Philosophical Quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by KingSteezy420, Mar 26, 2015.

I believe it, and all quotes attributed to him, can be found in his writings; he never conceived that it would be published - it was just his personal journal where he would write to himself on whatever he was contemplating.  It reads very much like a book of proverbs.  A very interesting man.

2. ^ Im feeling that one

3. I really like this one. Like really.

Yea, as long as you do right, who's to say you're wrong?

5. "Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and stars; you have a right to be here."

Max Ehrmann

6. #31 Messiah Decoy, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I think people show us the way by showing us not only good traits but bad traits.

For example, you'll see a selfish person's life fall in the gutter. It's almost like a religious parable happening before your eyes.

7. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

[​IMG]

8. #34 triptomatic, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    "If you have to ask, it's probably because you already know the answer."

I haven't seen this anywhere else before (although I'm sure I can't be the first person to say/think it). However, it's just something I've found to be true in a lot of instances.

Many times, when we ask ourselves whether something is right or wrong, we already know it's wrong. We're only asking because we want to find a loophole. We want it to be right, but we already know it isn't.

Damn.... that hit deep.

True. Sometimes we just ask questions to make our ego feel better, or we're looking for justification, and sometimes we genuinely do it to attain knowledge.

I'm betting Gandhi would retract - or at least qualify - that statement if he could witness the modern American systems of propaganda. Too bad he can't watch our daily news media propaganda efforts and the effects they have on the what the sheeple believe to be so. Or, let him set through umpteen years in our "education" system and remain an objective student of reality.

So true, I guess it's more so advise to those who do understand the system.

13. This blew my mind

[​IMG]

14. Thoughts will be provoked.

A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure. ~Lee Segall

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

We are all but recent leaves on the same old tree of life and if this life has adapted itself to new functions and conditions, it uses the same old basic principles over and over again. There is no real difference between the grass and the man who mows it. ~Albert Szent-Györgyi