Harry Reid out, Chuck Schumer in as Senate leader?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fizzly, Mar 27, 2015.

At least you make it clear where you stand, and that you're in favor of privatizing the roads.  

2. What miniscule percent of taxes are spent on roads?

I think most people would voluntarily pay a tax for roads at a local level, where the contractors would be held accountable. Well strictly speaking all taxes are voluntary.

3. Most people hire accountants and work really hard in order to avoid paying taxes.  Can't see the voluntary model working too good.  Because I live in the country, I hear stories about people who use shared roads (easements) to access their homes and properties and when it comes time for maintenance of said road, lots of conflict abounds - who used it most, who broke it first, etc.  Not in every case, but in many of them.  Same goes for shared wells.

If you think we live in a litigious society now, I can only imagine what it would be like in a large, voluntary system.  I'm guessing gridlock.

I could be wrong.

lol, i just looked it up but it looks like dick durbin is conceding to schumer. 
    i was just basing it off of the fact that the whip usually replaces the leader. my bad.

how old would you say i am, in your estimation?