2nd Season - the learning experience

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Organic_Disciple, Mar 28, 2015.

1. So is this some none scented straight dawn soap or what? I've read about it before but never took it seriously....Now I know

2. Sorry man I posted some pics that I didn't want to be up on the internet forever.

3. Go to Safeway, go to the dish soap isle, next to the dawn will be a clear bottle that says biodegradable and scent free, that's the one you want, regular dawn will work but the no scent and biodegradable one is way better for your plants.

4. What was the paper you receive? Where they just out checking your neighborhood. So did any neighbors get notices and have to remove plants? I'm glad to hear that you are good with your 8. I'm glad the cop is giving you 2 extra unless you have 2 cards. I'm happy that my clones are doing well for you. You see the mama plants. This year is pretty epic even with my setbacks. It seems no matter how long you grow, mistakes and setbacks seem to happen ever year. They are minor but the plants would be larger without them. Did you top dress with ewc to feed a good tea. The plants should be large enough to not have issues. There are only a few weeks left until flowering begins. Take advantage of it while you can. You can't go wrong with ewc, kelp and alfalfa meals. Maybe a little bit of high n bat guano of fish Emulsion, be careful not to use more than recommend because it can burn plants if used in excess. Don't be afraid to use it just follow the instructions on dosage rate. I think it's 1-2 tsp per gallon. I mix it with other sources of nitrogen and haven't had any issues so you'll be fine to use it on yours.

5. Now that's a fan leaf ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436218658.850204.jpg

6. I use ivory it's said to be gentler on the plants

7. #1027 Organic_Disciple, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015

8. So when everyone says flower begins in late July early august. are you guys referring to stretch? or will I be seeing actual bud formation?

9. Both a lot of plants start to stretch as flower begins.
    But yes end of July time starts to drop.

10. This topic is a huge pt of contention, because technically stretch IS part of flower but it's not flowering yet so when does it really start, answer: it's all opinion and when you consider begaining of flower. I say "budset" is the first day of flowering, that's after stretch the first day you can look at the top most nodes on the plant and say , "ya that's a little mini bud there" so depends. And every plant strain is different when they start to flower. But most start the the very end of July and begining of aug but still some others don't start til almost sept, so like I say depends greatly, and every plant and every location and every gardener will tell you different because it totally subjective. Haha you'll see what I mean in a few weeks

11. Yea I was definitely thinking it as two different things. But I guess when you look up strains flowering times it lists stretch as "stretch after flip". I can't wait man. Shits gonna be awesome.

Some strains as far as I know don't even show there true potential until stretch begins.

Anyone have pics of plants in mid July to as GH states "buset" OR how about mid July to finish . I'd like to get a outlook on what may be a head. Secondary cages most Def going up this weekend. LSD Bubba and XJ have been getting wild on me. LSD has turned into a different type of animal. Crazy plant.

12. Are you saying your LSD is flowering??

13. No not yet but her growth has been crazy the last week. . I've got to tame her.

Anyone want to chime in with experience with LSD and her stretch? From the way she has been growing I have a feeling she's going to flip the fuck out.

14. Better Rip N Kick it.

Mines doing fine, all even

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436240429.197014.jpg

15. I told you she grows funny, but not in a bad way. She grows like a vine and produces a lot of flowers. It's the saltiva in it. She will grow massive and has the ability to grow to be your largest plant. I believe she was an early finisher. Here's my LSD ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436249039.216715.jpg

16. Yea mine grew like this one. She is the largest plant. She's started to even out her canopy but initial growth was real lanky. Like she was searching for sun with no foliage lol. Like stretching your arms with no hands. K Labs is really nice and even looking.

17. So chem 4 has been funny since that flooding. Kinda droopy on lower growth and yellowing slowly and older growth. But before I jump to the conclusion that it's over watered should I hit with tea first and see if it corrects the problem and then let it wilt for water if it doesn't? Or the other way around. Let it wilt then water and tea?

18. Every 3rd day it's been getting ruffley 20 gallons of water. And on hot days it would get about 5 mid day like all the rest have and it's the only one with a problem.

19. Screwsjournal is back up.