Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edible advice for a friends first time getting high?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by IndicanIndian, Mar 25, 2015.

1. So in a few weeks one of my friends is planning on getting high for the first time. I understand edibles aren't ideal for a first timer but he has his reasons for doing it, and it's currently the only way he's comfortable with consuming THC.
    My question is what would be the best edible for a first timer and how to know how much to dose. I have no experience with edibles either, and I'm still a rather novice smoker myself, so any help is greatly appreciated.

2. #2 puddleglum, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    Since you have zero experience with edibles, and your friend has zero experience with herb, please do not feed edibles to your friend. The risk of a bad experience is too high, and I don't think you want that on your conscience.

My recommendation to you is to experiment on yourself using the many excellent recipes that are "stickied" to the top of this forum. The BadKatSmiles recipes in particular have worked very well for me in the past. [​IMG]

Once you feel confident you understand the science and dosing of edibles, only then should you even consider sharing them with your virgin friend.

Even though I have lots of experience with edibles, I never give edibles to someone for thier first time. I always use my vaporizor if I am introducing someone for the first time. The two reasons being that vaping lasts for a shorter duration than edibles (so if they have a bad reaction they are not in hell for 8-12 hours) and because it is much easier to control the dosage (just stop when you think you've had enough).

3. #3 puddleglum, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    That said, if you decide to "go for it" anyway, here is my advice: The state of Colorado has had a lot of problems with "pot tourists" getting way too high on edibles, so they have developed strict dosage guidelines of 10mg of THC per dose. So that might be a good starting point for you and your friend, as a safe beginner dose.

Figuring out how to serve your friend exactly 10mg of THC might be difficult without access to laboratory equipment. Do you know the approximate % THC of the strain? For example if it is a 15% THC strain, then you would want to use 67mg of raw material.