Why dont we use funny instead of lol

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 281310, Mar 27, 2015.

1. #1 Deleted member 281310, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    or hilarious instead of lmao
    hysterical for lmfao
    and shuckle for ha

Why did we start shortening our written language and adopting an internet lingo that only speeds up a process of communication that has already been sped up by 1000% in the past two decades? I think we might be losing more then gaining by promoting this behavior.
    Maybe i need to cut back on the internet.

2. #3 TheMixer, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    because typing shuckle sounds wack as fuck lol

3. Because "lol" is easier to type than 'funny" and most folks are lazy!

4. I very rarely even use lol. "haha" feels more old fashioned to me, and I consider myself to have a much older soul than most people I converse with [​IMG]

5. It all about the teehee

6. Lqtm.. Laugh quietly to myself

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Hmmm no, it's not the same.

8. I can't physically say lol in real life I just say that's funny. so I'm not going to bring that over to the interwebs just to be called a fool.

9. Happy birthday, fool!

10. lol

omg lol wtf?

Had to google what a shuckle was. 

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shuckle_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

It's a pokemon LOL 

As far as your point, languages change throughout the ages. Have you ever told someone "thats cool" instead of "jolly good form"? 

13. All the cool kids use "lol".

What kind of square says, "that was funny".

You sound like a robot.

14. the dude said shuckle....[​IMG]

15. I once had a supervisor who thought "LOL" meant Lots of Love.

She sent out an email notifying staff of a coworker who passed away, and the last line in the otherwise well-written message was "LOL."

16. Did everyone LOL about it afterwards?

17. I remember reading the message (I already knew about the news for a while) and immediately started walking through the office, waiting to see what the reaction from everyone else would be.

As you could imagine, there were a lot of gasps and "how could this happen?" sort of chatting going on, and then people saw the last line. Things got really quiet for 30 seconds or so, and then one of the guys in marketing just starts yelling at the top of his lungs, "Are you fucking kidding me?! Are you fucking kidding me! Seriously, I don't know what the fuck is going on here."

In the end, everyone was rounded up in a conference room for an official announcement and apology about the "LOL."

While walking back to my office, I overheard the best thing said all day: "Let's hope she isn't helping the family with burial arrangements, or we might get to the funeral and see Happy Cat on the gravestone."

Don't get me wrong, the death of my coworker was very sad, but the use of "LOL" in that email completely removed the possibility of a somber moment in the office that day.

18. cos typing "lol" is a little bit easier then "funny"