Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is The High Still Cinematic For You?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Black_Chamber, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Yeah, to a point I guess. I still get the emergency broadcast screen in my head.

2. Man, the good ole days!  One toke off some nasty brickweed was all it took.  Now it's gotta be top shelf, and even then it's not the same.  To feel high nowadays I have to really get in the right environment and mindset.  Mixing it up helps some, too, like edibles then vape etc.

3. Time for a t break

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. Yeah, I know exactly  what your talking about. My first few times smoking were the most intense. I actually started out smoking legit medical weed, but I didn't really realize how potent it was because I was new. But I remember it used to stick to my fingers and got me incredibly couch locked. I still love smoking, but I've never experienced that intense of a high again.

5. Oh man, when I first started toking my friends HATED smoking with me. I was that guy, the one who lost total control. Uncontrollable laughter and nonsense. Cinematic experiences...all that. And it was like that for me for a long time, not just the first couple. I started smoking at 15 and it probably took until I was around 17 before I would just smoke and chill. I remember my best friend always having to give me these lectures before we went somewhere about how I needed to relax and be cool, and if we went to a store or restaurant or whatever I wasn't allowed to do any of the talking with the employees haha.

Most memorable high ever: I must have been 16, my best friend lived a tree farm and his dad was a huge hippy and had a little "tree" farm concealed within his tree farm. So that's what we always smoked, at the time I didn't know the difference but looking back I'd say it was just some pretty decent weed grown casually for personal use. Well one day we were at my house and had no ride to the farm, and we're out of the free farm bud that my friend had brought with him. So we had to find it from someone in my neighborhood, wound up getting it from some guys who were going to a Wu Tang concert that night. I just remember it being so different than what we'd always smoked. It was soooo sticky, and I was weirded about by all the red hairs on it because his dad's home grown wasn't like that. We smoked it out of a homemade gravity bong in my garage. we went to go hang out in the woods after we smoked and by the time we got there I was fucking annihilated. I just felt like I was floating in the air above myself controlling my body on puppet strings. Everything sounded farther away, and there was a constant air flow sound in my ears. Like if you put your ear to a sea shell and they say you can hear the waves of the ocean but it's really just air swirling through the shell, that's what it sounded like. There was some graffiti carved into a tree and when I tried to read it the letters were moving and changing shape a little, and when I looked at a steep hill covered in leaves the hill started to look like a vertical wall and there were patterns forming in the leaves. We decided eventually to walk into town to get something to eat of course, and my friend practically had to lock his elbow with mine to keep me upright and moving at the same pace. I was like the guy who got too drunk at a party. As we got into town another person was walking toward us on the sidewalk, and it turned out I couldn't handle seeing other people because I started losing my shit laughing at this guy when he got close to us. He got annoyed and was like "HEHEHE!" all sarcastically at me then said "...Ya dumb little fuck!" as he passed. Hahaha.

That was 12 years ago and I've never even come close to being that high again. Even when I smoked the same bud again the next day. It was probably a combo of youth and inexperience, the gravity bong and the fact that we had already smoked the other weed a couple hours prior.

• Like Like x 1
  6. its not amazing like it used to be if i just smoked, back in the day i would just laugh and laugh and laugh. now a days i gotta do like 3 dabs or eat some edibles to get that same feeling but i will love smoking always. i dont try to do to many dabs or edibles only on a special occasion because idk what i would do if i built a tolerance to that high of thc. that would succck

7. Would you say you're "earhthbound" on the comedown of a low tolerance high?

8. We all know what you mean OP. First time I smoked the right way and got high, it was like tripping. I could feel like the soundwaves from the music playing. You know how when Sonic runs he leaves that trail behind him,[​IMG] well everytime I'd move I felt like Sonic, not moving that fast, but as if I had a trail like that. When I closed my eyes, I saw patterns, man I was getting super duper high. Even now when I take T breaks, I can still get super baked but it's just me feeling lazy/funny/tired as fuck, nothing compared to like back then. I just do psychedelics now.

9. I've never been able to hone in on a decent adjective until I saw your post. Cinematic. Thank you. I'm not certain what a lot of you do as far as hobbies go, I know for me personally, making music while under the influence of oil, I have taken myself to some other worldly realms...I suppose there is some relationship to constant mental stimulation and the cinematic out of body experience I can simultaneously indulge myself in.

10. I definitely miss being able to take two hits from a pipe and just fucking lose it. I used to be able to close my eyes and feel like I'm flying away with the music in my headphones. I would completely forget where I was at and what I was doing. But the downside was that I was always anxious and paranoid and couldn't be social or go anywhere.

Now that I have a higher tolerance, I have to smoke buttloads more to get even remotely close to that first high BUT I can function normally and talk to people and do things. So that's a fair tradeoff, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Well put. I can agree with that. I definitely miss that feeling of childlike glee however it is nice that now people don't think I'm extremely annoying when I'm high around them

12. Yeah I definitely don't miss letting my friends down with my paranoia when they were craving dennys lol. Its nice to be able to answer my phone when my parents call and have a coherent exchange of words :p

13. I've been smoking daily for 3 years , so that amazing "cinematic" everything is like a movie type high doesn't happen anymore. My body / mind are adapted to weed and i feel i get to a point where i can't get higher no matter if i smoke more or dab. I just am content with the high i still get and that i am able to be really high while still looking normal and being able to go out my daily errands. Tolerance does have its good side , kinda :) haha

14. My first time was like that, then it just stopped until like a week ago. I got so crazy blazed that driving around I swear to god, I was playing fat cry 4, watching myself drive around.

I guess it all depends in the bud, because Friday I smoked this weird bud and it was a completely different high then normal, just giggles and a tipsy feeling, idk.

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's a cool way to put it...
    I feel like I forget about my future and past... Time seems slower than ever but when I think back to remember the time that passed it feels like it went by fast... Then I'm all like....

Wat.

16. I've been on a t break for a couple years, a GC break even longer until a few months ago. When I first picked back up my god it was amazing. Now it's to where I can go to work and enjoy myself without anyone knowing. I think I like it better this way, but those were some good nights.

17. Not at home, but when I go out my mind is still blown at times.

For instance I've lived in the same town my entire life and it's a few yrs over 400 yrs old. My entire life I didn't realize how beautiful the old quarters were until I walked around high. My, sober, friend who was with me the first time I realized this became increasingly annoyed by how often I wanted to stop and stare at the old buildings

He didn't know I was high until we walked past a cemetery and I saw a headstone that read 1769-1796 and I was like "WOW tht guy lived to be 100!". Then I had to confess tht I was high to save face

So yeah I still have my "Goddamn WOW" moments but they don't come as easy and conveniently as when I first started

18. Lmao at the "that guy lived to be a hundred!"

I deal cards now, decent money. My best story like that is one night we were closing a table and they wanted me to run down the rack. So I count down the 20,000$ we had in $500 chips. Look at the shift boss who is doing the paperwork and said "22,200."

The problem was I couldn't say I was high to save face, especially with there being no way to get anything ending in $200 out of $500 chips.

19. You can't just say that and not finish the story.

20. Where my name comes from... when I first start smoking, the highs were definitely Cinematic, like an HD movie, thus me coining the herb/my alias as "The True HD"... haven't been at that level in a while, but currently on a 5-6 month tbreak so hopefully when I smoke those 1st few joints when back on, it's movie time!