Why Not to Feed Different Strains From the Same Rez

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Peflora, Mar 26, 2015.

1. #1 Peflora, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Too often I see grows with multiple strains fed from the same rez. Even worse, individual plants are growing in a tub/tote filled with medium instead of each plant in individual net pots/air pots. When problems arise, a bunch of plants in one tub full of medium prevents a simple solution

For those of you contemplating this...

What do you do when one plant is sick, or like in my photo, one strain has different nutrient requirements, and quite likely different lighting requirements, especially when growing both indicas and sats in the same tent?

Since I use individual net pots, I can simply remove/move the individual plants. This also makes cleaning the totes easy

Picture is of 2 totes fed from one rez, with both sats and indica hybrids

I am almost finished with mother mothers in individual tents. The sat (Midnight Rider) almost died when I added Dutch Master Zone to her rez, whereas the same amount had no negative effect to Big Mex

These clones were started under 2 side-by-side white ufos- one is 3500K, the other 5000K.

The sats under the 5000 are shorter, whereas the Indicas growing under the 3500 stretched quite a bit. This is the opposite of their genetic tendencies!

I replaced the ufos with one Amare Tech Solar Spec 150, running it with both spectrums. This is a better compromise to both strains, as it is designed specifically for cannabis.

The 2 indica hybrids have lots of light green leafs. This is due to needing more magnesium than the sats, especially an issue when growing under hi-intensity leds like the Solar specs

I have been hand spraying with extra Epsom salt. Note the newer leafs are greener

I could simply move the plants around under the 2 ufos, but they aren't complete lights, not good for more than starting plants in a pinch

Also, this Indica hybrid actually grows slower with higher ppms, whereas the sat eats twice as much

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. If your plant gets "sick", then the others are not far behind, if one keeps to the basics then there is nothing to worry about. The most present danger to any Hydro grow is root problems, and this is because most growers concentrate on what they can see. Start your grow with healthy and happy roots.

3. It's like you didn't read my post...

I am almost finished with mother mothers in individual tents. The sat (Midnight Rider) almost died when I added Dutch Master Zone to her rez, whereas the same amount had no negative effect to Big Mex

4. I often see the same problems as well. More so in DWC systems.