Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Canna oil, brownies.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by xKushxSmokerx23, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys, making my first batch of brownies next week. Have a few questions mostly about the decarbing part of the weed.

-will 9g of dank be enough?
    - decarbing your weed in the oven on 220 for 30 minutes is that done before you grind up the weed and put it in the sauce pan with the oil for 45 minutes or...? Really confused on whole decarb part please help!
    - any suggestions and or tips for my first time? Definitely want most potent I can make them! Thanks for any help

2. Decarb can/will take place during the cooking process.  Decarbing is defiantly ideal, 220 for 30 is spot on.

Never used sauce pan...I always used a slow cooker.   But melt/heat butter/oil, add finely ground marijuana...keep marijuana submerged in butter/oil and stir as often as possible.  (I am for 4 hours cook time, no decarb) Simmer for 1+ hour, strain and add to any recipe calling for butter/oil.

You can leave butter/oil in fridge(unstrained) for long periods of time and heat/strain at a later date(this may increase potency).

3. But I'm still confused.. Do I bake it for 30 minutes take it out grind it all up, then put it in the oil an let it simmer for 45 minutes? Or if I'm using the pan do I not need to bake the weed first, just put it in the pan and simmer for 45 min?

4. So
    Step one- 220f for 30 min bake weed in covered container
    Step two- remove, grind up
    Step three- pour oil in pan and slowly add weed
    Step four- stir for 45-1hr
    Step five- bake brownies as normal.
    IS that correct? I'm sorry I'm just trying to be clean and make the first batch good.

5. "Put it in a pot on the stovetop and hope it's the right temperature" doesn't sound like a good method, no. I get better results from a slow simmer using a crock pot or double boiler. dankness420 made the same suggestion, but you ignored him too. ;)

Did you read through the "sticky" threads at the top of this sub-forum? Lots of good info there, and then you will not be so "confused". :)

6. I did read through them. I don't have a slow or double cooker, that's why I said i am doing the pan cause it was the only other option :/. I didn't ignore him, trust me I'm looking for all the good info I can get!

I wouldn't just put it on "whatever" temperature, it would be a low simmer until the oil gets nice and dark.

7. You can make an improvised double boiler out of a saucepot and a bowl. Or you can pick up a slow cooker for $5 at a yard sale. Or you can use an oven with a temperature control. Don't give up so easily (especially when you are asking us to donate time to help you).

You said you want the "most potent" brownies, and we are trying to help you achieve that. So far nobody has agreed with you that "simmer in a saucepan on low for 45 minutes until it gets dark" is a reliable/scientific technique.

Here is a link to the "most potent" recipes on grasscity, in my opinion/experience. This is one of the most popular discussions on GC with almost 1.2 million views: http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html