Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quit Smoking, Cant Eat, Heavy Nausea

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Simonblaze23, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Yo so I figured out the other day that the entire time I've been smoking I've had a pretty strong case of MIPA (Marijuana-Induced Panic/Anxiety) .  I have decided that as much as I like getting high, I really DONT like the panicky feeling I get if I get a little too high so I'm gonna up and quit cold turkey.

I'm now on my 2nd day of being smoke free and let me tell you my stomach is not liking me at the moment. I feel super full and bloated at all times and can barely get down maybe 2 bites of any given meal. If I eat anything I instantly feel nauseous and even more nauseous from just thinking about eating.

I've been drinking little muscle milk protein shakes to maybe try and stop my muscles from deteriorating while I'm pretty much starving. I've also been drinking little amounts of water to try and fill my stomach without irritating it.

I know that this issue is common among heavy weed smokers who suddenly quit. So I guess I just want to know what anyone did to combat this issue or how long its going to be affecting me for until I can eat like normal again?

2. Fruit, exercise, water, and tacos. Go for it.

3. #3 Storm Crow, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  4. you have to be a special kind of stupid to smoke so much weed you get addicted

5. It's just weed dude. If going 48 hours without sends you into withdrawals you've got got bigger issues than pot induced anxiety

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 homestarstoner, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    you clearly dont smoke weed nearly as much as some, so dont act like your in a position to know about the changes you go through when stopping heavy use. theres countless threads and discussions here that smokers created on the physical symptoms they have felt after quitting frequent usage. take a look, gain some knowledge on the topic, then make statements. this is why the search tool is there

all it takes to create a dependancy is getting high multiple times daily for too long. most of us have gone through it after being laid off for periods of time sitting at home smoking all day everyday. you quit and find stomach nausea, head fog and appetite loss, leading to weight loss sometimes. also mood swings and an overall lack of pleasure or emotion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was put on probation a few years back and had to quit cold turkey as well. Definitely not fun but you do what you have to do. Anyways I found that the sleepless nights, easily irritable moods, and limited appetite lasted for no longer than a week. The restless nights your gonna have to just deal with if you aren't game for sleeping medication or any other self medicating. The irritability depends on the person themselves but if you're naturally a calm person it shouldn't be too bad. For the loss of appetite I found that I could eat cereal easier than any other food, probably because of the milk made it easier to go down. Like I stated before it won't be longer than a week until your back to your normal self. Good luck OP!

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

9. I've been smoking/vaping daily for years.. Then the past month or so I was smoking nearly every hour of the day. Stopped cold turkey to take a t break for 3 weeks and afterwards im going back to smoking 4-5x total per week cuz it's just so much better for a variety of reasons. Anyway never experienced any nausea, trouble sleeping or eating, nothing at all. Blows my mind some people apparently get so mentally attached to bud

10. I'm no anatamy/pyschology/whatever expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but your mind is probably just feeling uneasy about your sobriety. Your probably a little anxious (in a different, less panicky way than weed made you feel) or overwhelmed because you aren't smoking weed any more. Give your body a bit to adjust. If in a month (once all the THC has withdrawn from your system) you feel the same, go see your doctor.

Surprising the way some people can almost read your mind. Not once did I mention in this post that I've actually been having little bouts of sober anxiety throughout the day, (something that has never happened to me before when I wasn't high) but you somehow just knew it, maybe you've been through a similar situation?

I like how you knew it was a less panicky anxiousness too, you really hit the nail on the head here. 

It actually has been getting progressively better; Only 1 or 2 times today I felt a little anxiety creeping up on me as compared to yesterday it was probably 3 or so times, and i feel it will only get better each day until the thought it completely out of my mind.

So maybe you should become an anatomy/psychology/whatever expert because damn you have some serious insight man.

Thanks for the advice, It makes it a lot easier when there's people out there that know whats going on and are able to share some quality thought on the subject.

Great advice :)

My mom suggested something similar, some ginger chews (luckily we already had some at the house) and they helped tremendously this morning to get me to actually eat my breakfast.

13. #13 weedislife, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Forget it.

Hey I appreciate the kind words man. And yea I have certainly been through this feeling more than one time, and from my experience it will most likely pass, probably sooner rather than later. And hey enjoy your sobriety brother! In a few weeks it will feel like a cloud has been lifted from your mind and you'll be sharp as a tack!

15. Eat some nice raw vegetables and fruits.  Exercise, get your mind off weed and more on yourself.  It really helps me I found when I've 'quit' to focus on myself and my health.  Then when I start smoking again I'm eating healthy, exercising, while still partaking in the herb using it as a reward system

16. #16 MattmPsi, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Thanks for the input retard. I smoked once and got that way. Fuck you.

And before you tell me im not addicted, i physically cannot sleep and will not sleep unless ive smoked. Ive been up for days at a time exercising not able to eat in the past..only to take one hit of weed and be passed out for the next 20hrs because my body needed to sleep so badly but couldnt without the hit. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary. I smoked pot once. Liked it so i did it like twice more..very quickly couldnt eat or sleep without it.

17. you sound like a little kid, suck it up and move on. Sounds like you are coming off some unmentionables. It's all in your head bro. Most likely it isn't the weed giving you anxiety, you probably just have depression/anxiety and you are blaming it on weed. I hate to sound a little mean but you aren't the first one to blame weed on a much bigger problem.

18. Its a lot easier said by someone whos never been there. Everyones body is different and i had no clue that would happen to me as soon as i toked up. I had no problems prior to that. I was a muscle head MMA fighter with a career ahead of him. Smoked a few times, became addicted, lost 60lbs that month, and cant sleep without it now. Tough shit if someone thinks thats stuff that unmentionable addicts go thru. Its what happened to me and there isnt shit i can do. Ive tried stopping and from my previous post you know what happens.

19. I know some people get 'withdrawals' but I would imagine it's all in your head. After smoking daily for around 6 months I stopped for 3 weeks and felt absolutely nothing but I guess everyone will have a different reaction to stopping.

20. you got addicted to MARIJUANA after smoking it a few times. I've never heard of that happening before.