Seedling look sick after transfer to hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by sn420, Mar 24, 2015.

1. #41 sn420, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Hey guys I need some serious advice on how to keep this little plant alive. I keep having trouble at this point. The young Plant became sick and I took it out of the hydroponic and put it inside of coco coir. The reason I did this was the roots were not coming out of the Rockwool cube and I think the roots were getting tangled in there? Anyways... I took it out and ripped opened the Rockwool cube And took out the whole plant with roots and replanted in coco.

*sigh* I don't understand why I can't grow it.

If someone can help me in what you do think I should do I'd really appreciate it.

I've given it small amount of nutes to the coco and put it by the window to let it get natural light and a small lamp above it.
    I don't want to waste electricity on something so small that won't grow. image.jpg

2. I've never used coco, but that looks awfully wet.
    Pry just need to leave it alone. If all other variables are correct, it'll eventually grow.
    I think it's drowning right now.

3. What's your ph?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Different medium, same problem. Too wet and not letting the roots get enough oxygen.

Coco is even denser than rockwool, and you didn't mix any perlite with it.

After removing the rockwool cube, why didn't you just put it directly into the clay pellets and stay with DWC?

Coco is a soil-less medium that has physical characteristics very similar to soil. I don't know why so many people now a days are using coco as a hydroponic medium and watering/feeding way to often and not letting it dry out properly.