oil rig not milking

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by dhoe1, Mar 27, 2015.

1. #1 dhoe1, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    hello fellow blades. i have an oil rig with a glass nail (like 10mm tops) and a vapor dome and it wont get me milky hits.. i even tried low temp carbing it. but idk whats wrong. i bought a ceramic nail(18mm) aswell but it doent fit on my rig so if i use that i have to use it out of a regular bong.
    any help greatelly apprecciate your advise.
    idk if this vid work im not the best with instagram hah
    Edit: also i have been putting some bho over a bowl of nug idk if thats kess effectice/. and help would be greatyly appreciated

https://instagram.com/p/0AmYksDcvv/

and  a pic of the rig and the 18mm and 14mm ceramic. (fits both sizes)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. #2 invinciblejets, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    What do you mean not milky? Like it doesn't produce any vapor at all?
    Hope you don't exactly it to milk like a flower bowl ....Id say buy an attachment for your ceramic nail to use on your rig glass nails are junk.

Also why is you joint black? Are you heating the joint rather than the nail?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. hmm ok, or do you think it would b better to get a titanium nail that will fit my o rig, or is cermaic better? also 1 last question. putting oil ontop of my bowl ofbud does that work just as good. thankks for the reply

4. haha obv not invincile.. its actually oil that melted down and that didnt get vaporised cus i coudlnt get the nail hot.
    i have a propane torc now tho lol, but fornow is it betterto put it ontop of a bowl? thank youu
    . any help is appreciated. thisi is a new rig so i just gott get used to it. but i think i might get qa titanium nail

5. Titanium and ceramic comes down to preference in weird and like ceramic but it's up to you.
    Oil on top of bowl is generally a waste as it does not vaporize the oil it just melts and sticks to the bowl.

Propane torches are also not the best they burn hotter than butane and eat threw the coating on nails faster.

6. i am hopefully gonna try to get a new stainless steal today thanks man. not to change the subject but does putting some ontop of bud on a bong bowl work good? worse or better?  thank you Dhoe

7. Don't buy a stainless steel nail for fuck sakes!

God!

And yeah you can melt some errl on the bowl for now.

Idk if that's a 10mm though

8. when you get the oil on the nail, plug your dome with your finger.

and it looks like you've been smoking flowers out of that piece, I would keep em separate so your oil doesnt taste like shit

9. #9 thehighkite, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    DO NOT put your oil on buds. It's a waste. You have a rig, use that.
    Edit: you can put it on while the bowl is cherrying like mid hit. You'd need a pretty big lung capacity though.

10. woops hah asorry i was super duoer when i was typing.i meant titanium lol, idek if they make stainless steal nails. but i just bought a new titanium and it get super milky compared to my glass or ceramic even low temp dabbing with my glass nail and vapor dome. ive tried melting the dabber above the bowl pack and it melts allover the bud then light the nug with the oil all on it.. that works good if you have no rig but now that i just bought this titanium its soo much better. ive tried quartz and i didnt like them as much as titanium, but titanium can be up to $80. just takes a few hits to season it. all personal preference but imo titanium>quartz>ceramic>glass nail w/ vapor dome>glass nail
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Clean your piece

12. my piece is pretty clean.

13. Not if its the same as the pic.

14. Whenever someone gets an oil rig, I always recommend to get rid of the glass nail that the shop always includes. Don't even bother heating the damn thing up. Just go and get a Titanium or quartz nail. You will save yourself some wasted dabs and the butane, as well as some heartache. Personally, I am really liking this Quartz nail I just got, and I plan on buying a reclaim catcher for my rig. Instead of having all that gunk in my rig, it will be gathered into a nice little vial for use in edibles or gel caps.

15. You quoted the wrong person, my man. I never posted a pic of my piece.

16. Clean that mother fucker please.

Sorry if it was mentioned, but are you dabbing while nail is bright red?

17. Haha! I sure did.

My bad lol

18. no worries