how to clone my plant that has no branches

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dfritz420, Mar 26, 2015.

1. i was kinda figuring i needed a new setup and i have no choice but to agree that the cheap route is a waste of time.  Will atleast have a good cfl later today.  hopefully this plant recovers.  If not well then on to a new one lol

2. Went out this morning and got a 120w CFL daylight bulb.  I just tied the plant down yesterday like you told me to do boxmaster and in less than just one day i can already see the secondary growth pushing itself up to create new branches and now with the new bulb i think i should do just fine.  Yesterday when tying down i slipped and broke a fan leaf off with its node attached was wondering if i were to plant this fan leaf being that there is a node there do you think a new plant would grow or would it still just stay a single fan leaf even (that is if it roots)  I have done alot of reading and know that i cant use a single fan leaf itself for a clone but was curious about it having the node being that it is a new growth area

3. I've seen pics of leaf stems that sprouted roots so it is possible, however if you leave it for a week you should have lots of clone sites

4. ok good to know boxmaster.  Thanks again for all of your help.   as she recovers i will be sure to post picks and let you know about that fan leaf too 

5. You're welcome dude, I'll stay subbed see how you go

Hey there! Your plant is overstretched, undernode, underleaved, and is not going to produce decent bud (if any at all). You might... "might" get 1-2 grams of dried product, but if you were using a flood light 50W, you probably already spent more money on power then you will get back in return. Chop that shit down and start over. Don't bother cloning a damaged product.

7. #27 ludachris420, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I personally have chopped finished flowered bud sights and cloned and successfully re vegged them. Long as they root and have a long enough light cycle you will see new chutes grow..just can take a long time to reveg..only worth doing to preserve genetics or if your into monster croppin

8. Thought I would shoot ya a pic of a fully finished cycle re vegged plant.

Attached Files:

9. I am sure my plant will come back it has made a good turn around in just one day with the new light.  I will post pics in a few days when there are more noticable changes.

10. Well i am on day three of the tie down and day two of the new 120w cfl.  I can see a noticable difference in how it is doing.  Most would probably think it is sickly but i can see the turn around.  With in a day and a half all the fan leaves turn them selves around to the light and now the secondary growth is really starting to push out.   Any thoughts on using an emergency blanket double layered as a reflective wall?

Although every one told me to get my mind of cloning at this point I decided to give it a go anyways and clone the top of my plant.  I have had that going for three days now as well and it hasnt lost any of its color and has began to show signs of slight growth and lowest two nodes so she is looking promising to root. (atleast I think its a good sign)

11. #31 dfritz420, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
     just thought i would post some pics it has been one week since i tied my plant down and got the new cfl bulb.  I was curious as to why the main stem and the stem of one of the fan leaves was turning purple.  The research i read points to the temps in my grow room dropping at night.  I also included a pic of the clone i started exactly one week ago.  It looks to me like it is gonna take.  I used root tech rooting gel and jiffy 7 peat pellets for my rooting plug. I have to thank you again boxmaster for the advice because she has made a great turn around in just one week.  The yellow tips on the uppers leafs is from where the plant lifted up into the light overnight and got burnt.  Sorry about the blur but i suck with a camera as you can tell from the pics lol

KIMG0019.jpg KIMG0080.jpg KIMG0073.jpg KIMG0014.jpg KIMG0023.jpg

12. You welcome dude, you should try bring the stem back around the rim of the pot keep it all together, what are you feed it looks like something going on with nutes my man

13. I have used just straight water from the beginning.  I used a soil that was blended for growing tomatoes that i bought from a gardening shop where i live.  I have yet to start adding nutrients, mainly because i have not done enough research yet to know what i need to use i have been doing some reading the past few days so that when i get paid next week i can start to introduce nutrients.  I want to see if i can get her to the point of keeping her for a mother plant.  I am waiting to make a full decision until i can flower the clone i took and see my end result. None of my leaves are turning purple just the stem on one fan leaf and the top of the main stem where i took my clone from. 

14. Just wanted to add some more pics.  She has definitly made a good turn around.  I am glad that I didnt listen to any of the guys that told me to scratch it and start over. I plan on taking the new main cola off her and starting one more clone before i put her into flowering.  I just put the clone in the pic into its pot yesterday and she looks to be doing good to me :)

this 1.jpg this 2.jpg this 3.jpg this 4.jpg this 5.jpg this 6.jpg this 7.jpg this 8.jpg this 9.jpg this 10.jpg this 11.jpg

15. Good job dude, I bet you learned lots and your next go will be spot on well done man

16. I definitly learned alot and still have a lot to learn as i head into flowering and then harvest time.  I actually still have to fan leaves that are alive just cause i wanted to see if they would root and they have its been a little over two weeks and they are still good and green lol did it just for fun

17. Nice one on the fan leaves shooting man might give it a shot lol, have they developed in any way

18. no there hasnt been any development but i am going to keep going with them.  One of them did have a node that came off the plant with it so that is potential for new growth if it pushes its way through the soil, we shall see.  I just built a new grow closet today just have to get  some weather stripping to seal off the light leaks that are coming out of the doors and need to get one more light setup so that i can keep two plants in it at a time.  I plan on keeping this closet for veg all the time and as soon as i come across another one i am going to set it up for flowering so that i can keep two in veg and two in flower at all times.  (well once i get to that point lol)  I will keep you posted on what the fan leaves do and prob add a few more pics in a couple of days.  See what kind of effects my new setup has on the plants. 

19. Yeah dude progress!, you'll be telling me what's what in a few months

20. Hey box master here are a few pics of that fan leaf ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429066755.714834.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429066771.890411.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429066785.230545.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429066800.207338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum