Ted Cruz says satellite data show the globe isn’t warming.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Mar 25, 2015.

1. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/03/24/ted-cruz-says-satellite-data-show-the-globe-isnt-warming-this-satellite-scientist-feels-otherwise/

how can a presidential candidate be so openly ignorant?

what's next .. "gravity is a hoax"? 

i don't understand how can people possibly support someone how is admitting to the world that he is and idiot and doesn't know shit about this topic. 
    if you don't understand basic concepts then wouldn't it better to just stfu about it?

2. Why would you not trust satellite data over ground based?

I am not defending Cruz but i think your criticism is misplaced. Ground based sensors are subject to local effects of one sort of another. I think ground are fine if not better for local measurements, but on a global scale satellite.

3. Ted Cruz is an idiot.

because the subject is a lot more complex than any single sensor or measurement. 
    we have scientists that have spent decades researching this subject... and now some guy tries to sum it up in one sentence.

it's crazy how delusional he must be to basically come out and say...
    i have no idea what i'm talking about, i read this tid-bit of "scientific data"..and this is my conclusion on the subject. i don't care what professionals in the industry have to say about the reality of climate change, it's all fake.

to me that sounds like a fucking moron.

5. Ahhh global warming. The war of the paranoid.

One side thinks the world is seeing it's last days.

The other side thinks its part of a global world domination scheem.

Either way. We are fucked.

-yuri

and then there is Ted Cruz... and we are fucked.

7. Highdrated, you have spent enough time in this section that you should know who is president makes very little difference. If we vote in someone anti-establishment they will get stonewalled or murdered. Otherwise it will be more of the same.

8. Interesting I put a post in here and it was deleted. Guess they censor things on here.

You are exactly right. The total idiots who do this data disregard Solar output, and water vapor generated by humans...which is happening on a scale never before seen.

Anyhow it does not matter none of there crap ever passes, no one even cares...it polls in single digit numbers.

I also would like to see how any of the Global Warming crackpots intend to make me change one aspect of my life. You can't. You know it, we know it, the world knows it.

10. The unfortunate part is, with such propoganda trying to convince us that humans are the primary cause of global warming, it has eroded public trust in science. These gurus and media whores have played a part of this erodation (among other nefarious entities). This is a problem because asteroids, for instance, very well may be a serious threat, but without loads of propoganda over a few generations, i doubt they can get people interested in funding a solution.

Or the problem of butterflies and bees. I think these deserve public awareness and some solutions we could take part in.

it's kind of sad that there are people who actually applaud the things he says. 

we may not know everything about global warming (or climate change, or whatever you call it)... but shit is melting, oceans are getting warmer and bangladesh will be soon under water completely. 

it doesn't even matter if one agrees with the data or not... it's one thing to talk shit on GC... it's another thing to run for president and talk absolute nonsense. i guess we'd feel a little stronger if he quoted some study saying that marijuana kills brain cells.

and you are right in the end it doesn't matter who the president is. but as a somewhat prominent public figure they should be able to put a couple of coherent sentences together.

[​IMG]  

12. I heard Ted Cruz also doesn't believe in Wednesday.

13. Yea i am completely out of touch with the news, so i cannot comment on what he actually said. Frankly, if its in the news, chance has it i dont want to hear it. I cant even remember the last time i watched tv much less the news :)

14. Cant speak on what an American politician thinks about it, its just in my personal opinion Im not sold on the armageddon aspect of it. Do we affect the climate? Sure but so do a lot of other factors.

Then theres the whole debacle of trying to get countries cooperating on a solution.

I mean, at this rate we re going to have to figure out alternative energy sources anyway, so i think a technological solution is more feasible than an austerity type plan.

15. Of course the globe is warming, 15,000 years ago we were covered in a huge lake dammed up by ice sheets.

[​IMG]

Must have been all the cars and factories 15,000 years ago that warmed it up.

You know cars back then got horrible mileage. :D

it was on the tonight show with jon stewart, does that count :) ?

no that was caused by dinosaur farts. then they all died because of the stench.

i would say that what happened 15k years ago, has little to do with the current trends. 

but can we also just pretend that nothing is happening. 

what do we say to people of Maldeves who's entire land will be underwater soon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maldives#Climate

i mean it's only 300K people.. like a small town in Iowa... fuck it.

whether we can do anything about the issue or not, whether it is human caused or not... a potential "leader of the free" world should not display ignorance and disrespect. 
    what he said was basically "fuck you and your science and i don't care about your little island, or some other country ... bangladesh. is that a real place? my data says that all of this is pretty much b.s.". is that the kind of person we want to lead us in the future?
    a real leader knows how to address issues in a way that is at least respectful to others, while he may not agree with everything personally he needs to show that he is not afraid to step up to the challenge of whatever it is might be. 

we are not talking about some random dude on fox news. this guy is actually running for president. it's pretty fucking sad. 

19. Exactly, this global warming caused by humans thing is a load of shit. Global warming is real but we are coming out of an ice age. It will get tropical all over the world again and then back to another ice age. Natural progression. Hopefully, if people are still around to see the next ice age, they won't still be stupid enough to believe that they have anything to do with it and freak out with talk of legislation to stop it like the morons that are crying today.

[​IMG]

i have to give you credit. the idea of penguins chillin in hamocks on tropical islands, sipping pina coladas, is something i haven't imagined before.

cheers.
    [​IMG]