Caught, they got me in the system... advice, thoughts... bring em PLEASE

Discussion in 'General' started by weliveinawheel, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Okay. I'm awful at the whole "long story short" thing but here it goes...

FYI, I am in PA, so anybody who knows, please fill me in...

I'm driving, my plates get ran. Lights go on, I'm being pulled over. Cop says my registration is showing I have no insurance. I do. I give it to him, he validates it. Everything is okay. Dun dun dun...

He says he smells marijuana, asks if anything is in the car. I say no. He says he can have the dogs come down but since he smells it - he already has probable cause.

Now, here's the kicker. I used to smoke, however, I no longer do because I suffer from panic attacks and a few years ago stopped because smoking exasperates it.

I have somebody in my car who does smoke though. Well, my car had enough contraband in the car for me to not want it searched. So, thinking quickly, I tell the cop there is a container in my car, but it was empty except for maybe dust particles of MJ. He takes it, says I'll receive something in mail.

I've never been in legal trouble, I've actually never even been pulled over before.

I get said letter... with 1 charge of possession of paraphernalia (1st offense) and it is classified as a misdemeanor d. Everything I read says that there is no such thing as a class d misdemeanor, but that is damn sure what the paper says.

Anybody know what I'm looking at? Jail time, probation? I know that it is not the most serious of charges, but with an anxiety disorder.. not being able to find any information is debilitating.

I know I need a public defender but any kind of idea as to what this is going to do to me is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I took the fall for somebody else. Point is, it was my bad judgement to allow it in my car when I do not even smoke... meh.

Well, thanks in advance for anything and everything...

2. That cop is a dick #1. I would imagine a misdemeanor is community service and/or legal trouble free probation and/or a fine. My friend in NJ got caught with 4grams and a grinder and just has a year of drug tests with probation

3. Definitely no jail time op.

#1 rule: never snitch on yourself and never give permission to search

The cop isn't the judge so don't plead your case, just know your rights.

4. The best response!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum