Ex Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Comes Clean, Reveals HORRORS of Western Medicine.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Mar 28, 2015.

1. #1 DivineVictoryX, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    An ex-pharmaceutical sales rep has come clean after fifteen years of being in the drug pushing business. In her powerful book, Confessions of an Rx Drug Pusher, Gwen Olsen explains why she left her lucrative career selling drugs for some of the biggest names in the business – Johnson and Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Abbott Laboratories. Now she passionately advocates against the pharmaceutical industry, their unethical practices, and the hundreds of thousands of lives they lead to the grave. Gwen's eyes were opened through a gradual course of tragic events.

Continue Reading.... Below

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ex-pharmaceutical-sales-representative-comes-clean-reveals-horrors-of-western-medicine/5438950

2. #2 garrison68, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    I understand that this woman feels guilt about what happened to her 20 year-old niece, but it really isn't very common for somebody to douse themselves with lamp oil, and burn themselves alive, due to a dependency on painkillers they needed after an auto accident, which led her to take other prescribed drugs because the unmentionable affected her concentration.  You can't really blame the manufacturer for that, it was the doctors who screwed up - and sometimes people just go off the rails. What are they supposed to do, let everybody suffer and live in pain, because a small minority of people are not good candidates for certain drugs?   I did not read the book, and I'm sure that there's plenty of damning things against Big Pharma, but hey - They save many millions of lives, and provide many more benefits to a large number of people, as well.  

3. Interesting. I'm reading a book called Molecules of Emotion, and it dives in a few feet on the topic of how chemicals physically alter the state of a cell. She also talks about how scientist treat the industry as a game and who can beat who to the top. A lot of big pharma scientist have a goal of creating a inorganic chemical, or a ligand, as quickly as they can to be able to patent it and score tons of money off of it, before any of their competitors. Obviously such a rushed science experiment with little observation of negative effects to the human body can lead to some real shit outcomes in the future. Thankfully there are some people who post-maturely have a conscious break down and decide what they're doing is unethical and grow a pair of balls (ovaries in this case), and tell the public what they're doing is wrong. At any rate, I don't think anyone should touch these inorganic drugs, specially considering most people who take them are not chemists and don't understand what exactly it's doing to their bodies. The mind can heal more than modern science is willing to admit.

4. So she was making her living telling people how beneficial the drugs are and is now making money telling them how dangerous they are.  I wish I was that smart.  She can figure out how to make money off anything, even the death of her niece.

5. Pharma companies are pure evil.

I have a buddy whos father worked as a high level consultant for one of them (I know the name but will not post it,anyone who is familiar with pharma corps would know this name) He uncovered a very shady operation involving money laundering and possibly mexican mafia ties. His lawyer literally recommended he leave these guys alone as they could probably make him disappear. He bought a gun and moved to a small town. 

6. On the other hand, how much have pharms improved people's quality of life? How many life years have these big pharma devils given to humanity?

Sure theres corruption and youre pretty dim if you just take any drug without proper information, but to say that pharmaceuticals are pure evil or you should never take them is just bs.

Like all medicine, its a risk vs reward dynamic.

7. Just because someone writes a book telling it all doesn't mean a thing. She is just trying to sell her book to make money
    That's what a sales person has done
    I have worked for many crooked sales managers, breathing down my back to lie and sell. I sold, but I didn't lie and would always be on their bad side
    Sales people aren't generally going to tell you not to buy their product.

8. I worked for this restaurant few years ago, the owner was a ceo of a pharmaceutical company, he retired and opened a restaurant.
    He told me in a long conversation about his past life, how he loves hunting and then his past jobs.
    He says that pharm corporations will invest money into getting people sick, through medicine. He says the bottom line, 'we need more sick/ill people'. He said he couldn't live that life anymore and did show remorse.

9. What defines a 'safe' drug? It's partially true that there is no safe drug, in that no drug is without potential side effects. No drug only has the one effect on the body it's intended to do. But that doesn't mean that no drugs have a greater potential benefit than risk of negative effects by any stretch of the imagination.

And no shit clinical trials are done with new drugs. If they're intended for human use, they're obviously going to have be tested on humans at some point. Typically after proving to be effective in vitro and in vivo with lab animals.

She's using her niece's terrible experience with addiction as her main example, at least listed in this review. Appeal to emotion much? One person's drug abuse does little to prove that all drugs are useless and/or harmful. What happened to her is sad, but by no means common among people prescribed painkillers after an injury.

I'll agree that some psychiatrists are too quick to put patients on meds, especially children. But I'd like to hear about these fake diagnoses, and how she came to that conclusion. Is it really realistic for all psychological problems to be diagnosed via blood or urine tests? And while a few are studying and using it in psych patients, there hasn't been solid evidence yet that nuclear imaging is an effective method of diagnosing mental illnesses. Clinical depression can actually increase the C-reactive protein levels in your blood, just like heart disease, arthritis, IBD, etc. Though this certainly isn't definitive. Or perhaps people with inflammation leading to increased C-reactive protein are just more prone to depression?

The pharmaceutical industry definitely isn't perfect, but to act like western medicine is useless because of that is simply untrue. And remember, like others have stated, she's writing this book for the same reason she pushed those meds, $$$.

10. Pretty much this. We need to put some faith in doctors, but at the end of the day, you are still allowing something into your body nd have no clue how it works

-yuri
    ^^^
    Also this

-yuri

11. I listened to a joe rogan podcast the other day. He had on a guy named Andrew hill PHd who is a neurologist who practices in brain wave training to help all kinds of issues from insomnia to adhd
    Totally worth listening to

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. #12 Uncle_Meat420, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015

To be fair I'd call any big corporation pure evil. 

UPS, Pfizer, Apple....they are all the same. A bunch of assholes at the top fucking everyone for their own gain. Sure you might get your shit from amazon, your boner pills and your ipod....but how many people did these companies treat badly to get where they are? Answer: ALOT 

Obviously they render services. But at what cost? If you buy weed from a guy who kills people to get weed...arn't you just another cog in the killing machine?

13. #13 Deleted member 472633, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    The minute the pharmaceutical industry requested its own court system with advantageous rules. I knew there was a problem with American medicine, the Obama administration agreed to the special court by the way the Reagan administration the Republicans Jesus started the program.