2nd Season - the learning experience

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Organic_Disciple, Mar 28, 2015.

1. It will give you a solid start and hopefully you show us what you have learned.

2. Thank you. You and Drew both.

3. #43 Organic_Disciple, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    .....i had one of those up all night Chico nights......co-worker is moving to Hawaii on the 1st. Gave him a proper farewell.....

4. Just peeking in Josh. Good luck to you and your garden!

J

5. Oh snap Jerry is in the room. Dude is a great source of knowledge and will point you in the right direction.

6. Figured it was a good time to start going thru all my bookmarks and screen shots and make a nice little go to note book instead searching all thru my damn phone!

Attached Files:

7. Have you started to build your soil yet? Greenfire in Sac is having a 30% off sale on Apr 11. I need to make my list and pick up a few items. On another note the cuttings I took have just started to root. It's just the start so they should be ready next week. I like to let the roots get long and before they get planted into soil. I'll keep you updated. Also on the note of building soil check into GroKashi. Mikes got me interested in this stuff. It's $40 for two bag. You get free shipping with an order of $40 or more. Their is also BroKashi at lest that's what I think it's spelt. Both are similar products but the later is for composting. This will help build soil life in you new soil. It take 3 weeks to receive as they hand mix each batch, so the sooner you order the better. Remember the right soil make or breaks the plant. Soil life is just as important as the amendments that are in it.

What are your plans for pest control? If you can afford it I suggest getting an Hudson fogger. It spread solutions much better and using less than a pump sprayer. It is power by electricity and can fog from quite a distance. Just rinse it out after use and run plain water through it to keep it from plugging up. I even order praying mantis and ladybugs. I have even released lacewings into the garden. I'm really pulling for you this season and hope you have been doing and retaining your research. Anyways I'll keep you posted on your clones. I should have extras if you know anyone interested. Not sure how many or what strains as I am providing a bunch to Sgt and Zombie also.

8. I was thinking that if you changed your name from newbie to something else it might help make other respect you more. Just a thought. I think you need a moderator to change it but it could help how others treat you.

9. See I think he needs to earn a nickname, hmm what are we gunna call you?

10. I will have my soil mixed by the end of this month for sure. It's def coming up quick. The GroKashi is on my list for sure but have doing some research into some other alternatives much cheaper and just as rewarding.I'll post it as soon as I'm 100% confident in it.

As soon as soil is bought and I will be building a compost tea brewer and then after that I'm sure I will get a fogger. My IPM is scaring me a bit but I guess that will also keep me on my toes about it too. I had lost about 3 grams last season to cats but that's not saying much. There wasn't much to get! Lol. Anything and everything I can do I'm going to try and do. Brassnwood posted his weekly regime and I like it.

Whenever your ready I'll be ready. If you have extras I'll take them also. A close friend of mine was asking me for 6. I'll keep you posted on his garden too. He does good. He's a bottle feeder though lol.

After this season I may change my name to something more appropriate. But until then I'm still a solid noob. Lol. Let's see how this goes ;-). Thanks KI. I appreciate it. I know with people like you in my corner it's going to be hard not to. I hope all my research and bullshit pays off. Reading it and knowing it is one thing. Applying it is another. And im all in.
    Can I earn it first? The one I get right now I may not like too much lmfao

11. Are you saying I need to earn my nickname or Josh? I'm sure mine has been earned regardless if it's a good or bad thing. How about IAskDumbShit? Just kidding. Maybe young grasshopper, Dreamer, Cannabis disciple, pupil or something meaning student. Having the noob in you name is asking for issue IMO. But you know what they say about opinions; they are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

12. I should be able to help. Is your friend on GC? If so what their screen name if it not secret. I like to know where my cuts go. I'm kinda risking my name when I put things out there and like to follow how my plants do. It helps me improve on thing and compare each cut to its mother or sister. Help understand each strain. Just because a strain didn't get the highest mark in my garden it doesn't mean someone else with better lighting and a larger grow area won't have better luck. It also helps me gauge how well I'm doing. My biggest issue is the amount of shade from me neighbor Italian Cypress trees. I'm an ideal situation I would remove all their trees. Regardless I still get great results just not as well as it could be, but that's city living.

13. Not a GC member but I see him often. Like every weekend. So it wouldn't be hard to communicate between you to and I'll gladly post pics.

14. So I want to do a tea for the ladies. But idk if it's too soon. I want to do the kelp ,alf and crab meal at 1/4 cup per 5 gal....should I wait a couple weeks or is that mild enough to not fuck them off? I want to apply this Sunday and it will have been 2 weeks since planting.

15. I would make 10 gallons at that ratio. If you have liquid silica I would add some. It will help build strong cell walls which prevent branches from breaking so easy. It also helps with heat stress and drought resistance. I went through a gallon last year on 12 plants. It's a must have with the hot summers and strong delta winds.

16. couple of those cats at greenfire are straight up scammers. I avoid that place like the plague.

17. I have them price match

That's cool, just don't do any personal business with any of them. You'll still get fucked but not as bad. Carry on.

19. I was going to call him grasshopper_josh..

20. Shitlips