Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to deal with munchies?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sundar334, Mar 24, 2015.

1. It's been over a month since I started smoking everyday and while Marijuana has given me so much happiness, creativity and good sleep. I seem to eat all kinds of bad stuff when I get the munchies. No matter how much will power in me I try to exercise I cannot stop eating when I have the munchies. The next day I wake up feeling all guilty about how much I ate. How to deal with this ?

2. Carrot slices and dip are amazing high [​IMG]

3. Okay, will buy a giant bag of carrots from costco today LOL.

4. Get yourself a magic bullet and make health shakes. They're filling and addictive. Make your own trail mix too. I don't know about you but I love broccoli and ranch dressing as a snack.

It helps to eat good meals instead of junk. Meat and potatoes... chicken, grains, and vegetables, definitely make me feel full for hours. Sugar-free candy keeps your taste buds busy, that keeps me from overeating when I'm stoned.

5. #5 Vesna, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    I had the same problem bro.  For real when I started smoking I must have put on 30 pounds in junk food.  Then over the span of a year I started to change things up and I did two things that worked :

I would have a nice filling breakfast/lunch/dinner or eat a snack and THEN smoke and I didn't have the munchies.  Basically eat before you smoke and look at food as fuel not something to do when you're bored.

Second thing I did worked when I did have the munchies and wanted to eat and veg out.  I think the reason I ate so much junk when I was stoned was because I was too lazy when high to make something healthy and just grab some chips.  Before I got stoned I would prepare myself some healthy snacks/meals, then smoke some bud and chow down with all my prepared foods, no effort needed.

6. If you shop/provide for your own food I would just avoid having junk food in the house at all. When it comes to healthy, natural foods you can really gorge yourself and it won't be bad for you. For example, a serving of fries is around 260 calories, while a serving of sweet potatoes is around 60 calories. So make some tasty sweet potato chips (I'm just using them as an example) and you can eat like 4 servings before it becomes as impactful on your body as fries would, and that's not including the nutrients and good stuff that I'm not even counting! I hope this made sense lol

like for real though just eat healthy, nutrient-rich food and the amounts shouldn't even matter. fruits and vegs all the way!!!

7. I chew on gum and drink water lol. Just gotta have the willpower to say no to those cravings!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I probably made 6 sandwiches today and threw them out halfway thru
    I get munchies but I can't eat much :(

9. A deal with a somewhat similar problem, food is REALLY appetizing and my mind is really hungry, but I don't eat much when I'm high. I have a really low appetite most of the time, high or not.

10. Crackers, avocado, cream cheese, smoked salmon.

Super filling, super rich, healthy, great snack food.

11. I don't get fat from muchies I always have a nasty shit the next morning though lol

Try eating crackers, Pasta, pizza with salad, fruit, vegetables. Try and hold back a little don't over eat :)

Your eyes are bigger than your belly dude :)

12. been stealing my roommates hot chocolate powder, cup of boiling water+the hot chocolate mix and im full which is surprising but nice that one single cup will even out my munchies

only 14g of sugar per serving compared to a can of coke at 40g

13. Work out and keep smoking to once a day, typically at night for most ppl. Working out helps with eating healthy, just gives you another reason to eat healthy and automatically ups dedication in that department, at least for me. So eat healthy, example oatmeal for breakfast with a banana, protein bar for a snack, workout, come home eat chicken and a ton of salad with cucumbers and spinach, then eat Greek yogurt, eat a somewhat healthy dinner (eat some tasty lasagna you still have to remember you only live once and food tastes amazing) and eat bunch of veggies and fruits

When you smoke after you won't get anywhere near closd to the munchies you're used to.. You can enjoy the high so much more instead of constantly going downstairs to get something new to eat and never really being full. Also as someone above said, if you're eating something like grilled chicken, prepare a few days worth. Not many ppl have time/want to prepare a meal that takes 30 mins total everyday, so you'll save yourself time and always have something healthy to eat

14. I like to work out sometime in the mid morning, eat a huge lunch (as filling and high-calorie as possible), and then smoke about 20 minutes later. Apply this to the time you use to smoke and you will be one full, satisfied, and stoned blade...

15. Well everyone pretty much talked about the food/diet part of this thread but there are also some strains that make you less hungry , a food-suppresent in a way , pretty sure you could find a few on leafly but some strains are nutourious to me for killing my hunger appitite with numbness , its not like a " oh i cant feel my stomach" numbness its more of a " i dont know if im hungry " type of thing and thats usually enough to balance out when ive been eating too much - thats just me though , dont starve yourself XD

16. carrots and dip of your choosing.

17. I dunno, i sused to get the munchies when i first started smoking and the only way to stop having the munchies was to munch! haha.
    Now i never get it.

Chef.

18. "It's alllllll in your miiinndddd...."

According to Fred's best buddy Shady Grady, he gets the "munchkins" whenever he eats some of that special salad with 'wild parsley' and hog head cheese.  

As for me, when those psychosomatic urges hit, I simply find something else to occupy myself.  I might play an album, play on the computer, play with some clay or video games, play with myself, etc....

19. It's called self control.

Exercise it.

20. When I vaporize I don't get munchies at all, no matter how high I get. Buy nature's candy. Keep grapes and other fresh fruit/veggies around. Buy raisins and keep them in the cupboard. Don't buy tasty foods that are bad for you. Definitely don't buy ice cream!