Auto ultimate not sprouting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shantaram, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Hi guys, I've got a slight concern. I put my seed directly in a 15L pot (as suggested by expericdd growers to not stress the plant) and realised after 2 days that my soil mix was not right so I gently took the seed out (which had just started to crack te shell with a small white tip coming out), redid my soil and put it back in. It's now almost 3 days and still no sign of it breaking through. Should I be worried or should I just wait? I've got it under 24/0 cfls at the moment.. Thanks for helping

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Your not suppose to dig them back up that ruins them all the time

3. Shit! So you reckon it's dead? Only took it out with a bit of soil for 10min max.. Any advice appreciated should I dig it out again or jus leave it another 24h and see if it pierces through? Thanks man

4. I used to take em out alot when my patience was non existent. I havnt lost any. Just broke one trying to remove a shell. I would say it should come up.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thanks punchreba, I guess I'll wait a bit longer and just won't play around.. When it's at this stage though I'm not sure how much to water the plant.. Soil is quite moist and I'm basically putting water at the bottom of the pot and a sprinkle on the top twice a day to keep the top soil moist.. Is that ok in terms of watering when still germinating or should it be much wetter? Thanks man

6. I germ in solo cups directly in soil too. I usually pre water the soil before I plant. The bottom will stay super moist. It is ok to spritz the top to keep moist. Mine generally take 5-7 days to show above soil. And I like to plant pointy end of seed up not down. The root generally starts to sprout up and does a u turn down into the soil and catapults the seed casing up to the top making it sprout and shed its shell

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Thanks A lot man feel much more reassured now ;) was thinking I had killed the poor thing! Do you think it's ok to keep it on 24/0 or is it important to have some rest time and therefore changing to 20/4 all the way through?

8. 24 hours of light a day is just fine. Hopefully you didn't plant the seed too deeply.

J