bought a couple of wax vapes, still looking...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bobbygmail, Mar 25, 2015.

1. hello, when using wax i have tried the micro g pen and i currently have the vaporbrothers 11. i am finding the skillets seem to get clogged up very fast and the wires develop a black coating around them which never seems to go. i find it doesnt pull very well once this happens and the skillets often die.
    \nfirstly does anyone know why this happens and should this happen?
    \nalso if i were to consider getting a high end vaporizer for wax, does anyone have a suggestion for a model? i would be interested in either a mains or battery operated one, price isnt really an issue.  ive been looking for a long time now and all the recommendations i can see are for herb vapes
    \nthanks

2. If you want to get a dedicated wax machine I would suggest the VB2. I've heard great things about them . I think they retail in the 700s?

3. #3 Hated, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    I just got the 710 whip from domeless.com last week its an analog setup that goes as high as 650f with the dab cap. Comes with a ceramic nail and carb cap 122$ shipped with the fc code.

Such a good value considering how much some digital units cost.

I spoke to the owner on the phone for a little because I had some questions and he was very helpful. He has a contest going right now, definitely worth checking out.http://goo.gl/bDz085

4. looks like a steal of a deal. What's the quality like? In the description it says bowl, is that referring to the nail ,which I assume is ceramic ?

5. #5 Hated, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    Quality of how it functions it does what its supposed to do very well, i havent picked up a torch since I got it. Its nice to consistenly get your prefered temp. If your not used to low temp dabs youll be blown away by the taste and smoothness. Ive only used 2 other electic set ups before, and they were both well over 500$. The only diffrence is this one isnt digital and can only be used with the domless.com ceramic nail.

Build quality, theres definitely room for improvement with the wiring. The person who recomended it to me told me to becareful because the wire where it connects to the heater can easily be ripped. This is can be replaced for around 20$

I can go on alot more if your on the fence about it. If your just asking for refrence purposes I would say its a great deal.

The owner refered to it as "a community project to offer the best affordable electric setup possible." I was kind of in a rush though so I didnt really have time to hear him out. Hes definitely done a great job so far. Hes also making improvments. A new nail is going to he released next month aswell as a nectar collector. Dont quote me but i also heard from some one on fc hes going to offer an upgrade with better wiring.

I would buy it again,its far from perfect though.

6. I hardly ever dab but at the price I thought I might pick it up and see how it is. I watched the unpacking video but I have a couple questions for ya.
    What's the heat up time like?
    I noticed it has a temp control like the enano, but I didn't see any numbers on it. How do you know what temp your at ?

7. dr dabber ghost pen

you're welcome

8. I'm looking for nail not a,pen I already have a w9tech ophos

9. #9 Hated, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I think its advertised as 5 mins on full power to let the nail get hot. Ive never timed it but its very quick. The part where it touches the nail gets hot enough to burn you in a couple of seconds.

As far as there not being numbers I really wish there was, Once you take a couple of dabs youll know where to set it on the dial.
    If knowing what temp your at is important a digital unit is more what your looking for. To have an accurate one is expensive though.
    I would start at 90% on the dial and go from there. I set it to around 85ish. As you pointed out its kinda hard to tell with the way its currently set up.

I just found out about this thing a little more then a week ago but from my understanding darid the manf. Has been taking feedback and improving consistently. Hes done sales as low as 100$ so keep an eye on it.

10. $750 sublimator.  Amazing vape for flower and any type of hash.  Definitely worth the investment.

This is the XLR 2.0 model.
    View attachment 153490