not one single bug bite. I'm use to going to my plots and seeing holes all in the leaves with something else fucked up to. All I know is of now they are growing so awesome it's really mind boggling to me lol u told me that if I use that soil recipe that I would see incredible shit happing and that is so true. I have a felling they are gonna grow nicely in the next month. Do u think its ok if I can water in some plant success soluble? I know it's got tons of ecto but I won't be using plant success no more. I will be using lush roots. I mean I know I can water it in but will it just be a waste or would it actually put some more Beenies in the soil along with what I already got? Anyways thx for stopping in bro

13. excellent post bro! Thx for sharing that info. I think u just saved me a few more grey hairs lol

14. #134 kygiacomo, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    OK guys i want to ask u all something. today when i went to water my plant i noticed what looked like bubbly spit on one the stems. i put my fingers in it and there was a live insect in it..i smashed his brains out btw lol and i did a few sonic boom claps on the adults that i could hit.. i got to looking around and i have leafhoppers on there. its the one with a yellow body,orange and light greenish one. im pretty sure this is honey dew or some kinda birth seceration from a leafhopper. i been spraying with neem ever 7-10 days at 5ml per liter. im not sure how its not getting killed. i just ordered some Diatomaceous earth from BAS.. its way to early in the grow season to start worrying about sooty mold. im going back tomorrow to hit them with 8ml of neem,2ml of karanja oil and 2.5ml of Sns 209 systemic pest control. i want to keep this grow as organic as i possible can but if i have to use extreme measures to save my plant from mold i will not hesitate to do it. so what should i use to kill these fkers?

15. You should def fill that hole with somethin brother!  It's got the BAS LOS right?  If all you have left is the S6 then you still have time to pop beans.  I threw plants out really late last year (July 10th) and they still managed to reach about 4' tall and yield about 2 oz a piece.  Better late than never...

And man, I can't wait for next year already lol.  I add on to each spot every year (or at least the ones that don't get compromised) so they get better and better.  You won't have to buy soil through the mail next year, we're gonna source some quality bagged compost near you so you can go and pick it up for $8 a bag.  Then it's about $10 for a 3.8 cubic foot bale of peat moss, any home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowes will carry that.  Sphagnum peat moss > peat moss though.  Then it's just an aeration amendment after that, like lava rock, pumice, or even perlite if you need to keep it light for transport.  However, perlite doesn't support micro-life - if I'm not mistaken.  So I use that in high maintenance patches only.  Then, you pick up a CC kit from BAS and mix it yourself for like half the price!  You can even haul the bales and all of your materials to your spots and mix it on site during pre-season, it might make for easier transport... but I know you have an ATV so it depends on what you feel like doing pretty much [​IMG]

Those plants are invisible to insects now that they're healthy enough to store reserves and stack lipids and everything.  I was watching this documentary and they were talking about that - they literally become invisible because bugs don't see color or some shit (idk I was really baked) [​IMG]

Keep up with those IPM foliar sprays, and I'll bet you pull at least 90% of that crop out of those woods without mold issues.  I wouldn't use that plant success stuff, I've got a 4/5 full jar of it myself that I refuse to use on anything but woody species in my yard, like the birch and pine trees.  It's literally like... designed for the very opposite species that we're going after.  I'd honestly worry about it feeding any nearby woody species... if anything use the Lush Roots as a drench.  That's great stuff.  pour it straight down into the main trunk to hit the most root mass, that should do just fine man.  I personally don't try to fix anything that isn't broken, and by the looks of those ladies are doin just fine.  The Lush will only help, but try to resist the urge to love em too much and feed em everything in the tool box.  Been there, done that [​IMG]

16. #136 kygiacomo, May 30, 2015
    haha i got a bad habit of trying to love them to death. i will use the lush roots i got about half a jar left. i have already give them 1 tbs per gallon of the lush roots ever 14 days. im gonna use it in some tea as well like it says on the bottle. i already got a S6 in germ lol i bet it will stay in veg a good month so that will be cool. i contacted serious seeds and asked why this was happening and if they sent me autos and asked for a Kali mist for replacement beans. this is the email i got back from Simon. 

"[SIZE=large]Hi Kygiacomo,[/SIZE]

you are the first person to come with this problem, so it is interesting to see what is going on here. The 'Serious 6' is an early flowering outdoor strain, not an autoflowering strain.

You already gave one reason why 'normal' but early flowering varieties could be triggered to flower before it is expected; starting them indoors first under 24 or 18 hour of light. After transplanting outdoors they are triggered by the sudden difference of more hours of darkness.

Another reason for early plants to start flowering is if you start them outside too early. The total hours of darkness can (still) be just enough to trigger the plants to start flowering. This probably is the reason in your case.

The location on the planet (the latitude) is important in this scenario. Because for example near the equator the nights will always be long enough to trigger flowering even when plants are still small. The whole year round!!

When I put your latitude of 37,5 on the map of Europe then I see it is in the far south of Spain, near Sevilla. That is a great location to grow cannabis outside. You can grow most strains there, our Kali Mist will perform like you wouldn't believe in your location. Even real long flowering sativas will perform well in your location I reckon.

This is however not exactly the location for which the Serious 6 was made. The Serious 6 was made for locations really up north where other strains will never finish in time. So the reason why the serious 6 starts to flower so early is that the nights in your location are still relatively long. This may not trigger other varieties but it will trigger a strain bred to flower in much more northern locations.

So the lenghts of your nights during early spring are still too long for this particulair strain which is made to grow under different conditions. It may well be so that those flowering Serious 6's will stop to grow flowers at some point to become veg again, and will start to flower later on in the season.

With best regards,
    Simon
    <div>(owner and breeder of Serious Seeds)"

</div>

No worries mang, I have these down in the swamp like crazy.  I never got them fully under control, nor did I try to much.  A few plants got chewed up slightly but they only messed with the stems.  I would continue with the same dosages as before though - neem and karanja are the same thing in a horticultural setting, so combining them is like doubling your dosages.  Personally, I'd go 2 tsp neem and 1 tsp karanja per gallon.  Then the SNS 209 may help since it's got the rosemary in it - ticks and pretty much all insects haaate that shit for some reason.  I picked a few ticks off me from today's haul and before doing so I just dropped some rosemary oil right on their bodies to say "fuck off" in a nice way lol.  They shouldn't get out of control though, I doubt you'll see much damage from these things but keep an eye out.  Don't freak out yet!  All is well...

18. #138 kygiacomo, May 30, 2015
    thats what im gonna do tomorrow the exact dose u put here. they have caused a few of my leaves to twist and looked deformed. i will get a pic tomorrow of the leaves that has been affected to show u. oh ya the reason why i thought of the rosemary is bc in Eds book of marijuana pest and disease it says they do not like rosemary and will stay away from it. that slimy bubbly shit freaked me out today esp when i seen it on my stems and even more after i smashed that live bug in it. im also gonna add a 1 tsp of insect frass in my mix tomorrow as well lol i want to activate the SAR in the plant to let it know those fkers are there just in case it didnt know LOL. here is the link to the book that i read on leafhoppers. its pretty interesting. i need to buy this book its only 17$ and its worth it to me bc i just like reading anything with weed growing in it. oh ya i want to show u a church strain that i used liq seaweed and insect frass on  yesterday and the looks of it today is just amazeing healthy! that pic was taken at 745am so it gets sun from 745 till 530pm of direct,its gonna be a monster!! i swear dude i have never had plants that ever looked like this before..im glad u talked me into it..i would have never thought plants can grow with all the nutes in the soil...im loving this organic shit! i want to start stocking up on shit lol dad said wtf is wrong with u u got all kinds of stuff already on the shelf. https://books.google.com/books?id=9VTILHJde54C&pg=PA95&lpg=PA95&dq=leafhopper+damage+cannabis&source=bl&ots=P9RSrIsQJs&sig=ePYwALVhvU8nIHPSe-eWJnp0A8w&hl=en&sa=X&ei=V3toVZFJ2LHIBIWhgJAF&ved=0CHMQ6AEwDA#v=onepage&q=leafhopper%20damage%20cannabis&f=false

Attached Files:

19. thats what i will do bro thanks. we finally just got our first rain this month, mother nature has been working my balls off. i still gotta work tomorrow though carrying water to store up incase this drought contiunes lol so im still gonna be packing water when i dont have to pack to feed so it will make it a bit easier when i do gotta go back to water then bc i wont have to pack it then lol its a full time job being a guerilla if u want quality buds. thats good to know about the rosemary on the ticks. everday i come back from the hills and i got 1 or 2 buried in me. i take my lighter out my pocket and roast the little mfers!![​IMG]  sometims i even just pull their legs and shit off to make them suffer before i give them a inferno blast[​IMG]

20. Hahaha oh shit I didn't know you could burn them off like that.  Do you get the heads out of your skin still?