Calling girls

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by sharkwave540, Mar 27, 2015.

1. #1 sharkwave540, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I've been wondering for a while if anyone still actually calls a girl just to talk after getting a number? I'm 24 years old, and I personally don't see a reason to call a girl to get to know them since I could set up a date instead, then again... I don't have much experience as I've only had a couple of girls since I was around 15.

I did text/call my long term ex-girlfriend but we were together since we were teenagers and we were really close when we were adults so it didn't matter, but meeting a new girl in your 20s, calling her seems almost juvenile. The only times me and another girl would call each other now was usually when giving out directions or details on an upcoming event. I try to never initiate unless it's necessary so I'm not going to text her out of the blue going "yo".

I just want to know what you all do so I can better myself

2. A long and interesting conversation over the phone is the best way of seeing if I have genuine chemistry with someone.

Dates are more about seeing if there is physical chemistry so you can't really lose yourself in conversation as easily.

3. The only time I call is to set up the next date. I leave conversations for when we're in person. I don't have time to sit there talking on the phone when I can be doing better things. 

4. I don't mind calling girls but sometimes it can be difficult coming up with topics, especially when distracted. Mainly stick to texts because it's easier to think of what you want to say before you say it. But text isnt always the way to go. Sometimes, just them hearing your voice can be something they highly enjoy. So I try to find a balance between both if I'm interested in someone but mainly text. 

5. The only times ill talk to a girl on the phone is
    1. Setting up a date
    2. They call me to talk (pre dating)
    3. We are already dating and then it's whatever usually I'll have plenty to talk about. (remember to slip in a 'just wanted to hear your voice' once in awhile they love that.)

I'm definitely more of a feed off the situation and surroundings kind of person and influence that into my conversation. Hard to do over the phone.

Plus im a sarcastice fuck so not being able to see their reaction doesn't work in my favor until they get to know and love my wonderful personality.