basic soil mix

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by goatroper57, Mar 28, 2015.

1. hello all newbie here
    and my first grow ever it will be outside but in 5 gl. buckets useing the wick system for watering  so thay can be moved if needbe my first question is i have lotsa horse crap  thats as fresh as today and as old as 8-10 years  and every day in between iam wanting to use that the oldest stuff looks like dark dirt and i have access to old and new rabbit poo so what would i mix with that for plants i have been reading so much on soil mix i dont know whats what so what    would work for my pocket book witch is about 25-30 bucks or so  so what can i use with the crap i got and i dont want all that fancy stuff just a basic mix  now mind ya i only got lowes and walmart for shopping at plus my second question i have some 5gl buckets that had hydrolic / tranny fluid in them i washed them out with lots of dish soap but i can still mell the fluid can i use them that way or can i just put a trash bag in them then use them would thay harm the plant what do ya think
    thank you all

2. No dec dont use the buckets and any organic soil i mix peat moss perlite blood meal bone meal and feed with so fish emulsion that turns out decent and relitivly cheap
    Deff dont use

3. #3 killset, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Buckets are cheap, get some new clean ones. Dish soap nor probably anything else will ever get those clean. The contamination will make its way into your soil, even with some ghetto trash bag fix. Don't risk it. I have a dead spot in my yard from spilling oil after an oil change last summer that still hasn't fully recovered. It will kill your plants too.

4. Nutrients can be found at the farm supply store. Other than that the only thing I'd go out of my way to get is 100 redworms to throw down after planting. The rest is knowledge and elbow grease.

The older the compost the better.