How long will humans survive into the future?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 27, 2015.

1. I mean why go on about A.I. and not I.A.

Trans-humanism here we come!

2. maybe an AI can figure it out

-yuri

3. Like desperate salmon swimming up stream.

I'mma panda. Eating bamboo on the side of a mountain.

4.  I see to the future as a "Tomorrow Land" where only intelligent people with vested interest in a united utopic society live.

I can dream.

5. #25 Transcend, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    A computer with problem solving skills higher than us would theoretically have a conscience. That can in turn become a really scary scenario. I think half of our problem to begin with is that we rely on computers so much so that we're using them for wrong reasons. It's amazing that the first thing people think to do is flee our planet and let robots that are smarter than Stephen Hawking take care of us while the rest of the miracle of life on earth dwindles. Destroy, flee, survive. Why not recreate, save, nurture. Amazing what the monetary system and greed have turned this world into.

6. Several generations give or take..

7. Yeah let's get computers to think for themselves, Terminators post apocalyptic world here we come!

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

8. mmmm...AI gods...cant wait.... -_-

Looking pretty much like we'll exterminate ourselves before that happens anyway...

I bet the govt already has some secret set-up out in space for when that shit gets cranked up

9. you picked the endangered species?

-yuri

10. Well be around for quite some time. To many of us now to exterminate us entirely unless some unusual circumstances like a Texas sized rock from space slams into us.

Expect a doubling to 20-30 billion by centuries end. Expect every single acre of land to be mined, utilized, farmed for our survival. Most animals will probably be eliminated. Water sources gone for the most part....water will be sustained via desalination.

Expect continuous wars over resources, water. In fact out of the 150-160 countries very few are not in conflict now in some form.

Think this won't happen look at us now with 7 billion humans. Its a total mess. Interesting show on Discovery Channel was on talking about how to deal with this future since there are things we do not realize that will impact us. New York City for example in 2050 will have so many people that 3 out of 4 trucks will have to be carrying food to simply feed the projected numbers.

Anyhow expect our survival. We have a knack for it. .

11. Given the increasing success at raping the oceans,  I'd say chances are quite slim.

12. Humanity will survive everything

13. Well Decoy, we have made it one more week now. Woot!

14. Anyone watch the remade Battlestar Galatica. They talk about it in various episodes but the AI they created spread everywhere resulting in a devolving of there tech. They use non networked computers, simpler tech in many ways since the Cyclons can infiltrate anything.

15. It depends on if we can get along and not blow ourselves up before we reach type III civilization status. If we can make it that far, we will never go extinct.

16. 42. Don't you know? That's the answer to all of life's questions.