Weed And Christianity?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by burnout007, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Who needs a degree when you can use google?

2. Youth group was years ago man.

What does a degree have to do with anything? It's a piece of paper saying you spent a lot of money and time studying a subject. Congratulations.

Come back with something defending your argument instead of saying I'm wrong and you have a degree.

You aren't really paying much attention to what you're writing here, chief.  You said I was ignorant, so I told you that I had a degree in the topic you were currently being 0wn3d in. As you say, that shows that I spent a lot of time and money STUDYING THIS SUBJECT. The one you think I am ignorant in. The one that you have obviously spent relatively very little time studying.

I have read versions of your bible that you've never heard of, with interpretations you've never seen or heard of. I've read various versions of your bible multiple times. And I can tell you that everything you're spouting is relative nonsense. It's great that you have a faith in a religion. Don't get me wrong there. Believe whatever you will about whatever you want. But don't come around like you know everything and just post copy and pasted information from youth group websites. It shows your own ignorance on it all.

4. He said we could eat the fruit tho I thought.

You mean the apple from the tree of knowledge?

That was strictly forbidden by God.

Eating it is why God kicked us out of the Garden of Eden.

6. Your name is trippy to me right now but I thought after he kicked us out he said it didn't matter if we ate the fruit anymore

I never heard that before.

Do you happen to know what bible verse suggest that?

8. I thought there was a verse. I can't find one. I guess I imagined it...

9. The fruit is a metaphor id say

10. Of course it is. The bible is full of metaphors

11. You confused me by saying it didnt matter if we ate the fruit anymore

12. Oh sorry I was metaphorically speaking

13. Ass is being handed on a platter.

14. #34 cyr-grow, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Lol not really. All he is saying is he has a degree. Still has yet to come back with anything proving his belief is fact and mine isn't. Quite entertaining if you ask me. He's getting all worked up by me talking about my belief and giving info on the matter.

You have other options renaldow, ya know? Like not responding to what I say or just ignoring me. Or, you could actually give me something to work with edited. Not that hard to do.

To chime in on if it's wrong for christians to partake in smoking/ingesting weed.
    Gen 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
    Mark 7: 18-20 And he said to them, “Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?” (Thus he declared all foods clean.) And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him.
    Gen 9:3 "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."

That's because I'm not trying to force my belief on you or take yours away from you. I've called you on your ignorance of what you're arguing, that's all. I do not believe I've even stated a belief system for myself, and I see no reason to do so as it's not part of it. Like I said above, that's great that you believe in a religion. But if you're going to evangelize, you really need to know what you're talking about. Copying and pasting other people's work doesn't cut it, especially when it's out of context.

Summary: Your points are meaningless because you don't know enough to make a point.

16. #36 cyr-grow, Mar 30, 2015
    M

17. #37 cyr-grow, Mar 30, 2015
    You haven't called me on my ignorance. Where have you corrected me in any fashion? I'm not pushing my belief on anyone or evangelizing. I'm giving information on the topic and subtopics that come up. How could I quote the Bible for you if I don't copy and paste? Or post the works and studies others have done before me so you can understand my logic? Do you not study and take into account other people's studies and findings when they're belief is like yours? Or use their findings in your argument for your belief? Edited What I posted that you commented on had everything to do with how I responded to the op I was responding too.

18. #38 jmick, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    cyr-grow, said:
    You have other options renaldow, ya know? Like not responding to what I say or just ignoring me. Or, you could actually give me something to work with instead of being a little bitch. Not that hard to do.

Calling someone a "little bitch" for having a different opinion than you do isn't a very christian thing to do, is it?

19. @Cyr

Please read the forum guidelines. If you have and remember them, understand this;

Learn to debate without getting emotional. Name calling and disrespect does not fly here in the City.

If you get heated, sit back and cool off. Choose your words wisely to make your point without the childishness of taunts etc.

20. cyr-grow, you're kind of off the rails and seem like there's a lot going on in your mind. I don't think I deserved being called a little bitch, and I don't think that's something you really meant. I forgive you for that, but I think maybe it's showing that you are way too emotionally charged here. As I've already stated, I do not care what your religious beliefs are, nor do I wish to change them in any way. I have only pointed out that you copied and pasted your argument from websites made for youth groups.Anyone who can use google can search using words from your posts to find those pages. That's all I did.

If you would like to have an honest, serious discussion about any of this, feel free to PM me. I'm always interested in and open to hearing original thoughts that haven't been taken word for word from children's websites. But to be honest, while I forgive you I'm not sure that you are able to have an unemotional conversation.