Coating Rubbing off S C shredder after cleaning?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by SCShelp, Mar 25, 2015.

1. #1 SCShelp, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    Bought a used santa cruz shredder yesterday and it wasn't as clean as I like my grinders to be. So this morning I cleaned it with some 70% ISO, rinsed it and then put it in my dishwasher. Since it came out of the washer the grinder has a weird matte look to it and doesnt feel smooth to the touch, it instead feels a lot more like paint. Also after handling the grinder in my hands the coating on the outside has been rubbing off on my hands and leaving a mark on them. Did I do something wrong during the cleaning process, and is there any way I might be able to salvage the grinder?

Regards

This is from rubbing my finger quite aggressively along the top, if you can see on the back ground there is a discoloration on the spot I rubbed, it is not the lighting.
    [​IMG]
    Just Showing how it looks a lot more matte.
    [​IMG]

2. Never owned a shedder, I assume its powder coated.  I guess the heat from the dishwasher caused it.  If I were you I would go buy some sand paper sand everything off and re-clean.  Probably isn't good having chunks of paint and whatnot in your ground herb.

3. personally would chalk it up to oops my mistake and grab a new grinder....lessons hurt sometimes but we can all use one from time to time...keep only dishes in the dishwasher...no grinders or pipes, bongs, bowls, etc.

4. these are supposed to be top of the line grinders but not sure man maybe you can call them? 
    hey I'm thinking of getting one of these right now i have a 20 dollar no name grinder, I'm willing to pay the 60 or 70 for the medium 4-piece one and i was wondering are these worth it for that price, or would a low grade metal grinder be somewhat similar, or does the sc shredder just knock it out the water.

5. Get the space case

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. i like how the sc shredder grinds herb though. and its cheaper than the space case so..