Best dry vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by stickyjs, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Lol, yes its for sure tolerance that affects how much herb it takes to get somebody high. However if one person has to use a certain amount to get to where he wants with one unit, and that SAME person is able to use a less amount to get to where he wants with another unit, does that not mean one unit is more  efficient then the other? I mean having to use anywhere from .30 to .45 to get high instead of being able to use .10 or .15 is a pretty big difference. 

Also just for the record every bowl I load into my DaBuddha I weigh out, and every bowl is about .10 to .15 and when I have good stuff I can get high 2-3 times from one of those bowls.

2. I too am a 7th Floor fan and I have to admit the longer I used my LSV the better I got with it. Sure I had to learn the basic things like draw rate and power levels needed to make it work correctly. Had I not worked those things out I would not have realized how good the vape is. Not because it is a bad vape just because ignorance would have made me a bad operator.

3. How about the haze or even thr crafty by storz & bickel

I don't think you understand the type of efficiency he's speaking about.

Is it efficient in terms of extraction, especially compared to combustion? Absolutely.

Is it the most efficient vape compared to other vapes? No.

He already mentioned a few reasons why. One being it's a bit of a weed hog due to it's larger bowl compared to some other vape designs. Also mentioned was the fact that it uses balloons. Which can cause a slight loss of efficiency (condensation) and flavor.

No one is insulting your choice, or Volcanos.

Just recognizing that different vapes have different pros and cons. The user has to decide what's important to him, and then what vape/s fit the profile he's looking for from a features/benefits perspective.

5. Refer to Iwien's post #3, the only information about what you want is: a vaporizer, preferably portable. There are a lot of vapes in that group. The Crafty is a great vape, then again many would consider the pax to be the "Best vaporizer", while I dislike them. What do you want out of your vape? 

6. I would 100% say the nano is more efficient then the volcano. I consider the volcano to be a very efficient vape but log vapes are just unbeatable.

7. I would like flavour and effectively, vape clouds dont matter cause i will be burning herbs 90% of its usage.

8. Burning herbs is a bad idea if flavor is important. Low temps are the way to go for flavor..

9. if by burning you mean combusting then why get a vape ?

10. If you want to burn, just buy a gpen. Flavor and efficiency in a portable, firefly mflb. Maybe the grasshopper, I haven't overly researched the grasshopper yet, as I was unimpressed by the development.

11. #31 Hated, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    From my understanding they havent even started the concentrate aspect of this vape, This was supposed to be the magical pen that does both.

Hopfully they kick it into high gear and meet every ones expectations.

12. #32 jakethebake, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    I have the same question as OP and like him I don't seem to know the right questions to ask, but I'm looking for a portable to vape dried herb, something simple to use & maintain. Taste is of less consideration. Something fairly stealthy. I was looking at the Pax or Firefly. Pros & cons of those and anything else I should look at?

13. I've been rolling and using a bubbler for almost twenty years and now have decided to vape due to health concerns. A few quick questions, and I welcome your feedback.

I'll be using dry herb. Been looking at the "Atmos"  brand pen-type vaporizer, the R2 in particular.  Anyone familiar with the brand / quality?

Are the "pen-types" less effective or reliable?

14. A simple search would have told you that atmos are Shit.

15. simple searches :huh:

16. IMHO Pens for dry suck. All of them. (remember just an opinion)
    Portable requires power (butane or battery) Each has plus and minus.
      I guess you could carry a Volcano and strap a generator to your back but there are drawbacks to that plan also.[​IMG]

17. Off the top of my head I would  supply the following information if looking for assistance in selecting a vape.
    Price range?
    Portable  or Desktop?
    Concentrates, bud or both?
    Prior vape used and what you liked and didn't like about it?
    Why you do and do not like about combustion?
    I am sure there are lots of other bits and pieces to add to such a post but I just woke up and the caffeine is just starting to soak in. Good Luck

18. Thanks for the input.  Sorry to bother you Steams.