C99 vs The Ultimate - My 1st proper grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dildocannon, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Yeah, the whole thing and then do a dry trim. Some say it's easier than wet trimming but it looks to me like it will be a pain.

2. Nice, havent done either haha good luck with it. I havent really flushed my tree shouod I just try and give it extra water for a few days. Like really soak it?

3. If you're using organic nutes you don't need to flush. If you're using chemicals you;ll need to use a flushing agent or put it in the tub and flush the hell out of it...like several times the size of your pot.
    -
    I've always used organics so I just pull it whenever.

4. I have been using these a lot lately so I hope my but doesnt taste like seaweed haha im just going to over water today and maybe harvest tomorrow or saturday

Attached Files:

5. #165 killset, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
    If your trying to flush out nutes that's 1 thing. In the future I wouldn't personally water so close to the chop. Especially if you're harvesting tomorrow or the next day. You'll just end up with wetter bud to dry. I always lay off water the last few days. Flushing the medium the night before harvest probably won't remove much from the plant, just the soil

6. Cheers killset. I may just continue the flush today to get the nutes from the soil and then harvest when the soil dries wich shoukd be close to a week anyway

7. so I found some mold in one of the ultimate's buds :( I removed the bud and I read that if you put the bud in the oven on 300 for 15 minutes it kills most molds so I just got done doing that.

I checked over both plants couldn't find anymore mold in the buds but I did find tiny white mold spots on nearly every fan leave on my C'99 so I went to town defoliating her.

im assuming if there is mold in the fan leaves there would have to be mold spores on the buds but as I said I havent seen anything.

pray for my trichomes haha

Attached Files:

8. the mold in the ultimate bud was only on the surface underneath looked healthy as. so im hoping u found it early.

9. now the the c99 smells like sour licorice instead of sugary pineapple? is thia normal?

10. Hi, Dil
    -
    To me it looks like a spider mite web and their droppings [​IMG]
    -
    Of course I have no experience with either mold or mites; so I have no clue, lol
    -
    Pretty sure that mold starts from the inside and works it's way to the outside.
    -
    As far as the smell goes I only got a funky odor from rubbing the stems.
    -
    Oh, and I will never ever do a dry trim again....that shit was a pain!

11. well here to hoping it was just spider might web. but that doesn't explain the white dots in all the fan leaves that looks like powdery mildew. Either way its the last thing I want havinv put so much effort into this. my hypothesis for the smell is

- mold

- leaving the bud growing to long and its a natural smell.

- the soil/plant is still soaked from the flush changing the smell. and this will correct itself when dried/cured.

12. a mate and I are still going to smoke the bud that I put in the oven. so wish me luck
    im assuming it will taste shit from the oven but who knows

13. I've never really seen mold except for black mold which is more of a spore, and never magnified. And then I've seen mold on bread and cheese, lol
    -
    It never gets humid enough here to worry about mold on the plants, my main worry is heat that I cannot overcome and I may not get a decent harvest again until winter comes around.

14. Good luck, just don't judge the potency from that....probably lose some in the oven [​IMG]

15. im expecting the absolute worst from the oven bud and praying that the rest is fine. im paranoid that I have just fucked up my grow but I know it will all work out.

if I could change one thing I would have not untied my lst. it was too dense in there.

so in the future I will pay more attention to the humidity.

all a learning experience. So far I have been stoked with how I have gone with my 1st grow.

next time im just going to grow one plant at a time.

16. #176 dildocannon, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    so my scope finally arrived today. takes abit of getting used to. the trichomes look amazing under it. they are a mixture of clear and milky I didnt really see any amber maybe a few. I have read on other forums that c'99 has a habit of not turning amber? also the sour licorice smell is fading and the fruit is coming back

17. My C99 turns amber. As trics degrade they turn colors. Be patient.

18. I know they do I have just read that they can be hesitant. which is just somebodies opinion. im going to harvest on thrursday I think. have you had any experience with the smell changing like I have killset?

19. Ya quite a few strains I've grown change like that. I know exactly what you're talking about w/ the c99. I don't know the reasoning behind it, just 1 of those things that are interesting about each strain.

20. i suspect it has something to do with the saturation from the flush. because the fruity smell has come back. not totally but mostly. but I am a newb so could be anything.