Kyg goes guerilla

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by kygiacomo, Mar 28, 2015.

1. The best start you can give them is a natural one without Advanced Nutrients, don't kill them with kindness!  It's easy to do... I've honestly found the healthiest plants in my garden are the ones that I leave alone the most.  They only need water right now, and too much of anything at this stage can stunt them easily.  Consistency, and mitigating stress is important.  You got this bro.

2. #22 kygiacomo, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    lol thats usally my biggest issue is that i love them to death litterly. im glad u posted that bc u just saved me 25$ i didnt want to get that nirvana anyways. i did put a small layer of the living soil around the top of the pots since they have been steadily getting lower and lower from when i first put the soil in there. like i have told u before is damn it these first 4 weeks is always the hardest for me bc im always looking at them and thinking what more could i do to make them better LOL idk why i think like that but i do. I bet the plants are happy as hell once i do set them out in their spots bc they dont have to listen to me all day and can do what they do best is grow healthy..the Hso that i put into germination replacing the rotten panda(r.i.p) is about to break the surface.. Thanks for stopping by brother! View attachment 1739445

3. Looking very nice! I like the vast selection of genetics you got going! Come Nov you will have a really nice choice of head stash to chose from!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

4. I hear ya, it's hard to not do much sometimes but ya gotta just let them go and do their thing.  Plants in the wild don't get any attention, and they're thriving on the same principals we use in living soil.  

I think the hardest part for us is getting out of that synthetic mind set, we're used to the plants always being on the tipping point so we've always been on our guard at all times.  What a crazy way to grow plants... 

5. #25 kygiacomo, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    thanks bro happy to have u along for the ride, looking forward to ur outdoor thread as well..got some high hopes for a couple of these new strains that i have never ran before
    lol ya my plants always seem to do alot better once i sit them out in their final spots..like i said they dont have to look at me all day and let them do their thing bc as u know i cannot go out there ever day and look at them LOL i tell u 2 words that is a crazy way to grow "Miracle-Gro" haha im not sure how i even harvested shit before..its got like 8 essential nutrients missing out of it from the start..no wonder they always looked like a needle junkie [​IMG]  

6. Update:
    It's 80f here today the lady's have got about 3.5 hrs today and now I put them back in the shed. I did a very light top dressing of EWC to get the microbes thriving in the pots.. I'm gonna transplant them to final spots starting on May 1st.. That's it for today folks thanks for stopping in.. If u have any questions or advice please chime in ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428259742.091647.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428259753.508797.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428259764.710903.jpg

Arguing with a troll equals feeding him,thus fulfilling his twisted desire to abuse and be abused!!

7. I'm going to be following this one. I don't have any advice to offer, but it should be interesting.[​IMG]

Keep those babies alive. Looking good so far.

8. thanks for joining up bro its a pleasure. im sure later as the grow goes on u will have some advice..u would be surprised at the things u will learn just reading,something i may have missed and share it here..ask questions about anything if u like as well. . i learn alot from new growers and old timers alike.. this quote below is from a legend outdoor grower and its so true. 

"We're all just students here aren't we? I learn a great deal from new growers with new ideas and questions. Sometimes a question by a new grower will spark a thought process that moves my ball down the field. I am a new grower each spring. New ideas, new strains, new grow spots, new expectations, new challenges. How bout you?" 

9. #29 kygiacomo, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    Check out this bubble-bee sniffing out the blueberry headband. He might want to get high I love weather like this. The temps is 73f with a slight breeze and humidity 25-30% range. Duke &Bella loves it out here as well. I like the wind blowing constant like this to help my lady's strengthen their root system. I think next Wed I will give my baby's their first taste of potassium silica with a bit of kelp tea for a drench
    View attachment 1741094 View attachment 1741095 View attachment 1741096

10. #30 kygiacomo, Apr 6, 2015
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428347010.389991.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428347020.293819.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428347040.378893.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428347057.746342.jpg
    Not sure why the pics didn't upload on the post above. I'm using tap-a-talk and it said it went thur but just checked on the computer and wasn't there.. Oh well I'm not that computer savy anyways

11. Do u guys think I can use this old tomato cage on one my plant? I have seen some grows online where people use nets and what-not so I got this ideal to use one my garden cages. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428354305.791283.jpg

12. #32 PsypherE, Apr 6, 2015
    Large tomatoes cages like that work very well to train big out door plants!

PS I love your little dogs! Reminds me of my own westie/min poodle (mutt but we love her!)

13. Here's the little girl after our Easter Snow lol 1428356092423.jpg

Don't mean to intrude with the pictures!

14. #34 kygiacomo, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    haha i love the way that snow looks on her. some the best dogs i have ever had is mutts. we love them the same no matter what its breed is..
    thats good to know about the cage im definalty gonna use it this year on 1 my plants..i only have 1 lol i found it in my shed in the way back. i could have used that last year on the dinafem diseal i had for sure..

Edit: I forgot to add include all the pics u want of ur plants and animals bc I have a huge passion for both. I also wanted to ask u about the bravdo packs. I seen u was using them and curing is my weakest point. I may get some those. I hadn't ever heard of them till I seen in ur journal u was using them.. How well do they work?

15. #35 kygiacomo, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2015
    I went did a bit more shopping at lowes. Can't really find much stuff but I did get some
    Perlite to add into the happy frog and ocean forest. I may still need to get a 3.8Cf bag of pest moss bc I got 5 more plants then I originally planned to have this year. Any of u guys use lime to ur spots? I found a pellet bag and also a powdered bag,which would u all buy if u was me? Here's the pics of a few things I bought. The hormone spray is interesting I think. I didn't buy it today but I'm gonna get it when plants first start to flower and test out on 1 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428425342.394196.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428425353.095443.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428425368.312444.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428425381.648860.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428425390.983531.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428425415.785106.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428425516.381837.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Damn dude. If I could get my hands on half of that stuff I'd be made. I had no idea you could buy worm castings in a bag.[​IMG]

And here I am relying on plain old soil and water.

17. The Hso train wreck and delicious critical super silver haze was big enuff to transplant from the jiffy pellets into the jiffy pots. I got my last order in from BAS today. I just love the living soil smell, look, touch and it's moisture retaining abilities. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428526746.915545.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428526767.281950.jpg

18. yea u can bro buy it in a bag. It's prolly not near as good as the ones I can get from buildasoil but it's better then nothing. Maybe next year u can source your self some earthworm castings,kelp meal,alfalfa meal and neem meal and mix it with ur soil and u will have a lot better quality plant. It will be more robust and healthy as well with bigger buds. It's not costly to use those amendments. Also u can get a 50 pound bag of dolomite lime to mix in soil as well for the minerals. 50# bag only costs 4$ here.. Animal feed stores should have the kelp and alfalfa meals

19. Today makes 3 weeks since germination so really about 2 weeks above the dirt. The blue basket has the delahaze and biddy earlys. The white basket has the church, serious 6,jackey white,and sweet purple. The black crate is sannies heribei,blueberry headband,dinafem critical jack(it's labled diseal for some reason lol I was high) and the green poison fast version. The 3 new members to the family is incredible bulk, critical super silver haze and Hso train wreck. I will continue with the weekly updates since this part of the grow is boring. Come flower time things will get really interesting! Pic of my pups I just gave them a bath last nite. I turn my back for 2 minutes and look at them. They got mud caked on their feet and face. U can by the look on their faces they know they are in trouble lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428610898.956187.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428610914.789395.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428610940.560240.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428610759.724012.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428610772.758161.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428610798.407120.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428610810.042103.jpg

Yo do you have any access to Espoma Plant Toner?  That would be a great alternative to the CC Kit without going through the headache of customizing a mix out and making sure everything's balanced accordingly.  I would stay away from the lime, unless you don't plan on using those spots next year because it's known to harden up into a concrete-like layer over time.  Oyster shell powder is a good substitute if you need a liming agent for some reason.  

Scrap the tomato harvest speeder upper bottle, not sure what 99% of the inactive ingredients are but if they have a warning about not getting it on your skin/near your pets I would def not smoke something that was grown with it.  That throws all kinds of red flags for me... you'd be much better off grabbing some coconut powder that will deliver the same active ingredient, and only that active ingredient in a safe and organic form.  Cytokinins also force apical growth in your lower shoots, so you may not even have to top or prune if you give your plants a decent amount of that in their water - the plants will bush out on their own!  

The repels all may work if you really pile the stuff on in a circle around your plants, but the run off that will come from it isn't even worth it in my opinion.  Maybe a sprinkling around your patch (10' away) would be safer, but I'd stay on the cautious side of things if it were me.  Once they grow to be 2'+ I don't think many animals will find them interesting, they mainly go after young plants that are softer and easier to digest.  Have you considered using deer netting yet as a more "organic" alternative?  In my experience the deer get freaked out when they hit the netting and run away, sometimes they do knock it over though which is why bordering a big patch with netting is more ideal than individual plants.  This method also makes it harder to spot unnatural shapes from the air, compared to doing a box or a circle around each plant (like a bulls eye in a way).  If I were running deer fencing I would take 10 bamboo stakes and make a weird shape out of the border, something that blends in with the terrain...