YOU ARENT VAPING IF YOU USE A PEN

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Hamachi12, Mar 26, 2015.

1. This is a pet peeve. 

You're not vaping when using the coiled ecig type pens. The herb touches the coil, and it gets so hot that it burns. plain and simple. You can't expect to buy a $100 device and expect it to turn the cannabinoids into vapor. Cause it won't. It needs to be precise temperatures. 

your weed should look like a tobacco brown. if it is too light, then it needs to be vaped at a slightly higher temp. if its black, thats way too high. 

i vape 2-3x a day. its the healthiest thing to do. cause yes, smoking weed is harmful. weed itself isn't. but the byproducts of combustion are. if you have a medical marijuana card and you're smoking it, you're NOT using it medically. if you using a desktop vaporizer you are using it medically. 

2. To make the statment that those who choose to smoke their cannabis are not using it medically is very bold. I believe that any form of consumption when used for medical reasons is in fact medical

It's just a plant

3. the coil temp does not reach a combustible temp so it is irrelevant whether or not the medicine touches the coil

you can sleep now

[​IMG]

5. stop fucking w/cheap pens

6. Just because it touches it doesn't make it combust. Thete's two ways you can transfer heat to vape, convection and conduction. And trust me, I bet thode coils don't get hotter than a bic.

You seem like a very opinionated person and continuing any conversation with you would just be irratating.

Sent from a Pineapple under the Sea.

Wow, there's so much ignorance in so many of your statements that I don't even know where to begin. So I won't. Enjoy your vaping.

8. God Damn it

9. Tobacco is just a plant.

Many of you seem lost in the illusion that weed is the perfect medicine. It's not. It's awesome and great, but many of you have obviously not studied about it. Weed itself is harmless, but the byproducts of combustion are harmful, cigarettes like byproducts including benzene.

Smoking irritates the lungs, and tar does in fact exist as a byproduct of combustion. Exactly like cigarettes. So that is in no way using it medically. In order to use something medically it must outweigh the risks. Prior to me getting my medical card my doctor asked me if I was going to smoke. If it was harmless. She would have no need to ask me that question. Do the research. Stop living in the world of "Weed is the best medicine ever. It's harmless".

This is science, I didn't go to "iloveweed.com" like you did to get my info.

Do I smoke it? Occasionally. But for daily use, it can become harmful to the lungs. If you use it once a week, then smoking won't have any affect. But I would smoke it about 2-3x a day. Which would be extremely unhealthy if I didn't vape it.

10. You don't even know the coil temp. It's unpredictable. Most coils burn the weed unless you bought a $300+ pen.

11. bullshit

have you ever seen ash removed from a pen?

gtfo

12. Me??

13. My friend has the titan pen and makes abv edibles all the time. Under 100$
    My mflb which i got for 70$ and had replaced by MF lets me make edibles quite often too, works great. I can also re vape my abv and get zooted.
    Bbbye

:smoking:

14. Dude, you're so ignorant you don't eve know why people are disagreeing with you. Nobody's debating that vaporizing is better than smoking from a health standpoint. You've made several sweeping, overly general statements that are just plain wrong.

16. Anyone else annoyed with op

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. EVEN IF a cheap pen has coils that are too hot, it is still healthier than full combustion with a lighter no?

I've never seen ash come out of a vape pen...
    My friend has a cheap flower vape pen from a tobacco store, IMO it is too weak to vape, as it takes forever to get whispy hits.

I hear that MLFB is too hot and in between combustion and vape. WHICH IS STILL HEALTHIER THAN FULL COMBUSTION.

no need to get angry if other people are 'smoking' or 'vaping' cannabis, it's their money and lungs.

I do both, though I don't have a desktop vaporizer, i LOVE my dna30 with RDA, i just syringe a tiny dot on the coils and bam, massive clouds. Whether it's smoke or vapor, it sure tastes great and I don't get that cough like I do when I torch dab.

18. Just as with many other medications there are different ways to administer it. I was not claiming its the best medicine I was adressing the rant that you posted, which is obviously one of pointless anger shown by your use of capitalization in the title. If a counter argument were to be made, my father is also a card holder and his perferred method is by using cannabis infused foods. I help him make these and I would argue that this method of consumption holds the no risk of irritation of the throat and lungs. Also, "It's just a plant" is the phrase that accompanies all of my posts.

It's just a plant

19. This thread is chock full of fail

You hear wrong.

Man, some of the crap that gets posted here just boggles my mind.