Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is The High Still Cinematic For You?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Black_Chamber, Mar 28, 2015.

1. I use 'cinematic' because I can't think of another word to describe it. when I first started smoking, I would get so high that it would feel like I was watching myself in a movie and everything was playing itself. nowadays I still get a 'cinematic' feeling from my high, like a slightly heightened sense of reality, but nowhere near how it used to be. I kinda miss that

2. Embrace the new. You have reached the next level of marijuanas.

3. Yeah i know what you mean i wish i still got highs like that but they arent nearly as intense. Problems of a daily smoker

Sent from my pooper to your home

4. congratz, you have now reached the the level of tolerance that allows you to go anywhere stoned and as long as your dont smell or have red eyes no one can tell. 

5. I haven't smoked weed and got that feeling in a long time, I remember everything used to look like a hd cartoon everything enhanced. Cheers

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

6. Right? Fucking low tolerance highs man those are the days. It's a really low level version of an out of body experience. Usually occurs from other stuff but it's sooooo great when it happens from weed.

7. i get this feeling when i smoke outdoors usually but not inside in the winter

8. I lose that cinematic feeling when I have been smoking too much too often and your tolerance goes up. If you have a break you can get it back :) that is if you want to ofcourse ;) or smoke a lot more than usual.

9. I've been smoking for 15 years and the last time I felt that way was....

well....

15 years ago, lol.

Even after taking a couple tolerance breaks I still did not feel the "cinematic" effect.

10. For me that's probably the saddest part of becoming a more seasoned stoner. You lose that sense of feeling delightfully overwhelmed from your high.
    I know a lot of people prefer to just relax and unwind which is the type of high that most people who have been smoking for a while get. But those first few highs man... Nothing like it in the world. Feeling as if at any moment, that intense, heart hammering high would just seize control. I'm assuming that's the "cinematic" high your referring to.

What sucks is that you can never get it back after a while. Regardless of whether or not you take a t break, it's not the same. You can get pretty damn close to emulating it, but you're still a significant notch away from that innocent virgin lunged noob who was blown away by being stoned for the first time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

11. Yeah, when I vape or switch to edibles, it's like a cinematic view from a director's perspective, cause you're analyzing and observing. There's a way, you can reset your dopamine receptors very low, but I can't say, cause of the rules. PM if you want to know.

12. I always likened it to being at an 3D IMAX theatre but full 360 degrees. I only get like this when I get "too" stoned like unable to function properly. It's still kinda "cinematic" with normal highs, but easier to control. I think with experience, plus tolerance, it's still there but seems less intense. If you wanna feel that way again, just take a t-break then smoke too much afterwards.

13. The marijuana high for me is always a trip; it's far different than, say, drinking alcohol which always relaxes me. I need a good set and setting. Preferably at home, at night watching TV or on the internet or listening to music. It's not a social drug for me, it's an introspective thing. During that first 15-20 minutes I might feel some anxiety, but it quickly passes. Because of that anxiety, I want to be in control of my set and setting.

First got high in 1968, I was 16. Those first two or three times were quite intense. And if you look back at the quality of that weed, we would smoke at least a joint just to get high. The THC level was not that great. I bought stuff from friends of friends, and it was usually full of seeds and stems.

So don't lament the "good old days". I enjoy these strains I get from the recreational weed stores in Colorado. I don't consider the price all that high, because it takes less to get the desired effect, and I appreciate the fact that I can just walk into a store and legally purchase top-shelf pot.

The "good old days" are here and now!

14. #14 UniqueGrass, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    Yeah, I'm cinematic and dreamy when I'm high, with a tingling of my entire crown chakra.

I wish I had that 'hallucinating' high still though, you know when you get great pareidolia from trees and carpets, maybe wood patterns

15. I don't know man, I still get high & the full effects everytime I smoke. Smoking for years, multiple times a day, but tolerance doesn't seem to be an issue for me. I still get cinematic and baked everyday, regardless.

16. It has happened once in the past couple of years. All it took was absurd quantity and a strain that was much more sativa-dominant than I'm used to.
    I don't have binocular vision and one of the coolest effects of smoking early on is that I felt like I could see in 3D when normally I can't tell real life from an HD photo. I haven't gotten that feeling in years.

17. Ha so true. When I started to smoke again a year or so back I had to be alone or in a comfortable setting with friend. If I went to the gas station by myself I was super paranoid I'd say something dumb. Now days after smoking daily for a year I could go anywhere. I could even pull off a parent teach conf with my kids teacher at school and no one have a clue. Just don't ask me to remember shit. If I am buzzed my memory sucks potatoes.

- Word. True dat! ✌️

18. im sure your kids love when you go to parent teacher confernces high, must make it wayyy smoother to hear the news if they are a troublemaker  lol 

19. I remember when I first smoked, and when I was still a new stoner, my high felt like I was in a cartoon. The best way to describe it was like I was in the opening scene of Juno. Lmao. XD Sadly tho I dont get high like that anymore. Back then I would smoke reggie. Now I dont smoke anything but dro. I get some really danky shit and I smoke daily. If im not at work or in class. I do get super stoned still, but not like the "Juno" days lol.
    Like this shit

Attached Files:

20. I had my tolerance built up super high and it didn't have that sparkle anymore, but I smoked with some friends the other day, and I was blasted. Always good to take a tolerance break sometimes.