Milks Perpetual Coco Tent

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by tallglassesofmilk, Mar 26, 2015.

1. #1 tallglassesofmilk, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    :yay: :hello: :yay:

I decided to begin a new chapter on Grasscity since I've made a few changes since starting my last thread. I hope to become successful with breeding some new select strains and I hope you'll follow along and enjoy the ride! :metal:

I've moved away from using a scrog net as I found it to be a tiny bit difficult to maintain an even canopy in my tent (8x4). I will now be running a perpetual with a goal of adding 1-2 plants per week every week, sizes ranging from 2-7 gallon springpots using coco coir and perlite at a 1:1 ratio.

Each week I'll showcase the plant I will be adding to flower and eventually show the plant that will be harvested each week as well.

Currently, we have 2 males and 3 females in the flower tent and will be placing a new female in the tent this coming Monday. I'll list all strains I am running and all seeds I've got my hands on below once I've finished jabbering my face off lol.

My veg space is small, about 4 feet wide by 2 feet deep and 3 feet high. I run a 400 watt high pressure sodium bulb to keep plants stretching and moving quickly rather than a metal halide which I use in flower. This makes for less leaf and taller plants, faster. I just replaced the bulb about a week back and will continue to use hps in veg because it works! For seeds and clones, I use a 4x23 watt 6500k/2700k cfl setup. I give them as much time in this light as they need until I either have enough space to move them to the hps or until I feel they are strong enough to handle it.

The flower area consists of 2 metal halide 1000 watt cool tube reflecfors and 1 8x4 tent. None of what I use is name brand because I've done all this on the cheap and plan on continuing to do so.

I use the H3ad formula for coco, recommended by @Ironhead, who I consider to be somewhat of a master at coco coir growing. This formula uses general hydro flora series micro and bloom with one gram of Epsom salt per gallon. This keeps the nutrient profile in the range we look for when growing cannabis and I've loved using the formula simply because it works! (Its cheap too!) I always use tap water, never anything else.

There are a few other products that deserve a mention before I move on to the strains.. When transplanting, cloning and starting seeds, I always add a generous portion of Bioag's VAM endo mycorrhizal powder. This help to colonize mycorrhizae and maintain a healthy rhizospehere. Yes, even with bottled nutrients this does make a big difference, trust me, I've done the research.

I also add about .3-.5ml humic shale concentrate from Mad Farmer out of lake forest, CA. This helps with nutrient uptake. I never spray them with it, don't see the need.

Once per week, I substitute the humic acid for B1 (Mad Farmer Bee One) at .5ml to keep everything moving quickly and also help with nutrient uptake.

Eventually I plan on trying pk boosters such as rock resin8r and a carb product such as floralisious plus but for now, what I've mentioned above is all I use the entire life of the plants. Seed/clone to harvest.

The strains (in no particular order, seeds and current plants):

Master kush
    Minion city diesel
    G45
    Kraken
    Halo
    Nocturnal
    Emdog
    Thundercat OG
    Mamba OG
    Cali OG
    Critical Kushberry
    Hubba Bubba
    Bluebonnet Kush
    Bluebell Wreck
    AmherstSD x Blueberry Headband
    AK47

Right now we have CKB, Halo and Master kush females in flower with a TCOG and MCD male. I plan on breeding these two strains to all three females, one branch per male. I will be saving the pollen for further breeding as well.

Cheers! Hopes are high for the future of this breeding and I look forward to your input! I'll get some pictures of the strains up asap, lights in the flower tent come on at night.

-MILK

2. Hubba Bubba
    IMG_0287.jpg

BBW
    IMG_0290.jpg

G45
    IMG_0285.jpg

MCD
    IMG_0274.jpg

TCOG
    IMG_0272.jpg

AK47
    Screenshot_2015-03-26-16-12-54.png

Master Kush
    Screenshot_2015-03-26-16-13-13.png

Halo, Kraken, Nocturnal, CKB in veg
    IMG_20150323_225842.jpg

3. Glad to see ya here first homie! Its like a good luck omen lol.

4. Subbed brother :smoke:
    ~ poke
    Hey dude thanks for the warm welcome on instagram bro :)

I still gotta figure it out, was using an emulator to upload pics on my desktop computer. No idea how or where to apply hashtags man.

5. Oh you're on there? I must go find ya :bolt:

6. Im "therealpokesmot247"

Emulated.....haha

7. I wrote up a mini tut on how the tags work.. Lemme see if I can find it.. In the massive endless thread that is ironheads perpetual dream room lol.

8. Wow thats epic that its in irons room too haha, small world man. Sorry for derailing your new thread man XD

9. #10 tallglassesofmilk, Mar 27, 2015
    Its exactly like running a Google AdWords campaign, except its free. You search keywords that you think will have high traffic, see how many posts have been tagged with that keyword and decide if it has enough traffic for you. Things like #kush #bud and #weed will no doubt have lots of posts but maybe not the traffic You're looking for. For example, you could post a picture and tag it #hash. You might get lots of likes from people who smoke and post pictures of buds that they buy but don't grow. Tag something with #gavitagrow or #cococoir or #millspaysthebills and youll probably have more growers than smokers viewing your posts. Ive been following way too many of these people back and have about 2k people to go through and unfollow because I'm not interested in what they post to be honest.

10. Haha no worries man, its useful info for anyone just starting their IG profile.

11. #12 rain dancer, Mar 27, 2015
    I dont even have a device that runs instagram. Just wanted a place to post my pics for people to check out ya know?
    P.s. you never left a link in my thread XD

12. OK, fixed that lol. Also gave ya a Lil shout out on IG.

13. Just write the decription of the picture, then just write the hashtags you wanna use in the same box like: Confidential Cheese #ganja #Gasscitygrowmies

You can even write them in the description like: #confidential #cheese #grasscitygrowmies

Like I said before, each hastag you use is another thread that your picture posts to.. so if you post a picture with 5 hash tags, it will go into those 5 threads for people to view. Other folks are also uploading into those same hashtags, so the pictures scroll down as folks add more.. the ones on top always get the most likes tho. Hope that helps bro!

Glad to be here Milk! You got it goin on man. How did that hash end up? :confused_2:

14. Thanks bro!

Never got a sample, I wish I did lol. We made a deal and they turned around and wanted something else on top of what they paid for.. Will be using another guy next time i run anything. The guy that my gut said to go with the first time but wasn't ready for the flowers just yet. He's @hellavated. Been in contact with him ever since, very cool cat.

15. Subbed up

Sent from my Etcho-sketch

16. Glad to have ya man! I would like your post but I used all my likes checking out danknaturally's new thread.

17. #18 }-MaDCoW-{, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    It's all good buddy, I'm out too ;)

Edit: I got some more ;)

Sent from my Etcho-sketch

18. So I haven't seen your thread just yet, do you have some flowers going right now too?

19. I'm down like two flat tires