Does Weed Make You Better Or Worse At Videogames?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Black_Chamber, Mar 26, 2015.

1. For me it really depends on the strain.

2. is there a, same, option

some games i enjoy more while smoking, such as rock band, but it doesn't make me any better or worse.

3. Lol it depends on how focused I am I guess. I could be really zoned in and do awesome or I could just be laughing and doing horrible

4. I'm a PC gamer just about everything I play is on PC except FIFA. Reactionary games I find it improves my game play. First person shooters such as Insurgency, Far Cry. Melee combat games such as Chivalry, and adventure games are more fun. Thief, The Witcher, Dishonored, Kingdoms of Amalur, hell even Fifa. Are all so much more fun medicated.  I tend to not think about the stresses of my daily life and get into a more relaxed state. I can focus more on the moment rather than the past or the future. Raw instincts take over and it's just far more enjoyable over all. 

But games like World of Warcraft, Real Time Strategy games like Age of Empires the opposite effect happens. I find it difficult to focus on the game and I tend to forget where or what the hell I am doing. I generally never lose in AOE against people within my rating bracket even despite the handicap, but it's still frustrating never the less. I will forget to upgrade certain techs, forget to click up to the next age in time of peace and resource gathering. It's as if I am playing Sim city in a medieval strategy combat game, not good. 

5. I generally do better. Especially in racing games. Hit that apex, yo.

6. #46 Apocalibz, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    It depends on what you mean by better, I can have a slower or faster reaction time depending on how focused and in the game I get.
    Weed tends to get me more into the game.
    so playing a game like outlast can better the experience, rather than making me better.

7. Used to make me terrible at Unreal Tournament (2004) but so much better at Quake 3. Unreal was probably more strategic while Quake 3 had a fluidity of motion that I was better inclined to understand when stoned.

I have mixed results when playing Dota 2 stoned.

8. Strategy games I do a lot better, ponder on the options for longer. but action games like bf4 i dont only become worse but also a huge coward

9. Basically either way if i play a video game and am doing well ...its blind luck.

10. Better as i can focus easier when high.

11. I have no idea if it I play better but I have a much better time with weed. Although sometimes it makes me think I'm doing better than I really am lol

12. For battlefield yes it does. Just not as alert. Though when it comes to NHl15? Nawwwwwwhhhhh I'm Icey!

13. Pretty much makes FPS games 60x harder.

Guess that's how non gamers feel when they play FPS games.

14. #54 MilkyLumpkinz, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    idk...I barely play anymore but I guess it just depends on the game. Me an my bro been double teamin in the new mortal kombat an I was pretty into it, killin it high af!! if I must saayy.. but then theres also been a few times Im the complete opposite..like legit fell asleep, dead ass asleep!!..was snoring into the headset an everything. I swear I woke up to someone tellin me to shut the fuck up, but it was very fuzzy.. [​IMG]

edit: yeaa ik falling asleep doesnt make me bad at it, but when u wake up to like 0 killz an 30 deaths..it fuckn counts. =/

15. Better. :D
    Just get super blitzed and play LoL or WoW.
    We just got Mortal Kombat X; love playing it stoned, and usually wreck shit.
    I just feel I focus more on the game, and I'm also super relaxed and into it. 
    [​IMG]

16. MUCH MUCH better.
    I have focus issues sober. Cannabis allows me to prioritize my focus, and I excel at most video games when I'm very high.

17. Wayyyyy better... most of the time. If not I rage-quit and hit the power button

18. nah. I find them more interesting and fun but I'm worse lol

19. I think it does! But I'm sure my fire team on destiny thinks different 😝

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Neither lol. It makes me concentrate more but I wouldn't say that really makes me 'better'