Philosophical Quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by KingSteezy420, Mar 26, 2015.

I prefer "until a man has something to die for, he has nothing to live for".

Paraphrasing since I can't remember the original quote.

2. Bouta go to sleep...

Sleep is the interest we have to pay on the capital which is called in at death; and the higher the rate of interest and the more regularly it is paid, the further the date of redemption is postponed. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

3. Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
    -John Ruskin

4. #66 zxfgzfgg, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    If the cake is bad, what good is the frosting?" - fortune cookie i just ate[​IMG]  [​IMG]

5. #71 KingSteezy420, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    This one isn't a philosophical quote... but is very important. And also the hookah and dragon statue make it look more majestical. Free Tibet!

Peace N Love

20150404_231409.jpg

6. The seeker after the truth is not one who studies the writings of the ancients and, following his natural disposition, puts his trust in them, but rather the one who suspects his faith in them and questions what he gathers from them, the one who submits to argument and demonstration, and not to the sayings of a human being whose nature is fraught with all kinds of imperfection and deficiency. Thus the duty of the man who investigates the writings of scientists, if learning the truth is his goal, is to make himself an enemy of all that he reads, and, applying his mind to the core and margins of its content, attack it from every side. He should also suspect himself as he performs his critical examination of it, so that he may avoid falling into either prejudice or leniency.

- Alhazen

7. I like it. Very deep. We gotta keep this thread going.
    Content.png

8. You don't need to spam it though.