Kyg goes guerilla

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by kygiacomo, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Hey guys went to plot 2 today so I can start my prevention sprays for bud rot. Everything I have now is in flower except the church at it 2.I mixed up some Sns244c,regalia, aloe and insect frass for the chitosan. Everything is looking good. I think the biddy will be my biggest yeilder at this plot.. It's 9 foot 3 inches tall right now and it has limbs all over it just what I like to see. The church is fighting leaf septoria right now so I'm not sure how well it's gonna do. I hit it with liquid copper 3 days ago and so far I think it's under control. The sweet purple is coming along nicely as well now. It's bushing out just like I FIM and train it to. Well guys I'm in what I call the gauntlet for the next 75 days. This is when i learn the most about what I have did right and did wrong and if my preparation is gonna pay off. Temps are perfect for cannabis here right now 91f with 65% humidity out. I'm gonna keep a close eye on everything now and try to nip it in the bud before it comes a major issue if possible. Pics 1-2 is the biddy. Pics 3-4 is the church and pic 5 is the sweet purple!
    1 thing i have noticed is all my plants that are in living soil do not have leaf septoria! this disease is worse then bud rot and thrives in hot humid weather. the only way i see i can defeat this fkn leaf spot spore is use chemicals that will cause me to have cancer or grow it in living soil hmmmmm? thats a no brainer right!!

Attached Files:

2. There are no mistakes in gardening, only experiments - Team Microbe

Hahahahaha

3. “There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.”
    -Janet Kilburn Phillips

4. We know that i was joking if you didn't notice the "Hahahahaahah"

>.>

5. they are at least 1 mistake in the garden and that is using miracle gro soil unless u like root aphids and fungas gant larave lol

6. Hey guys it's that time of year that I love the most FLOWERING TIME!!! I went to the organic plot this evening. I'm really amazed at how well this plot is doing with me only providing water and nothing more! These 3 plants have the most healthy leaves on them. There is no sign of any disease on these at all. Leaf septoria no problem for these healthy bitches. I can't wait to taste the smoke from my first ever organic grow! The jacky is gonna be a monster yeilder! I think this strain is gonna come close to being my biggest yeilder ever,but I gotta wait and see how the buds fill in. I'm just assuming this from looking at the flowering sites which rivals my lovely dela's. The Jw and BbHb both are showing pre flowers as well. Anyways guys here's the pics. The first and second one is the Dela. The 3rd and 4th is the jacky and last one is the blueberry headband.

Attached Files:

7. Wow kyg! Those look great! You know each year after this will be better and better!

8. ya thats what i have been told about that living soil that it gets better and better. i wish i would have went fully with this living soil at all the plots,now that i see what it can do,but honestly i was really skeptical that it would grow anything at all lol its just been so much easier in this soil mix. no problems at all so far from this plot. no bug damage,no ph issues nothing but greatness. i took a 1/4 cup of milled malted barley and top dress the plants today. i was thinking that i could put some in a cup and let it sit a hour or 2 and then strain it in a coffee filter and apply that as folair but im not sure it would be the best us of it. i gotta read up some more on the barley sst first. thanks Llb for stopping in u have helped me alot this year on my organic quest and its greatly appreciated

9. #249 ladyluckybean, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    You don't foliar with the SST. Coot advises not to but doesn't explain why. Enzymes belong in the soil. They break down fertilizer and create chitosan from the chitin. When roots sense chitosan, that is what produces the SARS response you're seeking. Chitin + chitinase = chitosan. Everyone just refers to it as chitin and I think a lot of people are confused about it. I'm still reading about that part.

10. Holy Trees!

11. #251 Team Microbe, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    Lookin great over here man! Have you been keeping up on your neem IPM foliars? I'm trying best to myself... it's hard though sometimes! It's a full moon tonight, a great time to spray [​IMG]

12. #252 Team Microbe, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    I never made an outdoor thread over here, so I'll share these here instead...

[​IMG]

Cheese Candy - 100 gal hole with equal parts peat/perlite/compost along with Dr. Earth's Life all purpose fertilizer & bi weekly neem/agsil16H/aloe/essential oil foliars. This hole gets full sunlight, and is def one of the happier ladies out in the swamp.

[​IMG]
    I was able to achieve level 4 of plant health sooner than expected out here - there isn't one unhealthy leaf or pest on these ladies man. This is a first for me... leaf hoppers and slugs are literally consuming everything surrounding these down here. Leaf spot is prevalent as well, but no signs of it yet on these. Fingers crossed!

[​IMG]
    I tucked this Cheese Candy into the corner where a feeder stream resides that leads to the rest of the swamp. After digging here I found a shit load of worms and organic matter from so much water running through here during the wet season. This year I'm going to amend the entire 20' of stream with compost and amendments after throwing down a bunch of native brush for a Hugelkultur bed. I hope to have a bed that I can use year after year by just planting cover crops after harvesting in the fall. Clovers, alfalfa, lentils and dandelions will be thrown down this fall after construction is complete. Should be a fun project!

What are ya thinkin about doing to prep your holes for next spring after this fall's harvest?

13. yep i went and sprayed my plants down with regalia,aloe,insect frass and my last karanja spray
    they are all starting to flower. i got 1 biddy that is 2 weeks into flower another biddy that is 1 week in. the Jacky is jjust showing preflowers. the BBHB has little fuzzzy white hair on it to now so its either week 1 or 2 so i wrote down week 1 flowering with the date. i got 2 dela's that in flower. im gonna be growing kali mist next year. simon sent me a free pack bc the experience i had with serious 6. it started flowering around the end of may and was throwing 1 blade leaves. it ended up catching bud rot so i pulled the whole 2 foot plant out out the ground. Simon said he thinks i started it to early and that this strain was made for more northern climates. he looked up my lat and said im directly acorss the ocean to ilbiza Spain and says the kali Mist will do awersome where i am. so hes gonna hook me up with 6 pack and only asked me to do a strain reveiw on it in the south east usa to see how she does. i dont get out in the dark man fkk that. i m not about to get out in the hills with snakes and and shit and not be able to see them good. i just wake up at 630 am and hit the hill in front my house.

14. #254 ladyluckybean, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    ky, you need to check out PFA, probiotic farmers of America. Jeremy Silva is an admin of their facebook page so you know its got the stamp of approval and would work well with your current organic set up. Have you read about probiotics helping mold/PM/budrot? I know those are big on your list. I think he sells EM1 at BAS. it also helps you cook soil easier and it has photosynthetic bacteria so if you want to apply it to your soil that is already cooked, your plants leaves pray and they really reach for that light!

15. I went to plot 5 today for the weekly feed. I have now switched from maxi gro to veg+bloom dirty at this plot. I'm adding 1.25ml of floralicious plus in 1 gallon each time I feed them. I also now have started using B-52 and bud factor x. I'm still adding 1/4 tap of ful-humic & silica from Bioag to my soil drenches and using ful power at 2.5ml to 1
    Liter foliar once a week. The biggest church I got is the only plant that has had something different added to it and it's a product called golden tree. So far I'm loving this shit! Pic#1 is the dela she's starting to spread her wings and take off. Pic #2 is the second dela. Pic 3-4 is my monster plant right now the almighty church! It's loving the veg+bloom dirty and golden tree last pic is smaller church. It's really healthy so I still got hope it will produce a lot. The way I trained it I'm gonna have at least 6 top colas yummy!

Attached Files:

16. cool thanks for the info Llb. i do know about the probiotics

17. Kali Mist WOULD do good in your climate - I never even thought about that. It never finished early enough for me though, but it was beasting amongst the rest of the plants in my patch. Def run that baby next year!

Probiotic Farmers Alliance is what LLB meant to say - PFA is great and very supportive as a group on facebook. However, as far as powdery mildew or any airborne pathogen - probiotics are completely unnecessary in a no till environment. They will never surpass the effectiveness of a solid IPM routine such as the one you're using with neem oil. Probiotics are kind of like soil beds - they're all the rave these days! [​IMG]

Using a malted barley tea rather than EM1 will break amendments down into a bioavailable form faster and more efficiently, since enzymes are the catalyst of all catalysts. This combined with a fulvic acid like FulPower will only enhance this entire process! Not saying that probiotics are bad, they're good but if you've already got that biology in your soil then going down this messy rabbit hole is just senseless IMO. You will feel apart of a group though, and more self important. That's a fact. [​IMG]

18. ya i got a pack on the way from Serious Seeds so im looking forward to growing it next year. he said its super mold resistant and that will be the least of my worrys with that strain. the only reason i had never tried it before was bc of the price. i will be doing delahaze,kali mist,jacky white and Ace Malawi all next year which would be enuff to supply myself till the next season. then for my cheese strain it will be cheese candy as of now but im gonna run some other cheese strains and see which does the best. i got freeze cheese 89,cheesy headband,swiss cheese and frencheese. i will most likely just by 2 seeds of each of those cheese and see what does great. i got a free pack of cheese candy from Delicious seeds when i ordered the cotton candy from them directly instead of using a retailer

19. I went back to plot 2 and 4 today to check on the progress of the plants since I have them a shot of golden tree and amino blast. There is a huge turn around in the plants since the last pics I took on the first. They didn't look very happy that day but wow today they are praying harder then a evangelist! Pic 1 is the biddy,pic 2 is the church and pic 3 is the sweet purple.
    Plot 4 is looking great but I noticed today that I'm losing about 2hrs of direct sun from around 12-2 and that is the most important part of the sun rays to get for the plants. I will be going back to plot 4 tomorrow with my bow saw and cut the limb that is blocking me. U would be surprised at how a very small limb with just a few leaves will block the sun. I will spray my plants down with greencure, regalia,aloe and golden treein the morning..im loving this fkn Golden Tree!!i can a huge difference in just over 24 hrs with the shit.. The 4th pic is the dela and pic 5 is the critical super silver haze. I like how close the nodes are on this plant. Once those buds fill in it will have 4 monster colas on this bitch. That's it for today folks! I suspect I will be carrying slot of water this month bc August is always hot and dry. check out post 241 pic #4 is the church and pic#5 is the sweet purple compared to the pics in this updated post. a huge turnaround for them!

Attached Files: