100% Organic(Water Only)|Mango, Jock Horror Blackberry|CFL

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by FinerMarijuana, Mar 25, 2015.

1. #61 FinerMarijuana, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    4/21/2015(1 week since last update)
    • Nirvana Jock Horror #1(Haze Dominant Pheno)
    • 8th week since flip complete with lights off tonight(approx the end of wk6 flowering)
    • Aroma has shifted from more of a peppery-woodsy aroma of 7 days ago, to a PRONOUNCED sweet aroma, with very subtle but obviously peppery hints! I am AMAZED at how drastic the aroma changes on this plant from week to week! 2 weeks ago you would've thought it was a Mexican dominant strain, while this week there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of Mexican spice in this strain! Still No "dank/weed/skunk" aroma at all. Very Hazy aroma this week!!!
    • It's pretty evident this week that calyxes have finally started to swell, so I can see a pretty noticeable difference in the bud sizes from top to bottom! All buds will be 100% useable!
    •  Trich production has continued at a steady rate, and I feel like this week the flowers are noticeable more covered compared to last week.
    • Pistils seemed to have not changed much at all this week. I'm looking at maybe 20-25%% max per upper bud,(roughly the same as last week) and up to 40-50% of some of the lower buds(roughly the same)!
    *Burnt tips weren't trimmed this week as they didn't progress much, so you can look at last weeks update to get an idea for the pace at which they're progressing.
    *Guessing this plant has no more than 3 weeks to go! But I'm waiting for that first pistil recession to gauge her time left.
    *Added x5 9.5w LED bulbs to the regiment and the temps didn't budge. I'm using Utilitech A19 9.5w(Lowes brand).
    I bought 20 em at $5 a pop [​IMG]
    *Photo of the fan leaf is just to show that the oldest fan leaves on this plant have yet to want out, so they're still gathering energy for the plant at this late stage in life

Attached Files:

2. #62 FinerMarijuana, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    4/22/2015(1wk since last update)
    • Sativa Seeds Blackberry(Completion of the 8th week since flip, approx week 5/6 actual of flower)
    • EXTREMELY sativa dominant pheno
    • Still CREEPING along flowering slower than I'v ever seen! STILL barely any trich production at this point, but up a bit from last week, with really the first evident size difference from week to week. Trich production doesn't seem to have increased much, but I can tell that it has a little.
    • Maybe 5% of the pistils have changed color(if that), with a quite a few more calyxes now in site!
    • Aroma this week has shifted slightly from a barely sweet aroma, to the evident aroma of Eucalyptus, tho is still not a pronouced aroma, it is not constant thru out the plant at this point. Some bud sites smell strongly of eucalyptus, while other don't really express it at all. It's still very weak in pungency.
    **Last week I mangled this plant(super cropped), and this week I can see that the plants are finally snapping out of that shock. Its still got almost no smell to match the lack of production, but some bud sites smell strongly of Eucalyptus.

Attached Files:

3. #63 FinerMarijuana, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    4/22/2015(1 week since last update)
    • KC Brains Mango
    • The end of 8th week since flipped(Probably week 5 actual flowering)
    • Aroma has shifted a bit this week from more of a pronounced Mango aroma, to more of skunky but less floral Mango this week.
    • Trich production has remained constant I guess(a barely noticeable increase), and the buds seem to have barely increased this week in terms of girth. Again, this plant hasn't been given a fair amount of light unfortunately.
    • Maybe 5-10% of the pistils have turned, really about the same as last week, give or take a minor increase
    Still a very nice aroma on this plant! Definite shifted towards the skunk this week!

Attached Files:

4. 4/22/2015(1 week since last update)
    • Nirvana Jock Horror #2(NL Dominant pheno)
    • End of the 8th week since flipped(Probably week 5th/6th of actual flowering)
    • Aroma is still obviously piney, but this week I can smell the sweetness even more, which I could only pick up on the tail end of that pronounced pine last week!
    • Buds on this one steadily growing! Seem to be carrying on with their fox tailing! This plant is maturing from the top of the plant only it seems, as none of the pistils on the lower half have changed! Trich production still steady. 
    • As far as pistils that have turned colors it's been a steady increase this past week. Up around maybe 15-20% of this plants pistols have changed(if that), but only on the tops buds closet to the light(heat). Not a very noticeable difference compared to last week.

Attached Files:

5. Hey Finer!! Checking out your thread very belated. So are you running a total of 500w CFLs plus an led? Am I reading this right? Why have you chosen 500w cfl over HID?

6. #66 FinerMarijuana, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Hey LLB, thanks for stopping by my smalltime operation haha [​IMG]

I'm running a total of 422.5 "true watts".
    That's a total of 3x 125w CFLs(the huge mogul based ones- 2 at 2700k and one at 6400k) & 5x 9.5 LEDs(all 3000k).

I had a 150w LED in the tent also in the beginning, but I noticed that 10 or so of the diodes burnt out, so I took it out.
    So needless to say, it's been sort of a merry go round with the lighting this run. And it's safe to say that my current lighting situation is DEFINITELY my limiting factor in the garden.

But I chose to go with CFL/LED vs HID because I'm not in the position in my current location, to where I can adequately vent and cool HID lighting [​IMG] I'm renting right now(very short term), and in very close quarters, so I can't cut any holes in anything, nor do I think I can safely mask the sound of any can fans. So It's just one of those improvised moves haha [​IMG] I've grown with HID/LED/Flourescent in years past, just airing on the side of caution at the moment.

I have two PC fans in the top of the tent exhausting the hot air, while another desk fan is in the tent just above the lights assisting that hot air upwards, and there's one opening in the bottom of the tent for a passive intake.
    Temps get up to 84F and go back and forth from 82-84F, and they get down to about 68F with lights off.

But long story short, when the lights come on and go off you can't hear a thing [​IMG]
    There's not an ounce of vibration, nor is there an ounce of sketchy traffic coming and going from my place.
    To top that off, we've got a $400 air purifier that uses a carbon filter for the stink, and febreeze clips on every vent in the house haha! 

No smell. No sales. No scales. And no tell haha [​IMG]
    I'm en route to my final "green" destination, so this here is just busy work in meantime.
    There are 2 puhleze/sure-ifs(spelled incorrectly on purpose lol) living in the vicinity.
    Close enough that I can call both neighbors [​IMG]

Sooooooo yeah haha! 

Rather than sitting idle, I've decided to just work on a super small scale until I can get outta here!
    Trying to keep the old green thumb strong:) 

Goal of this run = read the plants [​IMG] I'm watching them everyday to see how the react to the higher temps, the lack of light, and being given water only from start to finish. Wanted to see how they're selectively prune themselves also, without me touching them until I have to remove a dead leaf!

7. Hey FM!  [​IMG] 

wow nice grow you got going on! i like you attention to detail and your logging of all the plants and phenos, very professional! i wish i wasnt a lazy ass and logged my girls progression with such dedication!

i bet that blackberry will end up being a monster! [​IMG]

have a good weekend!

8. #68 FinerMarijuana, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Thanks Scoob [​IMG]

It's just a little small time job I've got going on at the moment, so I'm just trying my best to learn new things from this run as I have each and every time brother! Thanks for the compliments and for stopping by [​IMG] Just left your left your place and damn it's looking good in that 100g [​IMG]

You lazy, pffffff. I'm not buying it haha! You garden says to me that you quite the opposite haha!
    All I'm doing is watering haha, so I've got a little more time to just sit and observe things [​IMG]

And that Blackberry is indeed picking things up brother!

Have a good one

PS, You and LadyLuckyBean have really been a big help, even if unintentional haha!
    You guys make it really easy to stay motivated in seeing what you've got going on [​IMG]

9. not lazy? why do you think i worked so hard to setup all those blumats for? if i could automate the sst and coconut watering id do that too!

it takes a lot of work to be lazy that's for sure! that's my stoner logic anyway [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. I chuckled out loud here at 6:30am haha nice one :)
    It's just that when I pop over there, there's always something new going on haha!
    Well not so much now since you're flowering, but I'm sure you know what I mean!
    And yeah I'm def. gonna take after you and try that swick out for my next run in the 20gal!
    Hopefully I'll be able to be even lazier with that implemented! 

Uh oh, I'm due for an update later aren't I? Damn that was a FAST week!
    Gotta love those in this world :)

Take care brother!

11. #71 FinerMarijuana, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    4/28/2015(1 week since last update)
    • 9th week since flip complete with lights off tonight(approx the end of wk7 flowering)
    • Last week the aroma was more of  a PRONOUNCED sweet aroma, with very subtle but obviously peppery hints, while this week the pronounced sweetness has drastically faded to the back, while the obviously peppery aroma has official stepped up and taken over! I am still AMAZED at how drastic the aroma changes on this plant from week to week! Still No "dank/weed/skunk" aroma at all. Still a Very Hazy aroma this week!!! 
    • Last week I noticed the calyxes had finally started to swell, meanwhile this week I can see that a majority of the plants pistils have turned, and that many have began to recede!
    • Trich production has continued at a steady rate. Doesn't seem like much of a visible increase when looking from week to week anymore, but I can note that all of the flowers are completely covered! 
    • The pistils changing have certainly been the largest change this week. Last week I noted looking at maybe 20-25%% max per upper bud, and up to 40-50% of some of the lower buds. This week I'm looking at about 50% max per upper bud, and about 80% of the pistils have changed on the lower buds! Almost twice as much as I was looking at last week! Hoorah for the first signs of maturation!
    *Photo of the fan leaves is just to show the progression of the plant selective pruning itself as it nears maturation!
    This is the first week that I'm noticing the plant pruning itself! I was waiting for this moment! Almost there with this lass!

Attached Files:

12. Hey Finer!!

That makes sense about heat and renting. I need to drill a 6" hole in the ceiling and have been trying to figure out a way to tell my mom I'm making another hole in her house. Should go over REAL well but if she wants to get pot, she'll need to understand.

13. Hey LLB, 

I'll be over to your thread in a bit haha :) Off to the gym at the moment :)
    But man do I wish that my mother was here to see this :) She was hell on wheels, but she prepared me for this life!
    She always said that money didn't grow on trees tho haha. Man I wish I would've known!
    Lucky you, with an understanding mother :) And for some good organic herb, I'm sure she'll understand haha!
    It's so much better than money can buy :) 

But I'm kicking it into gear once I'm outta here! Been working towards everything for a little over 3 years now, and I'm officially only about 3 months away from that, and I can't wait!

Take care lovely

14. she wasn't always so understanding. she just started smoking a year ago. I came over to find her in the yard with the landscaper guys on a "break" and her holding a bong. that was some crazy shit!

before this when I was right out of high school and going to community college, she and my dad would snoop through my stuff and then kick me out when they found pot. once they even called the cops on me because they found a pipe. I didn't get arrested but my parents made it extremely tough to smoke when I lived at home with them so I ended up couch surfing for months a couple times.

I honestly got a little angry seeing here there smoking it up after putting me through all of that but whatever. now we get stoned together.

15. #75 FinerMarijuana, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Yeah damn! But you know what?

It's a sign of just how much the tides are turning!
    The fact that no one has ever died directly from this is bigger than anything else.
    It's also pretty damn big that we have an endocannabinoid system which regulates so many things around the body! You can only ignore these things for so long you know?! 

I'm glad that things have worked out for you tho. Life has a funny way of doing that when you believe in something just enough [​IMG]
    I'm a big believer of manifesting your own destiny via the laws of the universe!

I'm sure in seeing how passionate you are about this, they had no choice but to be converted! You converted them!
    In no time, this whole perception of weed will be wiped off the face of the earth haha!
    I just hope I'm around to see that day! I believe we will be tho [​IMG]

16. #76 FinerMarijuana, Apr 29, 2015
    4/29/2015(1wk since last update)
    • Sativa Seeds Blackberry(Completion of the 9th week since flip, approx week 6/7 actual of flower)
    • EXTREMELY sativa dominant pheno
    • Still CREEPING along flowering slower than I'v ever seen! I've def. noticed an up tic in trich production this week for the first time, with the continued up tic in pistillate production as well. The colas seem to have grown quite a bit this past week, but the buds are fox tailing so much that it's kinda of an illusion!
    • Maybe 10-15% of the pistils have changed color(if that), with a quite a few more calyxes now in site, but there's still no evidence of maturation anywhere with this plant! At least the trichs have began to show up! I'm guessing that this will be a true 12-16wk Sativa strain?
    • Aroma this week hasn't changed at all from last weeks newly developed Eucalyptus aroma, but it's still not a very pronouced aroma at all, although this week the aroma is a little more constant throughout the plant. It's still a very light Eucalyptus aroma
    **Three weeks ago I mangled this plant(super cropped), and this week I can see that the plants have finally snapped out of that shock, as all of the colas now have nice fat "knuckles" where they were bent, or at least have healed fully!

Attached Files:

17. 4/29/2015(1 week since last update)
    • KC Brains Mango
    • The end of 9th week since flipped(Probably week 6 actual flowering)
    • Aroma has changed just this week and still smells like a skunky mango, tho the mango almost smells orange this week. This is a very citral strain!
    • Trich production has remained constant I guess(a barely noticeable increase if any), and the buds don't seem to have increased this week in terms of girth. Maybe just a bit, but it seems that this plants bud development(in terms of mass) has stalled this week. Again, this plant hasn't been given a fair amount of light unfortunately.
    • Maybe 40-50% of the pistils on this plant have turned, which marks the largest overall change for this plant this week, as last week I'd say maybe 20%(max) had turned. So if I had to guess now, this plant is relaxing a little bit and gearing up for the first actual bud swell!
    I think this plant will barely produce, but the lighting she's received has been very shady, so it's not indicative of how well this strain can produce. If it smokes half as well as i smells, I'm in for a treat. And normally with organic, you get the exact same taste as you smell! Bud if is smokes well, I would certainly buy this strain again and give it the best of everything so that I can bring it to its full potential!

Attached Files:

18. #78 FinerMarijuana, Apr 29, 2015
    4/29/2015(1 week since last update)
    • Nirvana Jock Horror #2(NL Dominant pheno)
    • End of the 9th week since flipped(Probably 6th/7th week of actual flowering)
    • Aroma is still obviously piney with sweet undertones, and is pretty consistent with what it was last week. The difference between the aroma of this week and last week isn't discernible. 
    • Buds on this one don't seem to have gotten a lot bigger since last week, but the buds on the top of the plant have certainly began to mature, as I can see a big difference in the number of "turned" pistils on the top buds from this week to last week! Still none of the pistils on the lower half have changed! Trich production still steady. Pistil change(ONLY on the top of the plant) is up to around maybe 50-60%, from roughly 15-20% that it was last week.
    • This plant seems to be the furthest along(on the top at least), as I'm clearly seeing several pistils receding!

Attached Files:

19. #79 ladyluckybean, Apr 29, 2015
    I got to thinking about your nitrogen issue and have you considered that the CFLs are less demanding for nutrition than HID lights? Everyone who uses that recipe doesn't have that issue but they use hps lighting.

20. 5/5/2015(1 week since last update)
    • 10th week since flip complete with lights off tonight(approx the end of wk 8ish flowering)
    • Last week the pronounced sweetness had drastically faded to the back, while the obviously peppery aroma had official stepped up and taken over! This week that aroma has been pretty much constant! It's a nice mixture of sweet/peppery/spicy. Still No "dank/weed/skunk" aroma at all. Still a Very Hazy aroma this week!!! 
    • Last week I could see that a majority of the plants pistils had turned, and that many had began to recede, while this week I've witnessed an evident growth spurt, and an small explosion of fresh yellow pistils.
    • Trich production seems to have spiked this week too. Wasn't expecting that
    • The pistils changing have certainly been the largest change this week. Last week I noted looking at about 50% max per upper bud, and about 80% of the pistils have changed on the lower buds, which was almost twice as much as the previous week! This week I've had i really noticed the plants final push!
    *Photo of the fan leaves is just to show the progression of the plant selective pruning itself as it nears maturation!
    Last week was the 1st week that I observed the plant pruning itself! This past week I've really watched the older fan leaves drop. Mainly those near buds that seemed to be frosted up and swollen enough, and those that seem to have been covering other budsites, which is surprising. I've only assisted in removing leaves better than 50% dead, or when they fall off when barely touched
    \n\n\n\n

Attached Files: