Best dry vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by stickyjs, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Hey guys i been using all types of vaps but always the cheap ones. i think its to upgrade to a very good one. Im looking for a vape that does very good with dry herb. It can come with oil attachments doesn't matter.
    Ant suggestions??

2. I own a digital Volcano and am in love with it. Easy to care for, lasted over 8 years still with no issues and i use it over anything else. Great taste, excellent vapor quality and production. Im sure technology has changed quite a bit such as the Herbalizer. I cannot comment on that but i do recommend the digital volcano.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #3 lwien, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015

I have about 25 suggestions but without knowing if you want a portable or a desktop, or you want efficiency over cloud production, or if taste is a primary concern, or if you're going to be using it in party situations, etc etc, I can't offer up any suggestions and if anyone here does offer up one without knowing the answers to what I just mentioned, to me, they would not be worth considering.

Example to snowball's post above.     If you want a portable, the Volcano is not the vape to get.   If efficiency is of primary concern, the Volcano is not the vaporizer to get.   If taste is of the primary concern, the Volcano is not the vaporizer get.    But...........if using it in party situations is a top priority, the Volcano should be a serious contender.

4. As per his bashing of the volcano efficiency with showing no proof, heres an actual study on the efficiency of the Volcano https://www.maps.org/research-archive/mmj/vaporizor_protocol/2696A.MAPS.volcanofinal1-16-08.NIDAmaterial.pdf

5. #5 howie105, Mar 24, 2015
    Which vapes have you used that you liked and why? Conversely which vapes have you used and disliked and why? Both questions may get you better suggestions.

6. #6 lwien, Mar 24, 2015

First off, great link.   Thanks for the posting that up.   Very informative.

Secondly, I was NOT bashing the Volcano but merely saying that the Volcano is not the best vaporizer to get in all circumstances but that also holds true for EVERY vaporizer, not just the Volcano.

And third, I think I need to clarify what I mean by efficiency.   When I'm I'm talking about efficiency, I'm talking about how high one can get from a specific amount of weed.      With the Volcano, I used 3 times as much weed to get to the same high as I did with my Purple Days or my LSV and here are the reasons why:

First off, there is a huge amount of internal surface area inside that bag for condensation to take place and that condensation begins to take place as soon as the vapor enters the bag.    That condensation is comprised of cannabinoids that will never reach your lungs.

Secondly, by it's very nature, a bag vape will always have a higher air to vapor ratio at any given temperature than vaporizer that use other means of delivery.

And third, is the size of the bowl (crucible).  

There are more reasons that we can explore but if you go over to FC and talk to those that have owned multiple vaporizers including the Volcano, they will virtually all say that there are other vaporizers that more efficient and I have experienced this as well.

Here's an experiment you may like to try.    Try loading the Volcano with no more than 0.025gr (a 40th of a gram) and tell he how many hits you get, how satisfying are those hits, how tasty are those hits and how high you got off of that amount?

7. How high one can get is a product of tolerence, is it not? Tolerence plays a huge variable when finding what vaporizer gets you the "highest" that satisfaction can be great to someone who takes tolerence breaks. What common individual loads that little in an average session with any desktop vaporizer anyways? That experiment would be less than satisfactory for any desktop vaporizer.

8. I do. I load that and little bit higher in many of my desktop vapes. In answer to your first question yes and no. Tolerance does play apart in how high you can get but the delivery method is the key. A log vape is super efficient which helps get more goodies out of less material.
    Trust me I experimented many times and it's always been satisfactory !

9. could you give me a link to a study done on the efficiency of bag vs log vapes so i have actual lab results over someones word?

10. also i am curious, what desktop vapes did you do this experiment on?

11. while I agree studies are good for this there is no need. If you want proof go to fuckcombustion.com
    I could easily vape .025 in my log vape when I had it and get very high. The volcano can't do that imo.

12. lsv,vapexhale cloud ticker,herbalizer,enano, and a few others

13. Oh so a forum is best over a scientifically conducted experiement with all variables accounted for? Interesting.

14. another curiosity i have. Have you been sent those products to test and review by the companies like Iwein?

15. no I didn't say that. In this instance yes. There are people at fc who have both a volcano and enano who have done this experiment. Enano easily wins.

16. nobody has sent me anything. And lwien doesn't receive all his vapes from companies I know he bought the mflb and lsv on his own.the two vapes he raves about.

17. Im a mathmatician and a man of proofs. While forums are a great source of info they also contain people that are sent products to rant and rave about and theres no way of distinguishing between those who do or don't unless they claim so. Until i am shown actual lab tested results proving your claim. I will have to remain curious and do my own digging.

18. Volcano classic or digit. I have read the classics have less issues in the long run due to absence of complicated circuitry.  Best vape experience I've ever had.

19. Something portable is a good choose, and also ive had all the chepa dry herb vapes , like the cloupor

20. I'd recommend the Mighty from Storz & Bickel. 

A little expensive, but worth it. Very solid vaporizer.